Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

-----

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The kick in the a** some of us need...

Postby Cornfed » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:45 am

I always tried to better myself, be optimistic, travel when there were no local opportunities etc. Looking back, I wonder if it was the right thing to do. If a young man said he wanted to stay where he was, go on some sort of purported disability related welfare and try to forge a community and make the best of a bad situation, I really couldn't say he was wrong. Maybe that is the best we can do these days.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Break the chains » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:18 am

Very good topic (and fantastic movie, I watched it for the first time FINALLY the other week). It's difficult to confront that which is holding us all back from achieving our true potential.

My dream is to travel the world (esp SE Asia and South America) and be free just earning money from my laptop. But a) it's hard to drag myself away from my current life and b) it's hard to come up with a money-making idea. Or perhaps I'm making excuse.

The fact is almost all of us need a kick up the arse, but no-one in our lives will do it because they'd rather we settle join as a drone in a corporate prison, settling down with an abusive western wife, etc etc. At least that's how it is for me.
Trying to be a better man
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:59 am

Break the chains wrote:Very good topic (and fantastic movie, I watched it for the first time FINALLY the other week). It's difficult to confront that which is holding us all back from achieving our true potential.

My dream is to travel the world (esp SE Asia and South America) and be free just earning money from my laptop. But a) it's hard to drag myself away from my current life and b) it's hard to come up with a money-making idea. Or perhaps I'm making excuse.

The fact is almost all of us need a kick up the arse, but no-one in our lives will do it because they'd rather we settle join as a drone in a corporate prison, settling down with an abusive western wife, etc etc. At least that's how it is for me.

Yup.
Last edited by Jester on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 am

Ghost wrote:
Very applicable to a lot of HAers. I can't exclude myself. You've got to go for it, those dreams, including being happier abroad. All the excuses in the world will amount to a pile of shit. Now, before anyone says it, obviously I already know how stacked the deck is against a man breaking out of this prison of a society. How do I know? Because I suffer from it too. In the past and even now. But you have to do something, and that's what the essence of being happier abroad is: taking action. Success is never guaranteed, but by your inaction failure can be guaranteed. Having it easy isn't an option. So what would you rather do? Would you rather be DEAD?

From Fight Club:
...........Raymond Hessel closed both eyes so I pressed the gun hard against his temple so he would always feel it pressing right there and I was beside him and this was his life and he could be dead at any moment........................................

A vet, you said. You want to be a vet, a veterinarian.
That means animals. You have to go to school for that.
It means too much school, you said.
You could be in school working your a** off, Raymond Hessel, or you could be dead. You choose. .....................................

So, I said, go back to school. If you wake up tomorrow morning, you find a way to get back into school.............................

+10
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby lasttry » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 am

Ghost wrote:...But you have to do something, and that's what the essence of being happier abroad is: taking action. Success is never guaranteed, but by your inaction failure can be guaranteed. Having it easy isn't an option. So what would you rather do? Would you rather be DEAD?

I don't completely agree with this line of thought. Many men start out life with a high-paying corporate job (engineering/computers, in particular, I was in computers myself) where they can slowly but surely work their way to freedom by simply saving and investing. If they quit, they will NEVER get back on that high-paying career track. Yes, those jobs can be soul-sucking. I know. I was one of the walking dead for 11.5 years between age 23 and age 35. But at the end of that time, I was a free man. I wasn't yet rich by American standards, but I was rich by developing country standards (like $2000/mo after-tax and inflation in today's dollars from my stock investments). I later became truly rich by running a business, but there was luck involved there that can't be easily reproduced. Whereas getting a high-paying engineering/computer job and then scrimping and saving for 10 or more years is something a lot of young men can do.

You can NOT get off the corporate track and later get back on, not for the really good jobs at Fortune 500 companies like Exxon, etc. Guys who quit and go off traveling for a couple of years are marked forever as flakes.

It is NOT easy to get rich starting a business. You always hear about the successes, but you seldom hear about the vast number of failures who squandered their hard-earned savings trying to start a new business. The rulers of society encourage you to think there is an easy way out, because it keeps the masses hoping, and hope keeps them from rebelling. But it is a lie for the most part.

Financial success for one person is ALWAYS built on the firm foundation of other people's financial failure, at least over the course of a single lifetime, and most especially nowadays, since growth has slowed. In the long run, sure, the whole society can get richer. But in the course of single lifetime, the only way you can succeed is for others to fail, and vice-versa. It's a zero-sum game. If you have a good-paying corporate job, you are already a financial success by the standards of most of the world. Throwing this away is crazy. Visit globalrichlist.com to see where you really stand.

Now I am NOT suggesting you throw your whole life away. But you need to think like a prisoner who is condemned to life imprisonment, who is currently in a heavily guarded prison but who will be moved to a lightly guarded prison after 10 to 20 years. The sane thing is to wait patiently, because attempting to escape now has a very low chance of success, while failure means remaining in the heavily guarded prison forever. Whereas the chance of success in attempting to escape the lightly guarded prison is very high. Your ancestors suffered a lot more than you.

Avoiding women and children here in the United States is part of the fast-track path to freedom. If you really want a family, wait until you are free, then go to the developing countries and start one. There is so much overpopulation that you don't have to worry about the rest of the world catching up with the United States anytime soon. Millions upon millions of Indian untouchable girls will always be available for purchase. The risk and difficulty of getting rich from starting a business (where everyone is hoping for your failure, because remember, their success depends on your failure) is surely far greater than the risk and difficulty associated with finding a girl in a poor country to marry. Until you are free, jerk off or visit hookers now and then if you can't get free sex from a slut.

Obviously, not every man here has a high-paying corporate job. But some do, and for those, it is madness to throw that away just because they feel like they are in a soul-sucking prison.

Amidst all the bitterness on the MGTOW forum, I did read one interesting thought, which is that most of your ancestors NEVER got free sex. If you are a virgin, or only have sexual experience with hookers, you are no worse off than the vast majority of unmarried men in the old days. Did they feel sorry for themselves all day because of lack of sex? Not that I can tell, based on reading memoirs and history books. Stop comparing yourself to the elite. Learn to control your mind. That's the real kick in the ass most people need. LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR MIND.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions