Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Should we ban Paloatoguy (and other disruptive trolls, for that matter)?

Yes, ASAP
81%
No, he's funny
15%
Not sure\undecided
4%

Total votes: 26
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Post by Rock »

Once in awhile I getta laugh outta this guy. Like on that thread about the model dude who walked around NYC and got harassed, he chimed in that the same thing happens to him all the time and he even had to hire security detail in London lol. He's seems a lot brighter, more prolific, and entertaining than your garden variety troll. And this guy posts some pretty interesting images too. But...my all time favorite disruptive type for entertainment was Odbo. PaloAlto doesn't hold a candle to him. But anyway, he does provide a bit of entertainment sometimes.

Duende, you kinda look silly investing so much energy in arguing with this guy and taking him so seriously if you don't want him around. You know trolls feed of the energy of others. The more you put into the debates, the more you feed him. If everyone ignored him, he would probably wither and die a slow death. Look at the bigger picture, don't be so left brained.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 19th, 2020, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Whoa, you people are still talking about me? Lol!!! I click the X on my window and forget about the existence of the website. To me, you're all just a mass of inexhaustible stupidity :lol:
Guts Over Fear
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Whoa, you people are still talking about me? Lol!!! I click the X on my window and forget about the existence of the website. To me, you're all just a mass of inexhaustible stupidity :lol:
Well could you f**k off then please. The only reason you get a response now is because of the existential questions you raise.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Bit presumptuous for someone who joined less than a year ago and has less than 1000 posts to call for banning. But in this case I agree, yes, please ban.
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster

Post by Paloaltoguy »

Okay, I'm outta here. See ya!
Guts Over Fear
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Paloaltoguy wrote:Okay, I'm outta here. See ya!
Better bullshitting elsewhere.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How about we just put paloaltoguy in the troll board and limit his posting there? That way those who find him entertaining can still read his posts while the rest can just put him on ignore. It sounds like a win-win situation.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 19th, 2020, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Winston wrote:How about we just put paloaltoguy in the troll board and limit his posting there? That way those who find him entertaining can still read his posts while the rest can just put him on ignore. It sounds like a win-win situation.

Is winston churchill using the strategy of appeasement by giving away Austria? You can't contain hitler. :D
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:How about we just put paloaltoguy in the troll board and limit his posting there? That way those who find him entertaining can still read his posts while the rest can just put him on ignore. It sounds like a win-win situation.
No don't do that, because you would then subject yourself to pressure to put other posters there, and you, being of a relatively weak moral character when it comes to the forum (no offense) would do this, and this would allow government trolls to destroy the forum. He says he is leaving, and that is because the lack of moderation caused him to get his butt kicked. If he leaves, let him leave and take the win.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Rock wrote:Duende, you kinda look silly investing so much energy in arguing with this guy and taking him so seriously if you don't want him around. You know trolls feed of the energy of others. The more you put into the debates, the more you feed him. If everyone ignored him, he would probably wither and die a slow death. Look at the bigger picture, don't be so left brained.
I don't like arrogant people, braggards, FOS with nothing to show for it, and people who lay gratutitous insults. This guy pushed all them buttons, so elicited my reaction. I just feel pity for him because, like a majority of trolls, he prefers to spend all of his energies posting fantasies than making some of those fantasies come true.

I 100% agree with some other poster who said, on another thread, that it's people like PAG who make you appreciate people like Cornfed who, for all his deranged and racist outlook on life and society, does sound geuinely interested in giving his contribution to this forum, however opinable it might be.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The wrote:Typical of MarcosKrapola for wantingto ban the good posters...But a known racist in Cornball gets a pass from you?? Trust me, he dont like your kind either moron....
My kind? And what might my kind be, then? Enlighten me. You also seem to have a very poor understanding of the word "good" and what it means.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:
Which would be fine, but have discernment and don't just whip it out whenever someone with unpopular opinions posts. They need to exemplify actual trolling behavior repeatedly. I think that would be a good start. This way, you aren't restricting free speech.
Of course there will be discernment. I am a good judge of character. How should we decide though, who is to go into the troll board and who is to be banned? What's the criteria?

This could complicate things too. I've seen other forums have a troll board which they call "the trash binge" or something like that. They will put posters with unpopular opinions there, who are not really trolls.

Also, having a troll board here could make the forum look kind of ghetto or compromised. Like we have to have a dumping ground to appease the trolls.

Ok well if PaloAltoGuy is gone, then problem solved. If not, maybe we can limit him to a troll board. But I have to figure out how to set that up first.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The wrote:Typical of MarcosKrapola for wantingto ban the good posters...But a known racist in Cornball gets a pass from you?? Trust me, he dont like your kind either moron....
You've already received 3 warnings, including one from zboy, about your uncivil behavior in insulting others. Now you've called Marcos a "moron" which is unprovoked. Therefore, you will now be banned for one week. Next time it will probably be permanent.