Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why I've decided to quit this forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby steve55 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:19 am

Or at least to give it my best shot.

I've come to realize that the majority of topics on this forum and in Winston's email distribution list are negative. Despite being true, they are still negative. Though, not all topics are , most are. Being constantly bombarded with negative thoughts on a daily basis is psychologically unhealthy. I think even Winston will have to admit this too. What's the point of constantly dwelling on this negative stuff ? The fact that it's true doesnt change the fact that it's still negative. More and more I've been asking myself that question. While I think it is good that this site exists so that men can learn these truths, it simply isn't healthy to read about on a daily basis. It's actually very depressing. I suppose that in a way, I am sort of advocating a ignorance is bliss way of thinking. Ignorance is bliss is one of the main reasons why we all love our childhoods so much too. As a child, you are protected from knowing the garbage of the world . Once you grow up and learn how selfish and evil the world really is, it's a total bummer! As kids , we used to be able to watch TV commercials and be entertained by them. But when we grow up and become wiser and knowledgeable about the world, we see the truths behind most of these TV commercials which is the fact that they are poisoning our mind and souls with materialism and consumerism and teaching us a "beat the Joneses" type lifestyle which is making most of us miserable as it reminds us of what we don't have, not to mention that a great many commercials are outright lies and cons in order to get your money. In this same way , I think it's better to keep these thoughts at a distance rather than incessantly dwell on them.

Last year I successfully got away from facebook and ended up being much happier without it. I hope to do the same here with happier abroad. Although facebook was useful in keeping up with friends and family, it also exposed me to everyone's dirty laundry on a daily basis such as drama queens, unsavory political views, people bombarding facebook with their spam , and pervasive showing off (aka: narcissism, in the form of "beating the jonses".) I think if I ever rejoin facebook, I'll make sure to put 90% of people's news feeds on ignore and I suppose that could have solved my facebook problem from the beginning by doing that.

I hope I will be successful at trying to steer away from here for the long term. No offense to Winston , as I said, I think this site and others like it are very valuable as a one time or short term read for the knowledge one can gain from it, but I really don't like being constantly reminded on a daily basis about the negatives of american women and american culture. It's kind of like a fat person being reminded every single day "hey, did you know that you are fat?" It would be a breath of fresh air to go several days of not being reminded about it. Just because something is negative and also true doesn't mean we have to dwell on it and think about it every single day of our lives. I think the healthiest approach is to learn it, know it, and move on.

L
Last edited by steve55 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:51 am, edited 6 times in total.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX







Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby steve55 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:25 am

Oh, and Paloatguy, if you're still lurking here, I'll sell ya my forum ID if you're interested. As they say, everything has its price :wink: If Ya decide to take me up on it, just be sure to resist the temptation to say " I hit it" about anything and everything that moves. :lol: That'll surely be a dead give away. As long as you do that, no one will be able to tell the difference. I promise! Lol
Last edited by steve55 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:27 am

ahhh your gonna leave us hanging on what happens to your fiance. :(
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby steve55 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:36 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:ahhh your gonna leave us hanging on what happens to your fiance. :(


Well, for a price, I'll keep those who wish to know informed. :lol: Winston will know since he and I still chat sometimes, assuming he won't be mad at me for quitting the his forum. He he he. If something drastic like that happens, I'll come back to do a one time post. :)

PS- Newlife, sometimes I get the feeling you and I are the only ones left :shock: Everytime I post here, you're the only one to respond to it until the next day. Lol
Last edited by steve55 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
* Member of the Happier Abroad Team and Owner of Global Dating Solution
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby OutWest » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 am

steve55 wrote:Oh, and Paloatguy, if you're still lurking here, I'll sell ya my forum ID if you're interested. As they say, everything has its price :wink: If Ya decide to take me up on it, just be sure to resist the temptation to say " I hit it" about anything and everything that moves. :lol: That'll surely be a dead give away. As long as you do that, no one will tell the difference. Lol


Your choice is understandable...as it is, this forum is very poorly managed. It could have been great source of positive information and resources. Instead, it is allowed to function as a freak show in the Name of "free speech".
OutWest
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Moretorque » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:47 am

When you have a 6th mass extinction picking up speed there is very little to be optimistic about, Leave it to Beaver is over with!
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby The » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:59 am

Another reason why I started the thread about how we dont take these forums seriously...
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:07 am

steve55 wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:ahhh your gonna leave us hanging on what happens to your fiance. :(


Well, for a price, I'll keep those who wish to know informed. :lol: Winston will know since he and I still chat sometimes, assuming he won't be mad at me for quitting the his forum. He he he. If something drastic like that happens, I'll come back to do a one time post. :)

PS- Newlife, sometimes I get the feeling you and I are the only ones left :shock: Everytime I post here, you're the only one to respond to it until the next day. Lol



If you and your fiance dont work out you can always slough her off onto me here so she doesnt have to exit the country. How much would I have to pay? Im looking for a wife LOL
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Paloaltoguy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:08 am

steve55 wrote:Oh, and Paloatguy, if you're still lurking here, I'll sell ya my forum ID if you're interested. As they say, everything has its price :wink: If Ya decide to take me up on it, just be sure to resist the temptation to say " I hit it" about anything and everything that moves. :lol: That'll surely be a dead give away. As long as you do that, no one will be able to tell the difference. I promise! Lol


Unfortunately this website doesn't have much to offer me anymore either. That's why I have been working on http://languagecircle.org/preview.html which is almost done now. :wink:
Guts Over Fear
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Anatol » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello,

It is very good you are leaving! The less members like you that are here, it is the best! You have such a bad word in your icon. It becomes very difficult to converse with a man like you because you don't even follow the basics of societal etiquette.
Anatol
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:12 am

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Anatol » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:47 pm

OutWest wrote:Your choice is understandable...as it is, this forum is very poorly managed. It could have been great source of positive information and resources. Instead, it is allowed to function as a freak show in the Name of "free speech".


You're very right ~ If men like you left then it wouldn't be a disgrace and would be much better. Just like if evil U.S.A. got wiped out by a meteor, the earth would be better off ~ hence I sincerely don't know why the world tolerates you freaks.
Anatol
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:12 am

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Good luck, Steve! Hope you and your lovely fiancée make it. Keep up updated, if possible through Winston. I'm curious to see how things play out, and wish for you the best. I agree that the forums have gone downhill and it's largely due to trolls like Anatol and PaloaAltoGuy being allowed to continue posting. The indecisive attitude of this forum's administration is what's going to be its ultimate downfall. At this rate we'll be dead as a dodo by early 2015.

Anatol wrote:
You're very right ~ If men like you left then it wouldn't be a disgrace and would be much better. Just like if evil U.S.A. got wiped out by a meteor, the earth would be better off ~ hence I sincerely don't know why the world tolerates you freaks.


What I am much more puzzled by is why Winston tolerates freaks like you, Anatol.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Anatol » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:13 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Good luck, Steve! Hope you and your lovely fiancée make it. Keep up updated, if possible through Winston. I'm curious to see how things play out, and wish for you the best. I agree that the forums have gone downhill and it's largely due to trolls like Anatol and PaloaAltoGuy being allowed to continue posting. The indecisive attitude of this forum's administration is what's going to be its ultimate downfall. At this rate we'll be dead as a dodo by early 2015.

Anatol wrote:
You're very right ~ If men like you left then it wouldn't be a disgrace and would be much better. Just like if evil U.S.A. got wiped out by a meteor, the earth would be better off ~ hence I sincerely don't know why the world tolerates you freaks.


What I am much more puzzled by is why Winston tolerates freaks like you, Anatol.


Hello,

I do not care about the opinions of American filth ~ you savages have managed to fool the entire earth and spread feminism world-wide ~ I am not Spain or the entire earth that will kowtow to you barbarians or be fooled and agree with you upon everything.
Anatol
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:12 am

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Dude. Why does everyone who wants to leave us need to post a Dear John letter to us? Lol. Why not just stop posting? It's like you need to create some drama before you leave. Lol

Most of those that leave eventually return once they realize that the political correctness on other forums is intolerable and an insult to truth and honesty and free speech.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Why I've decided to quit this forum

Postby MarcosZeitola » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Winston wrote:Dude. Why does everyone who wants to leave us need to post a Dear John letter to us? Lol. Why not just stop posting? It's like you need to create some drama before you leave.


I imagine leaving a forum is like breaking up with a lover: you kinda want some closure. ;)

Winston wrote:Most of those that leave eventually return once they realize that the political correctness on other forums is intolerable and an insult to truth and honesty and free speech.


Truth, honesty and free speech I have no problem with. Trolls, I do have a problem with. And, as evidenced by so many people leaving recently, I am not alone in this opinion.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests