Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should we ban Paloatoguy (and other disruptive trolls, for that matter)?

Yes, ASAP
81%
No, he's funny
15%
Not sure\undecided
4%

Total votes: 26
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I had it with Paloatoguy and his BS. He used to be confined to his own threads but lately he's shitting up other threads too with his copy-paste messages and images, gibberish and yelling. He adds literally ZERO to any discussions. I'm all in favor of banning him, rather then waiting for him to disappear. This forum is supposed to be all about freedom of speech but a good gardeners knows when to cut the rotten apples off. No reason to run it like it's some f***ing nanny state. So I made a poll on whether or not to ban him, like we did with Cornfed before. People like PAG or Anatroll make me appreciate Cornfed more, because Cornfed at least made a few decent and insightful posts about modern culture. Even a broken clock hits the right time twice a day, but allowing a disruptive troll to mess up a forum has nothing to do with "free speech".

I am pretty confident the poll results will show that very few people consider this man a valuable addition to these forums. A toddler can copy and paste shit too, throw tantrums and cry, but sometimes toddlers have to be disciplined and this person is NOT a good addition to the forums at all. Getting rid of him would probably improve posting quality, if only just a little bit. He's had his time, he's had his laugh, but the entertainment value has gone away and he just gets on people's nerves now.

There's a thing to be said for allowing controversial views such as racism, and allowing opposing views. I get that. But deliberate trolling, derailing of discussions and messing around should not be allowed to freely happen without consequences. It may be funny for a while, but the novelty wears off and shit gets old. I say we end this and be done with it.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Re: Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Does anyone have a picture of the most handsome person here?
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 19th, 2014, 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guts Over Fear
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Does anyone have a picture of this moronic person?
I do!

Here's one:

Last edited by MarcosZeitola on November 17th, 2014, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why don't you just put him on ignore? Add him to your foes list. Then you won't see his posts.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:Why don't you just put him on ignore? Add him to your foes list. Then you won't see his posts.
I don't like putting people on ignore, it messes up discussions especially with others quoting them. And your reply is off-topic, as you do not go into his actual behavior and posting history. I know this is a free speech forum, but when did free speech become a thing for trolls?
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Nice
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 19th, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guts Over Fear
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
I do!

Here's one:

That looks like a fine specimen of a human being to me.
Time to Hide!
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
I do!

Here's one:

Indeed :)
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 19th, 2014, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guts Over Fear
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Moretorque wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
I do!

Here's one:

That looks like a fine specimen of a human being to me.
Yeah, I'm not gay or anything but damn! super sexy!
Last edited by Paloaltoguy on November 19th, 2014, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guts Over Fear
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

My God PolloAlto, how low do you want to go? Just get the heck out and put and end to this misery.

You don't want people here to keep you around out of pity, or do you?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 29th, 2020, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Typical of MarcosKrapola for wantingto ban the good posters...But a known racist in Cornball gets a pass from you?? Trust me, he dont like your kind either moron....
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I think there should be a "no" option that doesn't say "he's funny". It should just be "No".
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The only reservation I have is that this might be the thin end of the wedge. First he is banned and then before you know it, everyone politically incorrect is a disruptive troll and therefore banned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

The wrote:Typical of MarcosKrapola for wantingto ban the good posters...But a known racist in Cornball gets a pass from you??
The difference is that I am engaging in honest discussion whereas PAG is a bullshit artist.