Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Farewell to Happier Abroad...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Farewell to Happier Abroad...

Postby zboy1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Hey guys, I want to say my thanks for the people, past and present, for giving me advice about traveling and dating abroad, as well as discussions about the U.S. and society-at-large. I also want to say I appreciate the tussles I've had with my detractors, too, including Rock, Billy, Ghost, Cornfed and NewLifeinthePhillippines. You made the forum interesting, to say the least...

I feel like I've taken all that I can from this website, and I'm grateful! I will still answer PM and email messages, so don't hesitate to send them to me. I will answer them. As I've said in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25302&p=208245#p208245,
I'm happy that I quit my job, took some time to finish my college degree, and then headed-off to Asia to see the world. I've always been a world traveller from the beginning, starting from the fact that my Father worked in the embassy and was stationed in Latin America when I was a baby, to when I traveled throughout Europe while in the military, to currently being in Asia right now.

I'm really happy now, and even though life isn't perfect for me, I feel like I've never been as happier as I've been now. If I eventually get married, maybe I can invite Winston and some other people to my marriage ceremony, hahaha....

I've made many friends here on the forum including Winston, Baoning, Maverick, E_Irizzary, EthanSg and others. Thanks for your companionship!

Anyway, I will greatly limit my contributions to this forum from now on, probably only posting once or twice a month...maybe even less than that in the future.

Good luck to everyone on HA, and I hope you guys have a bright and prosperous future!
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Farewell to Happier Abroad...

Postby green1976 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Good luck there.
I think in some way it's a success when you are happy,especially abroad against the American male female dynamics,and the time comes where you don't feel the need to post anymore here.

I almost never would post when i'm in SEA as i'm really busy relating,enjoying life and nice women.

The time i'm here is because i'm back in France so my mind is in an opposing mode.
For sure if i got to a point where i'm abroad or when i have found some kind of stability and that the most part of my goals are acheived,i won't post anymore or very few.

After being here for some years..it's just a repetion..almost everything has already being said..we knows the deals..the newcomers who have the same questions as we had for most of us,should not only read the actual conversations but look back what they where in the past.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Postby Billy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:20 pm

All well zboy. Hope you will be happy at least it seems like you are in the right direction.

I don´t know why I am one of your detractors though I am to tired to look it up what it means. I used the forum to better my english skills and talk about general happier abroad stuff. It worked good enough as I am in Asia and I love it so far.

The topic of racicism is chaotic and we are all totally mixed people so no wonder we come not to a solution. But I understand as an asian guy one wants to limit competition at home. Fair enough.

No worries.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:33 pm

No need to make a big deal out of it. I come and go, posting or not posting when I have time or there's something relevant. But you're an inspiration zboy and I hope others on here get to travelling like you. I hope/expect to get back to Asia, China within two years too.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:58 am

abcdavid01 wrote:No need to make a big deal out of it. I come and go, posting or not posting when I have time or there's something relevant. But you're an inspiration zboy and I hope others on here get to travelling like you. I hope/expect to get back to Asia, China within two years too.

Thanks. And good luck to you too! Keep in touch.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:01 am

green1976 wrote:Good luck there.
I think in some way it's a success when you are happy,especially abroad against the American male female dynamics,and the time comes where you don't feel the need to post anymore here.

I almost never would post when i'm in SEA as i'm really busy relating,enjoying life and nice women.

The time i'm here is because i'm back in France so my mind is in an opposing mode.
For sure if i got to a point where i'm abroad or when i have found some kind of stability and that the most part of my goals are acheived,i won't post anymore or very few.

After being here for some years..it's just a repetion..almost everything has already being said..we knows the deals..the newcomers who have the same questions as we had for most of us,should not only read the actual conversations but look back what they where in the past.

Same with me. I'm in Asia and I'm happy here...but everytime I come to post on HA, I kind of get depressed looking at some of the in-fighting, arguing and sad topics that get posted here. But, anyway...good luck to you Green, and hope you have a great future.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:05 am

Billy wrote:All well zboy. Hope you will be happy at least it seems like you are in the right direction.

I don´t know why I am one of your detractors though I am to tired to look it up what it means. I used the forum to better my english skills and talk about general happier abroad stuff. It worked good enough as I am in Asia and I love it so far.

The topic of racicism is chaotic and we are all totally mixed people so no wonder we come not to a solution. But I understand as an asian guy one wants to limit competition at home. Fair enough.

No worries.

Yeah, good luck to you, Billy. I'm not opposed to racial topics, but some of the slurs and comments on the forum cross-the-line. But, anyway, I find the racial dynamic talk interesting, and HA is one of the few places where you can discuss those issues, and I'm glad. I just wish there was less in-fighting on the forum.

I'm just surprised that as a Turk in Germany, that you don't share some of my same sentiments, considering that Turks are looked down upon in most European countries. Anyway, good luck to you in the future.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby starchild5 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:08 am

Good Luck and wish you a bright future ahead.

You were one of the coolest and nice guys on the forum. The forum would experience an imbalance when guys like you live..

Thanks for sharing your life experiences...I learned a lot from it...
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:34 am

starchild5 wrote:Good Luck and wish you a bright future ahead.

You were one of the coolest and nice guys on the forum. The forum would experience an imbalance when guys like you live..

Thanks for sharing your life experiences...I learned a lot from it...

My feelings exactly.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Anatol » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:13 am

Hello,

It is good you are leaving. Hopefully it will be permanent! You, like most Chinese and Indian men have a severe inferiority complex and I don't like that. This is a big reason why feminism has spread to the world ~ until Chinese and Russian and Indian men start being proud of their patriarchal cultures again, we Western men who don't want a thing to do with feminism are stuck here in U.S.A.

| {(Spits on feminism in front of you ~ and that's for being its friend, Mr. Chinese! A present for you!!)} |

~~~~~ WHERE IS THE REAL CHINA AT? THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE READY TO DO BATTLE TO THE DEATH AGAINST EVIL FEMINISM OF U.S.A. AND ITS LACKEYS LIKE MY NATION SPAIN. ~~~~~~~~~
Anatol
Junior Poster

Postby Sidious » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:36 am

Anatol wrote:

[color=#BF4000]~~~~~ WHERE IS THE REAL CHINA AT? THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE READY TO DO BATTLE TO THE DEATH AGAINST EVIL FEMINISM OF U.S.A. AND ITS LACKEYS LIKE MY NATION SPAIN. ~~~~~~~~~

Spain's Divorce Rate: 61%
China's Divorce Rate: 22%.

You are an utter troll, sir. You should be banned outright.
Sidious
Freshman Poster

Postby Anatol » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:45 am

Sidious wrote:
Anatol wrote:
~~~~~ WHERE IS THE REAL CHINA AT? THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE READY TO DO BATTLE TO THE DEATH AGAINST EVIL FEMINISM OF U.S.A. AND ITS LACKEYS LIKE MY NATION SPAIN. ~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I said that China used to be anti-feminist and U.S.A./Spain are feminist when the two cultures contacted each other 20 years ago ~ hence the two sides should be battling. What is hard to understand about this?
Anatol
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:06 am

Anatol wrote:
Sidious wrote:
Anatol wrote:

Hello,

I said that China used to be anti-feminist and U.S.A./Spain are feminist when the two cultures contacted each other 20 years ago ~ hence the two sides should be battling. What is hard to understand about this?

Depending on how you read your statement, it could sound like you are saying that Spain is feminist or anti-feminist. I think this was a simple misunderstanding.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Wait a minute Zboy1. You forgot to address something. If you're not going to be participating anymore, then who will manage your Expat VIP forum? You should find someone to take it over first, who will moderate it as well as approve new members who want to join.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jonny Law » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:49 pm

You are a great man zboy1. And I hope you will keep us updated.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions