Are most people scum now?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Are most people scum now?

Post by Cornfed »

The slide in humanity was bound to happen, but I did not realize it would happen this fast. Is it the case that most of the people you see roaming the streets under the age of 35 are now subhuman trash who need to be constantly bullied by cops and security to make them behave with a modicum of decency?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Bane
Freshman Poster

Re: Are most people scum now?

Post by Bane »

I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Bane wrote:I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.
Agreed.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Bane wrote:I don't know about the being bullied by cops part, but I do think that 90% of people are pretty much not worth knowing.
Perhaps it's worth asking yourselves whether you are worth knowing. If you don't make an effort to open up to people, instead of caving into all sorts of dark and depressing feelings, unlikely the others will make an effort.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
Perhaps it's worth asking yourselves whether you are worth knowing. If you don't make an effort to open up to people, instead of caving into all sorts of dark and depressing feelings, unlikely the others will make an effort.
+1. A bit like those who complain about having no friends and how unfriendly people are, and yet they have no interest in befriending those around who need a friend. They lack skills in being a friend and lack empathy for those
around them that may obviously need a friend. It's a lonely life.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

yes 90% is about right.
Last edited by Moretorque on October 26th, 2014, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Not for nothing (and I do this myself, sometimes)- how would you know what 90% of the people are like? I get picking up on trends & that none of it's really official, but I think there's just an assumption that the majority is whatever way because of what flies & how things go (which is a pretty good way of deducing things). The thing is, in America, we were all taught to believe that the majority is in command & that the people decide- maybe that's why the presumption that the majority people are assholes came about?

I DO agree with most of that stuff on the comparison chart on this site & I HAVE noticed a very "valueless" society (that the people generally seem to think that valuing anything is being pushed-around or that it's the road to getting tricked by someone). That's actually part of why I like South Park. While it CAN be a bit offensive, it touches on "intangible trends"- things that aren't officially declared (there's no banner or a formalized law), but ARE present conditions.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

publicduende wrote:
I am not "caving into dark and depressing feelings." If anything, since I shunned most unnecessary and pointless interaction, I have been happier and more content than ever. Doing this has actually helped me get over my depression. I now only "open up" to people who I find interesting and who I think will advance me as a person. With a few notable exceptions, being a loner is my true nature, and as soon as I embraced it, I was at peace. Now, I am happily married, and for the first time in my life, I am on the way to making my career stable and successful. Things are looking up!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Yes
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Great article pretty much summing up my thoughts on these issues:

http://www.returnofkings.com/45314/the- ... ng-a-loner

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 2nd, 2020, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

publicduende wrote:
Well it's all relative isn't it? If my interests generally differ with 90% of the population, then I'm probably not interesting to them and they probably aren't interesting to me.

I suppose if you don't open up you will never know.
Trying to be a better man