Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Are most people scum now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Are most people scum now?

Postby Cornfed » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:36 am

The slide in humanity was bound to happen, but I did not realize it would happen this fast. Is it the case that most of the people you see roaming the streets under the age of 35 are now subhuman trash who need to be constantly bullied by cops and security to make them behave with a modicum of decency?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are most people scum now?

Postby Bane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Bane wrote:I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.

Agreed.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby publicduende » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Bane wrote:I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.

Perhaps it's worth asking yourselves whether you are worth knowing. If you don't make an effort to open up to people, instead of caving into all sorts of dark and depressing feelings, unlikely the others will make an effort.
publicduende
Veteran Poster

Postby OutWest » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:54 pm

publicduende wrote:

Perhaps it's worth asking yourselves whether you are worth knowing. If you don't make an effort to open up to people, instead of caving into all sorts of dark and depressing feelings, unlikely the others will make an effort.

+1. A bit like those who complain about having no friends and how unfriendly people are, and yet they have no interest in befriending those around who need a friend. They lack skills in being a friend and lack empathy for those
around them that may obviously need a friend. It's a lonely life.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:11 pm

yes 90% is about right.
Last edited by Moretorque on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Not for nothing (and I do this myself, sometimes)- how would you know what 90% of the people are like? I get picking up on trends & that none of it's really official, but I think there's just an assumption that the majority is whatever way because of what flies & how things go (which is a pretty good way of deducing things). The thing is, in America, we were all taught to believe that the majority is in command & that the people decide- maybe that's why the presumption that the majority people are assholes came about?

I DO agree with most of that stuff on the comparison chart on this site & I HAVE noticed a very "valueless" society (that the people generally seem to think that valuing anything is being pushed-around or that it's the road to getting tricked by someone). That's actually part of why I like South Park. While it CAN be a bit offensive, it touches on "intangible trends"- things that aren't officially declared (there's no banner or a formalized law), but ARE present conditions.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Postby Bane » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:53 pm

publicduende wrote:

I am not "caving into dark and depressing feelings." If anything, since I shunned most unnecessary and pointless interaction, I have been happier and more content than ever. Doing this has actually helped me get over my depression. I now only "open up" to people who I find interesting and who I think will advance me as a person. With a few notable exceptions, being a loner is my true nature, and as soon as I embraced it, I was at peace. Now, I am happily married, and for the first time in my life, I am on the way to making my career stable and successful. Things are looking up!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby fschmidt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Yes
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby Bane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:18 am

Great article pretty much summing up my thoughts on these issues:

http://www.returnofkings.com/45314/the-value-of-being-a-loner

Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:57 am

Cornfed wrote:The slide in humanity was bound to happen, but I did not realize it would happen this fast. Is it the case that most of the people you see roaming the streets under the age of 35 are now subhuman trash who need to be constantly bullied by cops and security to make them behave with a modicum of decency?

Don't think cops should enter into it, since the police reinforce the status quo of a rotten society. They like scummy behavior and crime because it keeps them on the payroll.

Anyway, I would say a good 75-90% of the human species isn't worth much of anything at all. Every friend I've made - and it hasn't been many - has been few and far between. And when it happened, it just happened seemingly by chance. Trying to make friends never worked for me. And most people I saw didn't seem like they would be good friends to have.

Most people of my generation, which I have no care or concern for, are covered in tattoos, promiscuous, unable to communicate like a human being, are coked up on some form of drug (legal or otherwise) and have no conception of the world outside of TV and their town. I see them walking around constantly.

What is so depressing is not only that evil is so prevalent on earth, but that it controls such a large portion of the earth at one time. It has never been on this huge of a scale before. And I hope it never will be again. And the only real consolation I can take from it all is that I know it won't last. It will fail eventually. I see the cracks in its armor now. It will certainly outlast me, but that is a reason to push forward and hope that somewhere down the line my descendants will at least be able to live in a world without evil this deeply entrenched. (The planet is already an irreparable mess, so I won't be so naive as to say they will ever be able to live in a truly good world.)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Break the chains » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:18 am

publicduende wrote:

Well it's all relative isn't it? If my interests generally differ with 90% of the population, then I'm probably not interesting to them and they probably aren't interesting to me.

I suppose if you don't open up you will never know.
Trying to be a better man
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions