AI Could Spell End of Human Race (PAG Is Right)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: AI Could Spell End of Human Race (PAG Is Right)

Post by droid »

cornfed wrote:Right, because proof only exists in mathematics.
Never said that; It's just that how can you really be sure i'm not some inert puppet created just for your diversion?
cornfed wrote:But I believe I know what consciousness is, or at least how to create it
If you could expound on that :shock: I'd read eagerly.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

droid wrote:
cornfed wrote:But I believe I know what consciousness is, or at least how to create it
If you could expound on that :shock: I'd read eagerly.
Consciousness can be created by fathering children. They, unlike robots, tend to possess it.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Cornfed wrote:
droid wrote:Come on guys stop confusing AI with consciousness. Several members have posted related stuff, it's atrocious.
It doesn't matter if an entity is conscious or not; it's a moot point because it can't be proven. For that matter, I can't prove that any of you is really 'conscious', nor can any of you prove that I am.
Right, because proof only exists in mathematics. But I believe I know what consciousness is, or at least how to create it, and it would be a very interesting concept to discuss in the religion and spirituality forum. If I am right, it wouldn't be that hard to duplicate on a computer.
Once they understand the computations, they will be able to do some very practical things, like decoding the Cerebellum, and using the algorithms to help robots walk and move.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

marcoszeitola wrote:Consciousness can be created by fathering children. They, unlike robots, tend to possess it.
How do you know? I get the vibe of what you're saying but that's probably emotional wishful thinking. You could be the only consciousness in the universe for all YOU know.
Of course we can infer that because of physics homogeneity and similarity between organisms it is likely that others are self-aware too, but there is no guarantee...

"They, unlike robots"
Again, we don't know that for sure...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this 10 minute intro promoting the benefits and logic of Transhumanism. It's very scary. I can't believe it's actually serious. It must be a joke. No one would agree to this. It also falsely assumes that the human soul doesn't exist and that Darwinian Macroevolution is a fact that explains the human species.

Here is a vocal Christian conspiracy theorist called "The Vigilant Christian" tearing apart the intro above.

And here is that same Christian guy exposing the movie "Transcendence" with Johnny Depp as a pro-Transhumanism movie promoting a Satanic agenda.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

GOOGLE: DONT FEAR THE ROBOTS

http://www.wired.com/2014/12/eric-schmidt-ai/
Eric Schmidt wants you to know that robots are your friend.

That makes sense, considering that as chairman and former CEO of Google, Schmidt has been heavily involved in the development of some of the the world’s most sophisticated artificially intelligent systems, from the self-driving car to Google’s predictive search engine. The company even recently launched its own internal robotics lab. But while Schmidt admits sitting shotgun in the self-driving car is not an “altogether happy” experience (read: it’s terrifying), he also believes that all the fear of machines stealing jobs and taking over the world is unwarranted.
The same thing former poster Paloaltoguy talks about....
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

The pseudoscientific vitalism is strong in this thread.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Thanks I didn't know the concept of vitalism actually had a name.
+1