Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

:roll:
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 14th, 2014, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The Internet is fake. It is full of scams and false information. I can't point to one concrete benefit or useful piece of knowledge that I have ever gotten from any Internet Forum. I have set up a comfortable life in Mexico and I did it all by meeting real people face to face in real life. I can size up the integrity of people by looking at them and see who I can and cannot trust. Real people are the ones around you that you can talk to, see, and touch. The Internet is a sewer of bad information dished out by talking avatars.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Interesting. Kind of like how there's alpha & beta personalities, but also there's gamma & (I think) theta. When's part 2 coming?
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Sometime next month with the release of my new website :)
Guts Over Fear
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I will follow my leader Wu to the ends of the earth in search of the ever elusive happiness.

Seriously, this forum is somewhat different in that the "leader" is regularly eviscerated, by himself and others. It promotes a kind of free-form individualism. Yes, a sort of "free speech."

I'm in agreement with Mr. Peabody that the internet is a major wrong turn when it comes to interpersonal dynamics. Face-to-face is the only way to go. But the net is an amazing source of information. The holy grail of joint pain relief may have dropped into my spam mail the other day. I'm having huge success strengthening away the pain, contrary to the judgment of a couple of orthopedic surgeons who looked me in the eye and said surgery is the only option.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

gsjackson: "Strengthening joint pain away"- you wouldn't happen to be talking about Convict Conditioning would you? Quite a few people have reported that their joint pain was alleviated by doing progressive calisthenics. Same with kettlebells & using weights in a natural way (not putting your joints in a bad alignment in order to move the weight- part of why using bodyweight works out well- it's tailored to the one doing it).
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Wolfeye wrote:gsjackson: "Strengthening joint pain away"- you wouldn't happen to be talking about Convict Conditioning would you? Quite a few people have reported that their joint pain was alleviated by doing progressive calisthenics. Same with kettlebells & using weights in a natural way (not putting your joints in a bad alignment in order to move the weight- part of why using bodyweight works out well- it's tailored to the one doing it).
Similar theory, and I've had good results in the past using alignment based techniques such as Iyengar yoga for an arthritic hip and knee stemming from old sports injuries. The hip was eventually resurfaced, and now the knee is the problem.

What showed up in my spam was the notion of both strengthening the muscles and correcting imbalances in strength in order to alleviate joint pain. Specific to the knee, pain is often a case of underdeveloped hamstrings and overdeveloped quadriceps. When that happens the quadriceps shorten, and somehow the knee cap doesn't move in the way it should, thus rubbing against bone causing pain -- according to this theory. It made sense to me, because playing sports and lifting over decades has likely overdeveloped the quads at the expense of the hamstrings. I've occasionally done things to strengthen the hamstrings, such as leg curls, but virtually never stretched the quads.

Being in Ireland, I don't have access to a weightroom right now, so I just tried three little exercises to try to test the theory -- an Iyengar yoga posture called "the table" that really fires the hamstrings when done right, toe raises on a book (because the article said strengthening the calves helps strengthen the hamstrings), and quadriceps stretches. Took a little walk right after the first three sets, and the pain was better. The next day, almost miraculously, the muscle tone re-emerged in what had been a deformed and dead left leg, not just in the hamstring but in the quads as well. I've added more exercises -- all with just body weight -- and it really feels like I've gotten a lost leg back in five days.

So to return to the original point, this perhaps absolutely vital information just showed up in my email, and without the internet I may never have learned about it. Similarly, one little tip, such as the virtues of a particular country, can be life-changing. Of course, Mr. Peabody's right that such nuggets have to somehow be separated from 99.9 percent crap.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OP,
Where are you getting that article from? You should post the link to it to source what you are referencing.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I also have noticed that Google is becoming heavily censored. I use to be able to put key words in Google and get interesting websites, now only bland comes out. The corporate whore media is taking over. In five years it will be as bland as Fox News or MSNBC. There is a whole world on the Internet that is censored out. And people on Forums are fake. Everyone is a loser making up a life. The other half are the Internet scammers trying to generate income. The world would be better off if the Internet exploded. The only way to break out of the matrix is to connect to people around you in the real world. The Internet is a big sewer dump of fakery.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote:I also have noticed that Google is becoming heavily censored. I use to be able to put key words in Google and get interesting websites, now only bland comes out. The corporate whore media is taking over. In five years it will be as bland as Fox News or MSNBC. There is a whole world on the Internet that is censored out. And people on Forums are fake. Everyone is a loser making up a life. The other half are the Internet scammers trying to generate income. The world would be better off if the Internet exploded. The only way to break out of the matrix is to connect to people around you in the real world. The Internet is a big sewer dump of fakery.
"And people on forums are fake. Everyone is a loser making up a life." It's funny that you would make this sweeping generalization on this forum, where most posters present themselves ingenuously as frustrated and unfulfilled, while accepting at face value as "sophisticated players" Roosh forum posters who boast of their conquests. Which of them are you quite certain is a sophisticated player? I'll pay special attention to him.

But yes, the internet is a sorry substitute for real life.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Winston wrote:OP,
Where are you getting that article from? You should post the link to it to source what you are referencing.
- PAG

rsinsider.com
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:I also have noticed that Google is becoming heavily censored. I use to be able to put key words in Google and get interesting websites, now only bland comes out. The corporate whore media is taking over. In five years it will be as bland as Fox News or MSNBC. There is a whole world on the Internet that is censored out. And people on Forums are fake. Everyone is a loser making up a life. The other half are the Internet scammers trying to generate income. The world would be better off if the Internet exploded. The only way to break out of the matrix is to connect to people around you in the real world. The Internet is a big sewer dump of fakery.
"And people on forums are fake. Everyone is a loser making up a life." It's funny that you would make this sweeping generalization on this forum, where most posters present themselves ingenuously as frustrated and unfulfilled, while accepting at face value as "sophisticated players" Roosh forum posters who boast of their conquests. Which of them are you quite certain is a sophisticated player? I'll pay special attention to him.

I actually agree with you on this. I think they are just as suspect. Especially when men talk about their experiences with women on any forum, I don't listen anymore.
Franco
Freshman Poster

Post by Franco »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I actually agree with you on this. I think they are just as suspect. Especially when men talk about their experiences with women on any forum, I don't listen anymore.
I love the internet. It's a great resource and tool to connect people around the world. I stopped watching TV - its so much garbage. I love youtube and downloading torrents. The internet should be the ultimate freedom of expression. Of course there's scams and BSers but so are TV commercials and politicians. The internet is a tool just like a gun - it can be used for good or abused for evil. YOU are responsible for your success, failure, and actions. Don't blame others for your mistakes. Man up, look in the mirror, and do something about your life.

Life is unfair, but it doesn't have to be miserable. - Franco Reyes
Life is beautiful.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Franco wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I love the internet. It's a great resource and tool to connect people around the world. I stopped watching TV - its so much garbage. I love youtube and downloading torrents. The internet should be the ultimate freedom of expression. Of course there's scams and BSers but so are TV commercials and politicians. The internet is a tool just like a gun - it can be used for good or abused for evil. YOU are responsible for your success, failure, and actions. Don't blame others for your mistakes. Man up, look in the mirror, and do something about your life.

Life is unfair, but it doesn't have to be miserable. - Franco Reyes
If you had a real life you wouldn't be on the Internet putting on an act. I talk to real people every day. They are the ones in front of me that I can see and touch.

Return to “General Discussions”