Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should we ban Paloatoguy (and other disruptive trolls, for that matter)?

Yes, ASAP
80%
No, he's funny
16%
Not sure\undecided
4%

Total votes : 25

Re: Banning disruptive trolls (poll)

Postby Winston » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Here is an idea. How about we allow PaloAltoGuy to stay, but disallow him from creating those "I nailed it!" type of threads? If he creates them, we can delete them and send warnings to him. That way he will not be able to feed his ego as much with those kind of threads? Instead, he will be forced to participate in substantive discussions or not at all.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Anatol » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 am

Hello Administrator Sir,

Voting is foolish. There should only be 1 moderator other than yourself and he should report directly to you. There is no need to involve everyone in the society or to make topics like these to make your people happy as if they are partaking in a democracy {(while of course the actual decision is yours ~ nor are there need to garner suggestions on what to do since it is a simple matter and not needing confabulation)}. This is your web-site and unfortunately I have to often tell you what to do because you are on the wrong track {(Not from ignorance ~ you know what the right thing to do is)}. You must outlaw cursing, lewd photos, etc. If a society is to advance it cannot have 'no rules' as the rule. It must have RULES.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Anatol wrote:Hello Administrator Sir,

Voting is foolish. There should only be 1 moderator other than yourself and he should report directly to you. There is no need to involve everyone in the society or to make topics like these to make your people happy as if they are partaking in a democracy {(while of course the actual decision is yours ~ nor are there need to garner suggestions on what to do since it is a simple matter and not needing confabulation)}. This is your web-site and unfortunately I have to often tell you what to do because you are on the wrong track {(Not from ignorance ~ you know what the right thing to do is)}. You must outlaw cursing, lewd photos, etc. If a society is to advance it cannot have 'no rules' as the rule. It must have RULES.

Yes you are right. But I did not start this poll. Regardless, polls are valuable and useful to me. I want to know what the majority opinion is because I want to try to appease everyone if possible, in order to keep everyone happy here and make them feel like they have a say in things. It's good politics and shows people that you care.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussions