I think I'm starting to have feelings for this Filipina

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

I think I'm starting to have feelings for this Filipina

Post by Bao3niang »

Her name is Rose. She is from San Fernando, which is not one of the big cities like Manila or Angeles. She is 25, born on May 29th, 1989. 7 years my senior but I don't care much about age.

She found me on DIA and added my Skype but I haven't seen her profile. She worked as a caretaker in Lebanon and Singapore before and has now applied to go back to SG to work as a caretaker and maid for a Chinese Singaporean family. She's a Christian and so am I.

When we started talking she told me how she quickly got impressed by my knowledge and spirituality, saying that "most your age just play games all day." We discussed spirituality and travel, which soon dispelled my initial conception of Filipinas being low IQ and not able to hold intellectual discussions. She told me she has been single for four years and is looking for a serious relationship.

Her father passed away and her mum has a job. She currently lives with her sister who has two children. She went to college but had to quit after one year because she had to start working to support her own sister who is in school. She loves music and plays the piano and guitar, as well as singing. We both like Linkin Park quite a lot.

Rose tells me she thinks I'm sweet and mature with a good sense of humor. She was originally surprised that I would be interested in someone her age, but has now reciprocated my feelings after I told her how I'm starting to have genuine feelings. She manages to make me very happy, being fun and upbeat. We flirt over the phone and I find the way she talks to me quite sexy.

Physically Rose is a very petite woman at only 4'9, but she has a nice body and what I think is a decent face. She tells me that keeping in shape is important to her because she was bullied as a child for being fat, mostly by guys. Now that her childhood bullies see how great she looks they have all changed their minds and want her as their girlfriend but she can't forget the past and refuses to associate with any of them. I believe this shows she has the guts to not give in.

I think she is a great lady that I'd to meet and the chances are good for me being seriously involved with her in person, but since I have no prior experience with Filipinas I need the advice of more experienced members here. If you guys want to see photos of her I will try to find them and post them on here.

Perhaps the only drawback is that she told me it's her dream to go to Calgary, Canada.....
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Re: I think I'm starting to have feelings for this Filipina

Post by Bao3niang »

She also likes to draw. She said it does not matter how good or bad it is, as long as one feels happiness.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

filipinas age fast and since your younger than her I said dont have feelings period. Dont even settle for a filipina when your that age its ridiculous. this isn't the us of gay where you have to settle for a woman older than you.

the fact she says calgary canada means she has family there or something.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

She has a friend who works there.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

why aren't you finding a girl in china? You can find a hotter girl in china than philippines. Most girls are ugly there so whats left over you have to be lucky to get but in china there is plenty of cute girls.

There is plenty of desperate chinese women who wantt o work in a factory. where do you live the big city or something where there is none of those type available?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I am flying to KL next year, and she will likely be in Singapore then. I will certainly hop over to go meet Rose. newlifeinphilippines, although your name suggests you like the PH and the women, but I guess it fell out of favor for you? Where do you want to move to now?

I was in China (Beijing) but now I am in Vancouver for university. Sigh. Well I actually spend most of my week in Burnaby on a mountain which basically makes me stranded.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Bao3niang wrote:I am flying to KL next year, and she will likely be in Singapore then. I will certainly hop over to go meet Rose. newlifeinphilippines, although your name suggests you like the PH and the women, but I guess it fell out of favor for you? Where do you want to move to now?

I was in China (Beijing) but now I am in Vancouver for university. Sigh. Well I actually spend most of my week in Burnaby on a mountain which basically makes me stranded.

i like phil still but i want to travel around and experience other places. i came back to america to focus on my work and to save money.

I personalyl would never live in a horrible country like china. but i think there is way better women there in terms of looks and personality. but id imagine it would be hard to developa relationship with a chinese woman. seems like southeast asia is the easiest if you want a wife.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Depends. BJ, SH have many bitchy women because they are the most Westernized cities. However, I have my chances still placed on second tier and rural areas.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

If she makes you happy, go for it. In the Philippines when you reach her age, pushing thirty, you are pretty much seen as a spinster. She may get some degree of pressure from her family to get married and provide grandchildren, but this is not always the case as some people in Filipino families sacrifice their own private lives and a chance at love by working abroad and providing for the family. My wife has several (distant) relatives who never married and had children, or did so very late in life. They are held in high regard, however, having paid for the education of their relatives, cousins, second cousins and siblings at home. You have to make sure, before things get more serious, that what she wants in life and what you want in life are on the same line. If she's 25 and 7 years your senior, that makes you 18. Be sure what you're signing up for, be sure what her intentions are. You got to have common goals, plans, dreams, hopes and desires. If you and her are not heading in the same direction and do not want the same things, it's better to end it soon before you both get hurt. If you do have the same dreams, stick with her. Make a commitment to her, and to a future together. If you see no future together, or she doesn't, just call it a day. But if you want to go for it, go for it, and give it your best.

Good luck, and don't let the negativity of others drag you down. But remain realistic, and set a timeline for how you want things to go. Also, when you have the means and opportunity, meet up! You can get to know a person online to the point where meeting them IRL is like meeting an old friend, but meeting should always be in the back of your mind. When you do, the goodbye will be very hard, but also extremely motivating. :wink:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

newlifeinphilippines, where and how many times have you been to China? From an objective POV China is a country with its fair share of issues, but overall, at least the leaders aren't behaving like kids all day long like the Dems and the Reps. I am certainly not condoning any government because I am an anarchist at heart, but at least on the surface China can pull its act together. Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen are borderline first world in most areas. I can still sense rich history and culture when I am in Beijing but not when I was in Shanghai.

Both Beijing and Shanghai women can be bitchy but Beijingers are more likely to be passive-aggressive while Shanghainese women will often put on a show. I don't know which one is worse. China is certainly a country with potential, but if it keeps bowing down to the West it will never be able to attain true status as a global power.

Despite Beijing being very Westernized, I still enjoyed my six years very much. Thinking back I still had it a thousand times better during my worst times there than I am now back in the Anglosphere. The overall atmosphere and there are so many kinds of places in China that simply do not exist in the West.

Back in BJ I got to know almost everyone within several blocks of the neighborhood where I lived while I would not have the opportunity in a million years here in Vancouver because everyone is so cold and closed. There are many aspects of East Asian culture that I totally disagree with, especially those regarding authority.

Confucius did not intend for his teachings to be rigidly and dogmatically enforced, he saw it as the natural consequence of humans behaving morally and conducting themselves well. However, his teachings were later adopted and modified by the ruling class which used them to strike fear and enslavement into the people. The result is that the Confucianism practiced today is much more legalistic than what C originally intended for it to be. I guess the East Asian Confucian doctrines may partly be attributed to their interpretation by those who needed to have a sense of control rather than the original teachings themselves.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Masturbate. Then when you're about to come, stop. Do this once or twice a day. Do it until it's no big deal. Take control of your sex drive. Don't date women older than you. Spend the next 15-20 years making money, casually dating, and making a mental note (or better still, write a list) of the qualities that you should be seeking, and stick to them. Then find a younger woman. The end.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Dude..Whatever you do...DO NOT POST THE PICTURE OF THE GIRL HERE.....Many Psychos will try to contact her...for twisted reasons....They may even tell her about you on her negatively and direct her to this forum etc....

If you like her or don't like her...She don't have to suffer with your indecision in a forum filled with 1000 views. Also, Many will like her and many don't....and the debate will spiral down on her looks.

Then there will be test on her morality and how one of the member can prove that..she is unfaithful etc tests....

Then there will be immigration question that - She is just using you to get to Canada thingy....

In short..whatever a Western Guy thinks is dear to him will hold it against her....Like Money, Visa, Good Life, age etc etc...

I have dated countless Filipinas ....They are good folks all in all...Just be clear on what circumstances you will be together...like Filipinas are born to take care of her family...Its not that she is bad..Its the way Philippines roll...Relationships/large family are very important to Filipinos...You just need to understand quirks of being born in Philippines....They play by that rule....They can't abandoned their family because she found a man from the west...

Good Luck....
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I'll take a different stance.

Most important rule is not to fall in "love" with this girl before you meet her. Love or the thought of can make us do really stupid stuff, like give away money. Take it slow and if you can, try and spend a lot of in person time with her.

My next stance is that if you like her, who cares about age, and to hell with what other people say. Every one has an opinion on the matter but many on here won't be ready to settle down until they have screwed 1000 models. You still gotta be wise and not force anything but if love and a relationship is what you are after then go for it. Don't let anyone tell you what you should want. Just keep your smarts about you.

I don't understand why many people say filipinas look horrible with age, as compared to what? My friends dad is married to a 31-32 year old filipina and she is better looking now (works out more) than what she was when he married her at 25. If they exercise and eat decent they should age fine. Almost every girl starts showing their age around 45ish. Idk about anyone else but outside of TV, I've never seen a 50 year old I'd consider sleeping with. That's with any race. I've seen many Filipinas whom I asked their age and when they told me they were 32, 36, 38 I was shocked. I thought they were 23.

I also agree with Starchild, don't post her pic. You will just be asking for trouble from people who will nit pick the hell out of the girl.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote: I don't understand why many people say filipinas look horrible with age, as compared to what? My friends dad is married to a 31-32 year old filipina and she is better looking now (works out more) than what she was when he married her at 25. If they exercise and eat decent they should age fine. Almost every girl starts showing their age around 45ish. Idk about anyone else but outside of TV, I've never seen a 50 year old I'd consider sleeping with. That's with any race. I've seen many Filipinas whom I asked their age and when they told me they were 32, 36, 38 I was shocked. I thought they were 23.
I agree. With my advancing years I have more and more difficulty guessing ages but Filipinas generally look younger than their Western counterparts. Part of that is mental: a 5'0" 90 lbs. girl looks young, just as a 14 year old boy who is 6'6" looks older. My wife's best friend is 47 and you would never guess is (well at least I would have never guessed it).

OTOH, hard working Pinays with difficult lives in the Philippines might age badly. But even my MIL, in her early 50s with 10 - count em - 10 kids, looks 45 to me.

As to the OP, take your time, have fun and I wish you good luck. I agree about posting pics here or sharing too much personal information. Find yourself a good mentor that you can trust and take it from there. However, do understand that what a 25 year old Pinay wants is marriage. It's up to you when or whether you want that for yourself.