Only in America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
steve55
Junior Poster

Only in America

Post by steve55 »

I was hangin at my local Starbucks the other day and I noticed this girl come walking in. This chinese girl walks up to the counter. (I could tell she was unamericanized because she spoke her asian language fluently with her Asian friends). It reminded me of how foreign women (unlike many American women) seem to care how they look in public. Often times, American women have an unkept appearance such as no make up, hair in a mess, wear warm ups, PJ's , sandals, ...whatever's comfortable to her. The foreign girl on the other hand cares how she looks in public , is usually dressed appropriately, dressed conservative if Asian (like in this photo below ) , feminine, sexy, or classy (if Eastern European or Latin). I mean, you can walk into any Starbucks and you wont see any Asian girls dressed sloppily (like they just don't give a dam) or inappropriately but you will very often see American women dressed in such ways. This is a consistent difference one will notice if he or she carefully pays attention.

Another way of putting it, .....people may be a hell of a lot poorer than Americans in many 3rd world countries, but even if poor , (even if in abject poverty) they will always pay attention to how they look in public. I don't mean to be mean or negative, its just the truth. I saw a lot of poverty in the Philippines , but they were far classier in the way they presented themselves as compared to many Americans. Class isn't necessarily correlated with money.
Last edited by steve55 on August 31st, 2015, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Only in America

Post by S_Parc »

Look, you've got to stop with the Shamo, the Killer Whale, sightings in America.

They're all over the place and many, find themselves dating decent looking guys. It's probably the most disgusting thing I'd ever seen, but it's been around for the past decade and a half.

You may want to carry a Kindle (or a book) with you, so that you can divert your attention from them.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Only in America

Post by droid »

Actually, the fact she doesn't have a tramp-stamp is a relief. Maybe if she bent over it would come out though brrrhh.
In all seriousness though, is this posting legal? watch out. Maybe it should go in nsfw.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?