Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Farewell from Tsar

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Farewell from Tsar

Postby Tsar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 am

Many of the users that I considered friends have reduced the amount they post. After many uncivil, disrespectful, provocative, and rude comments by some users (Eurobrat and especially "THE") directed my way and responding to their uncivil or disrespectful posts in a civil manner, it is pointless. With the lack of civility, increase of trolls, and the disrespect I have decided to take a long-term hiatus and say a temporary farewell to HappierAbroad. I will still check my PMs but my posts will end.

I posted a lot of topics and in the present I have nothing more to post. I learned much from many of the quality forum members over the two years and three months since I joined. It helped me to realize that I wasn't the problem, the problem was American girls and American society. Since the start of the year more disrespectful users, some trolls, and now a loss of some decent posters including a moderator has all influenced my decision to say a temporary farewell. I'll be back in the future, maybe several months or more than one year.

I have decided to concede and give Eurobrat what he requested, and that is to stop posting and leave HappierAbroad. It's also something THE has repeatedly wanted as well, which is evidenced by his personal vendetta highlighted by his cruel remarks and cheap shots. Directly after his one week ban expires, he joins in with Eurobrat with the recent negative post about me and a cheap shot. I'm done with their lack of civility.

There is no point trying to engage Eurobrat in a civil discussion when he consistently ignores me and indirectly indicates he wants me gone by all the negativity and disrespect. THE consistently acts uncivil and refuses to show any amount of civility towards me, his extreme disrespect, and actually called for me to be banned several times. So I'll give them what they want and leave.

I have always been one of the more civil and respectable members on this forum. I have decided to make the civil choice and leave. There is no point in sticking around when every other post I write is like a landmine, and all the more disrespectful members begin targeting me. I won't tolerate being the forum's punching bag. I'll ignore any negative posts but it doesn't mean I will not make an exception respond to any extremely disrespectful postings relating to me.

I wish everyone luck in becoming happier abroad if they already aren't.
Tsar
Experienced Poster

Re: Farewell

Postby Anatol » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:05 am

Hello,

I don't think you should leave. You seem like an ardent anti-feminist, which is the most important kind of man right now. Our numbers are already small and men like you are necessary if our gender is to have any hope against U.S.A.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Postby The » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:12 am

If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen....
The
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:06 am

I think you should leave until you go abroad, if you ever do. Everything that you can say - that you needed to say - has been said unless and until you go abroad. Anything more is pointless. Go focus on yourself, learn what you need to learn, and do what you need to do.

Back when humans lived in tribes, there was often a rite of passage that marked a boy's passing into manhood. It might have been killing a lion and returning to the tribe with the pelt. Whatever his trial was, it showed that he was strong, determined, clever. Qualities he needed to be a man - a leader.

Go kill your lion and return.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:21 am

Ghost wrote:I think you should leave until you go abroad, if you ever do. Everything that you can say - that you needed to say - has been said unless and until you go abroad. Anything more is pointless. Go focus on yourself, learn what you need to learn, and do what you need to do.

I think you are being a bit hard on him. After all, I spent many years abroad, and you know what I am doing back in the asylum. I may be innately unlucky or cursed like Winston, but the point is that with the best of intentions and effort, it doesn't always work.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:30 am

Cornfed wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think you should leave until you go abroad, if you ever do. Everything that you can say - that you needed to say - has been said unless and until you go abroad. Anything more is pointless. Go focus on yourself, learn what you need to learn, and do what you need to do.

I think you are being a bit hard on him. After all, I spent many years abroad, and you know what I am doing back in the asylum. I may be innately unlucky or cursed like Winston, but the point is that with the best of intentions and effort, it doesn't always work.

But you tried, at least. He didn't. If he tries and fails, then fair enough. But to know what he wants and perpetually fail to even try for it? That's inexcusable.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby starchild5 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 am

Sad to see you go....Good People suffer all over the world. You were one of the nicest members here and showed respect to everyone.

Its high time that Moderators seriously look into the behaviors of trolls and those who post extremely harsh message to other members.

I don't see any trolls leaving by their own, they have grown thick skin and are immune as they lack soul. Its the good guys who are sensitive as they have a soul. Its unfair to say...Grow thick skin and defend yourself, when its not in ones nature.

Its the 3rd straight member who were in general good behavior that are leaving the forum. Free speech goes along with respect which seems to be taken for granted here.

You got it right..Its not you...Its the toxic American culture that is the problem. Good Luck..
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:38 am

Tsar... God go with you.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:43 am

OP,
"The" was already banned for a week. If he has continued any uncivil behavior you should flag his post.

Eurobrat is a guy with good sense and would not criticize you without reason.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Farewell from Tsar

Postby xiongmao » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Good luck, and yes modern culture is very toxic to men.

I will definitely go and be happier abroad again at some point.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:15 am

Can't say I didn't see it coming. Do you have my email Tsar? I'll pm it to you. We should still meet up if you make it out to Florida next year.

I'm not going to announce that I'm leaving, but I post on here a lot less. There was no decision; it's just something I noticed happening. This forum really seems like it's collapsing, which is sad. How many good regular posters on here still believe in Happier Abroad? Ghost, Jester and xiongmao from this thread, who else? Duende doesn't post as much.

Was the VIP forum a last ditch effort?

I don't know how the traffic for this site is, but something more important is being lost. The soul of it.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:11 am

abcdavid01 wrote:Can't say I didn't see it coming. Do you have my email Tsar? I'll pm it to you. We should still meet up if you make it out to Florida next year.

I'm not going to announce that I'm leaving, but I post on here a lot less. There was no decision; it's just something I noticed happening. This forum really seems like it's collapsing, which is sad. How many good regular posters on here still believe in Happier Abroad? Ghost, Jester and xiongmao from this thread, who else? Duende doesn't post as much.

I don't know how the traffic for this site is, but something more important is being lost. The soul of it.

Not questioning your comments here, I sense the same.

But just to be clear -- you yourself do still believe in HappierAbroad, correct? Last I recall you were happy as a clam in China?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:03 am

Jester wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:Can't say I didn't see it coming. Do you have my email Tsar? I'll pm it to you. We should still meet up if you make it out to Florida next year.

Not questioning your comments here, I sense the same.

But just to be clear -- you yourself do still believe in HappierAbroad, correct? Last I recall you were happy as a clam in China?

Oh, I was in China for two months this summer. Lived with a family there and we got along great. Realized I've been living with culture shock my whole life in America. I actually fit in better over in China and people don't even think I'm a foreigner.

But I have to finish up college, so I'm back in the states. Next year I'm going to be working at Disney World Florida. Then one more semester of college so I can graduate. After that I'll head back to China, but I don't know the specifics. Hoping the Disney job can get me something on my resume for a career in travel or hotel industry.

Happier Abroad sure has been inspiring, even if there's a lot of crap around.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions