Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why is "The" usually disrespectful towards me?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why is "The" usually disrespectful towards me?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:17 am

Moretorque wrote:I think Tsar needs a more masculine avatar?

Good point. I believe Tsar is a wonderful fellow and I have no ill will towards him, but avatars of Chinese cartoons and that mango stuff makes it harder to take someone seriously. And if he must absolutely have one of those avatars, let it be one from Dragon Balls because those guys were at least not effeminate.

To stay on the topic of the thread, I wish people would stop with the infighting and the personal attacks already. I know it can be tempting to respond in such a way but it makes us all look like a bunch of sassy schoolgirls and Winston the tired old teacher having to break up the playground fight. :roll:
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Tsar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I think Tsar needs a more masculine avatar?

Good point. I believe Tsar is a wonderful fellow and I have no ill will towards him, but avatars of Chinese cartoons and that mango stuff makes it harder to take someone seriously. And if he must absolutely have one of those avatars, let it be one from Dragon Balls because those guys were at least not effeminate.

To stay on the topic of the thread, I wish people would stop with the infighting and the personal attacks already. I know it can be tempting to respond in such a way but it makes us all look like a bunch of sassy schoolgirls and Winston the tired old teacher having to break up the playground fight. :roll:

I like to select artwork as my avatars. I've used three avatars since joining. The first two were fan art of characters from anime shows and the third was fan art of a character from FF-VII games. I'll start to select artwork from DeviantArt and elsewhere on the internet.

I agree with you that the personal attacks should stop.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Tsar wrote:I like to select artwork as my avatars. I've used three avatars since joining. The first two were fan art of characters from anime shows and the third was fan art of a character from FF-VII games. I'll start to select artwork from DeviantArt and elsewhere on the internet.

I see, that's pretty cool man.

Tsar wrote:I agree with you that the personal attacks should stop.

Definitely.

I agree with many of the people who attacked you, in that they are frustrated with the lack of activity in your life. Now I read that you are probably going to be employed soon? See, things like that make me more optimistic about your success in life. Try to make more threads about your successes in life. About how you learned Russian, how you landed that new job, how you joined this or that club or community, went out, improved your social skills or befriended new people. Maybe a little trip, once you saved up some money?

Don't be the guy who bets all his money on one horse, bet on multiple. Life is too short to waste away precious time on things that won't go anywhere. What if Russia doesn't work, then what country do you go to next? Eastern Europe may fail too, so where to then? Open your mind to a wide variety of options. And that house you say you wish to own first? Nonsense. If by any chance you found that perfect girl, the stupidest thing you could ever do is take her with you to the West. Hell, you may even land in jail with America's age of consent laws and the fact you prefer them really young. Stay where you are, save up, and look into housing abroad. Get to know people who live in Russia or Eastern Europe already and find out what the prices are, so you won't get screwed over.

Good luck! The job is a first step, but your quest doesn't end there. Continue on this path and I'm sure you will get there. The more positivity you bring to the forums on your next visits and posts, the less negativity will be thrown your way. Those who continue to insult you, can be ignored.
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Tsar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:13 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Stay where you are, save up, and look into housing abroad. Get to know people who live in Russia or Eastern Europe already and find out what the prices are, so you won't get screwed over.

I looked on a Russian real estate website several months ago and marked it into my favorites somewhere. I saw some small but decent flats in some cities for $20,000-$40,000 USD. The better ones and the ones in better locations like downtown are expensive $100,000-$5,000,000.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Tsar wrote:I looked on a Russian real estate website several months ago and marked it into my favorites somewhere. I saw some small but decent flats in some cities for $20,000-$40,000 USD. The better ones and the ones in better locations like downtown are expensive $100,000-$5,000,000.

That's good! It's really a good idea to look into these things already.

Another thing worth looking into is for you to decide where you would like to live with your future lady. If she has to be a virgin, pure as driven snow and beautiful, I imagine the type of girl you want is probably from a more rural, provincial place and quite conservative. You would not find her in any (big) cities, and bringing her there may not be a good idea, so have you looked for prices in more rural areas? You may be surprised at how cheap some houses can be in certain places. Cost of living will also most likely be a lot less, and if you were to raise a family it's a much better location to do that.

Just my two cents. Keep looking for things, and already try to find some Russian contacts. How good are you at the language, as of right now? Are you already (nearly) conversational, do you know at least the basics of it?
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Tsar wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Stay where you are, save up, and look into housing abroad. Get to know people who live in Russia or Eastern Europe already and find out what the prices are, so you won't get screwed over.

I looked on a Russian real estate website several months ago and marked it into my favorites somewhere. I saw some small but decent flats in some cities for $20,000-$40,000 USD. The better ones and the ones in better locations like downtown are expensive $100,000-$5,000,000.

Well, there you go then. You can make this happen. Get that job and save for a flat in Russia. My last job in the states was really crappy - I made under $12K for the YEAR. And yet I saved most of it. And if you can get a decent job, you can save more in a year. Put a timeline on it, lest it remains some vague future goal. IF you get that job in America, you need to be in Russia/Ukraine, etc. in 12-18 months from that. That amount of time will cover saving money, fluency in Russian, communicating with and scouting for girls online and building friendships, and odds and ends. You can do this.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Tsar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:33 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Another thing worth looking into is for you to decide where you would like to live with your future lady. If she has to be a virgin, pure as driven snow and beautiful, I imagine the type of girl you want is probably from a more rural, provincial place and quite conservative. You would not find her in any (big) cities, and bringing her there may not be a good idea, so have you looked for prices in more rural areas? You may be surprised at how cheap some houses can be in certain places. Cost of living will also most likely be a lot less, and if you were to raise a family it's a much better location to do that.

Just my two cents. Keep looking for things, and already try to find some Russian contacts. How good are you at the language, as of right now? Are you already (nearly) conversational, do you know at least the basics of it?

I'm not really a rural type of person. Maybe as a second-home in the future since many people have homes in the countryside if they can afford it. I want to live in a more urban area for the convenience and because its more developed. It can be difficult to get electricity or internet in some rural areas.

I know several words in Russian through memorization but I don't know the language. I don't think I could learn it on my own without anyone helping me.

I don't think that I will meet the girl I want online so I'm not doing online dating. It's too easy to be ignored, pictures can be doctored or fake, and its impersonal. I tried interpals two years ago and messaged several girls with no responses. I also messaged maybe 30 girls on VK with no success. Some didn't log-on for weeks, some ignored me, some said they weren't interested in chatting, and some failed to respond after a few messages. So I decided to say "Screw online social websites." In my opinion trying to find the right girl online dating is a complete waste of time.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:

Well, there you go then. You can make this happen. Get that job and save for a flat in Russia. My last job in the states was really crappy - I made under $12K for the YEAR. And yet I saved most of it. And if you can get a decent job, you can save more in a year. Put a timeline on it, lest it remains some vague future goal. IF you get that job in America, you need to be in Russia/Ukraine, etc. in 12-18 months from that. That amount of time will cover saving money, fluency in Russian, communicating with and scouting for girls online and building friendships, and odds and ends. You can do this.

I agree with this more or less.

Is it possible to be completely fluent in Russian in a year? Well you should get to at least conversational if you study at least an hour or two every day. I'm basing this on my study of Chinese, which everyone says is the hardest. I got to conversational in two months studying at a university in China for about eight hours every day. Now I'm busy with school, but I still study daily and I'm a solid intermediate in half a year. So with the right dedication I'm sure it's possible to get at least conversational with Russian in that time frame.

Try getting a cheap textbook. Amazon has many "Russian Beginner" books for about $20 each and you really only need one. Instead of learning words, try learning whole sentences and dialogues. That's what a good textbook does, teach you simple conversations that get slightly more complex with each chapter. Even if you don't have a lot of time, try to set goals like studying at least an hour a day or memorizing one chapter a week. That's how to learn. When I get burned out from trying to study too much, I listen to Chinese songs or look up Chinese news or cities to travel in China. It's a way to stay focused and dedicated. I'm sure you could do the same with Russian.

I'm a little wary about online dating too. I'd rather just meet a girl in person. Helps develop social skills more anyway. You don't want to be in a situation where a girl smiles at you and all your dating skills are online, so you don't know what to do. So good on that Tsar.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:27 pm

abcdavid01 wrote:Is it possible to be completely fluent in Russian in a year? Well you should get to at least conversational if you study at least an hour or two every day. I'm basing this on my study of Chinese, which everyone says is the hardest. I got to conversational in two months studying at a university in China for about eight hours every day. Now I'm busy with school, but I still study daily and I'm a solid intermediate in half a year. So with the right dedication I'm sure it's possible to get at least conversational with Russian in that time frame.

Possible? Yes. But he isn't putting any effort into it. And I understand that state of mind - wanting to learn a language but being too lazy and/or fearing it. Practicing a language can be embarrassing to practice. I use Spanish about an hour or so a day - a lot of it is fun learning, like listening to music, mixed with writing in a notebook and repeating some words and phrases. I never got good with Chinese or Tagalog, but I was lazier also. And that is a key point many people lack - purpose. Anyone who learns a language has to have a motivation. It can be economic or social or personal. But it has to be there. I remember seeing this firsthand when I taught English in China. Of my students, those who had the best English had a purpose behind learning. Some wanted to study abroad for university. One really liked hip-hop music and learned a lot of English that way. (Unfortunately.) One of them wanted to be a translator when she grew up. So there is absolutely no replacing purpose and motivation when learning. This is why I wonder about Tsar: he is facing lifelong celibacy and the prospect of never having a virgin wife. He, in theory, has a huge motivation AND the clock is ticking every day. And yet he doesn't really do anything to get where he wants to be in his life.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:11 am

Ghost & ABCDavid01,

These are great conversations. I like that you guys are having fun and respecting culture. This is all an integral part of being Happier Abroad. With language, you can do anything you want as if you were presented with opportunities as the locals are. You will hear discouraging c.rap from time to time on how you might speak it funnily...don't give up. Nunca te des por vencido/No te rindes!

When you are speaking like this, Ghost/El Fantasma, in lieu of showing your a.s.s. to me, then I can respect you more. But when you attack me, I"m going to attack back. I hope this streak continues with positivity.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby Tsar » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 pm

To avoid ruining another Thread, I selected to post my response on this Thread which I created for the sole purpose of trying to have a civil discussion with "The" who always demonstrates he's unwilling to be civil.

Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25018&p=206758#p206755

The wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:You also assume that if I go abroad I will approach girls. I don't want to approach girls because odds are the girls won't be what I'm looking for in a girl. I will not compromise my standards. Do you think I could just ask "Hey, are you a virgin?" early on? You can't do that anywhere, and there's no way I will ever spend loads of my time and especially not money on a girl to potentially learn the answer to question only to have her say she's been with guys or engaged in acts of fornication, and I've lost both time and money. I could go abroad for fun, leisure, and sightseeing but I could never just go and approach girls. I see it as a waste of my time mainly because I know the odds. I already mentioned in previous threads I want a jailbait. That hasn't and won't ever change. I will experience what I missed out on because that is my number one goal in life. To marry a beautiful jailbait virgin foreign girl.

Let me get this straight. You are not going to go abroad, you aren't going to learn their language, and you aren't going to approach them even if you did go. (And I'm sure you don't use dating sites either.) How exactly are you going to meet a girl then? It doesn't just happen. You have to do something. Much greater is the chance of a girl marrying a poor man than a man that is lazy and won't do anything.

I don't like to leave things up to chance or luck. I don't care about being loved and even if a girl that slept with one previous guy loved me and really wanted to be with me forever, I would reject her and tell her I couldn't love a fornicating harlot. I don't love like most other people and I lost a lot of my ability to truly love someone. I'm a patient person and when I'm ready I will do what I can to take most of the chance out of finding myself such a girl (and I already have 3 ideas that would do that in time).

Why even bother saying you "have 3 ideas"? I've seen some of your ideas. And none I've seen are functional. Come up with an idea that can actually work. I used to feel sorry for you, but you're just pathetic. it wouldn't matter how much time or money you had. You've never do anything. There's no dignity in pretending to hold to some values that you'll never even attempt to practice.

Good Lord....Talking to Tsar is like talking to a brick wall....It gets you nowhere...

Believe me, i truly think he likes it at home rather than abroad....What foreign virgin woman (eastern european) is going to put up with someone who doesn't know the language, doesn't know the culture, doesn't know how to communicate with women, doesn't even know how to communicate with other men?? I don't know any foreign virgin that will feel comfortable around a stuttering buffoon who brings absolutely nothing to the table.....

Your gonna look like a f***ing sex tourist....

The only thing he brings to the table is that he wants a virgin...thats it! And in the grand scheme of things who the f**k cares!!!

Tsar...Answer this please....I ALREADY KNOW WHAT QUALITIES YOU WANT A WOMAN TO BRING TO THE TABLE? WHAT QUALITIES DO YOU, TSAR BRING TO THE TABLE?

And please dont say " MA DIIICK! or "MA PAAASSPORT BYOTCH!"

Watch how he avoids this question like a scolded dog???

PS....Do not PM me at all Tsar with your crying and shit...Im too grown for that nonsense...

I know I should ignore "The" who as always is rude, disrespectful, and tries to provoke me into creating drama but I will answer his question. It doesn't matter what personal traits or personal qualities I or anyone brings to the table if I they don't have the things necessary to bring to the table. It matters what things I bring to the table. In the present I don't have any of the things necessary to offer a girl which is another reason why I'm not going abroad.

The things I don't have:
1. My own home
2. A decent income to support another person
3. Decent financial security and enough money

I'd rather stay at home and better myself so I have the three things necessary to be able to get the girl I want.

"The", I am tired of you using personal insults and attacking me as a person so I have no choice but to respond with an equally offensive attack to you. Calling me a "stuttering buffoon who brings absolutely nothing to the table" crossed the line. I'm calling you a miserable ****** that has nothing better to do than try insult me and bash me like an angry monkey. Maybe next time you won't attack me personally. I didn't want to attack you personally but if you poke someone too many times that's what happens. You could have made your thread civil but you chose to be uncivil. You should refer to Ghost's threads. He gave his opinion that he thought I was pathetic, which is an opinion and not a personal attack. You crossed the line like always. You are a Miserable ******.
Last edited by Tsar on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby Tsar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 am

The Ten Best Words to Describe "The" when he posts something my way

1. Miserable
2. Wretched
3. Maddening
4. Detestable
5. Uncivilized
6. Abominable
7. Odious
8. Loathsome
9. Exasperating
10. Contemptuous
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:37 am

Tsar wrote:I know several words in Russian through memorization but I don't know the language. I don't think I could learn it on my own without anyone helping me.

If you want to learn conversational Russian, or for that matter, a slew of languages, the Pimsleur collection of 90 daily lessons, 30 per set, are the best at developing natural pronunciation for a non-English sounding language. It won't make you fluent but at least you'll be ready for some more immediate level training afterwards.

I guessing that you're in northern Maine, given that that's the most isolated part of New England, but still, like MA, they have an interlibrary loan program and you could probably borrow the sets from them.

http://mainecat.maine.edu/search~S0?/tPimsleur+language+programs/tpimsleur+language+programs/-3,-1,0,B/browse

Their approach is a graduated recall interval, which in effect, reverses the Ebbinghaus forgetting curve, so that you retain much of the content, after you've been doing the program for some time.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Tsar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:57 am

S_Parc wrote:
Tsar wrote:I know several words in Russian through memorization but I don't know the language. I don't think I could learn it on my own without anyone helping me.

If you want to learn conversational Russian, or for that matter, a slew of languages, the Pimsleur collection of 90 daily lessons, 30 per set, are the best at developing natural pronunciation for a non-English sounding language. It won't make you fluent but at least you'll be ready for some more immediate level training afterwards.

I guessing that you're in northern Maine, given that that's the most isolated part of New England, but still, like MA, they have an interlibrary loan program and you could probably borrow the sets from them.

http://mainecat.maine.edu/search~S0?/tPimsleur+language+programs/tpimsleur+language+programs/-3,-1,0,B/browse

Their approach is a graduated recall interval, which in effect, reverses the Ebbinghaus forgetting curve, so that you retain much of the content, after you've been doing the program for some time.

I took you're advice and got myself a digital copy of a Pimsleur Learn Russian product.

http://www.amazon.com/Russian-Pimsleur-Quick-Simple/dp/0743517709

I'd move onto the more expensive three part product if I find I'm successful with the one I just got.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Tsar wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Their approach is a graduated recall interval, which in effect, reverses the Ebbinghaus forgetting curve, so that you retain much of the content, after you've been doing the program for some time.

I took you're advice and got myself a digital copy of a Pimsleur Learn Russian product.

http://www.amazon.com/Russian-Pimsleur-Quick-Simple/dp/0743517709

I'd move onto the more expensive three part product if I find I'm successful with the one I just got.

The only way you won't succeed with Pimsleur is if you don't do the lessons, daily. It's designed with long term potentiation in mind. If you skip days, the material will eventually slip out of your immediate recall space, because unusual sounds don't have an association in the Anglo-Saxon phonography. If you do the lessons daily (never skipping a 24-30 hour period), even if you repeat the ones that you're currently working on, you'll find it difficult to actually forget anything. And no, I don't have a photogenic memory like some others on this board. I have to work at things to recall them.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions