Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Mr.Darcy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:51 am

How do I get stationed in Japan or something? Am I better off just applying to other companies overseas that fit my major?
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm







Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby The » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:24 am

Do you even know what you want to do?
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:31 am

i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Mr.Darcy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:42 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.


Well, I don't want to be stuck in Eastern America. It's the epitome of ****.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:47 am

Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:04 am

Mr.Darcy wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:i tought of doing the same thing bu t quickly changed my mind when i saw how hard it would be to get into officer training school plus deal with bootcamp and their really high fitness tests (which were hard for me even as a weight lifter) plus the fact of being in a ship, so i changed my mind real quick.


Well, I don't want to be stuck in Eastern America. It's the epitome of ****.



disagree. I didn't do it and i am hell of glad I didn't.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 am

Ghost wrote:Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.


yeah besides its not like these japanese girls are gonna be bending over for a military guy (thats a myth) if you can get a japanese girl in japan you might as well be in america and forget military.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Mr.Darcy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:56 am

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Ghost wrote:Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.


yeah besides its not like these japanese girls are gonna be bending over for a military guy (thats a myth) if you can get a japanese girl in japan you might as well be in america and forget military.


what did you do instead? I'm weary of you because of your username.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:28 am

Go with the other companies that fit your major. There's no way to ensure that you'll get posted where you want (they'll lie to get you signed-up, though). Also, the military as a whole tends to have the impression that you are their property (not really in a joking way, either). This applies in a medical way & that can mean various things.

One other thing about the U.S. military is that it probably would count against you if you ever had to defend yourself & it seems that you are actually put on some kind of potential terrorist list these days. Something to think about, especially considering that aspects of the situation don't seem to always be factors in the assessment of that situation. Nothing to say that things won't take a paranoid slide (well, more of one).
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:18 am

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby Mr.Darcy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:55 am

How do I get a job out of state? I've sent many internship applications to companies out west and I rarely even get a reply. Plus, my university isn't as prestigious as the ones in Cali such as USC and ****.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Re: Thinking about joining the Navy after college

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:21 am

Mr.Darcy wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Ghost wrote:Doing something is better than doing nothing. But this is a bad idea as far as bad ideas go.


yeah besides its not like these japanese girls are gonna be bending over for a military guy (thats a myth) if you can get a japanese girl in japan you might as well be in america and forget military.


what did you do instead? I'm weary of you because of your username.


Im here in america creating my own online income.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests