Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Fakeness: The TRUE reason why I couldn't fit in America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Fakeness: The TRUE reason why I couldn't fit in America

Postby Winston » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Breaking News!

I've finally found the ANSWER to something I've always wondered about from the early 1980's up til now. The real reason I could never fit into American culture no matter how much I tried, and still can't today, is this:

American culture is the KING when it comes to fakeness, bullshit, phoniness, illusion, and artificiality. In a fake culture, only fake people can express themselves and have fun. Only those who are "full of it" will thrive. In a fake culture, only fake people can fit in and adapt.

In contrast, those who are authentic, genuine, down-to-earth, deep and sensitive (like me) are on a different wavelength. Truly authentic people will feel SUPPRESSED around fake people in fake cultures, because their personality and persona cannot be expressed freely and openly. They cannot have fun or vibe with fake people, and thus cannot thrive. As a result, they become reclusive and more introverted. Not by choice, but by intimidation and invalidation. This is what happened to me.

I've discovered that this is the TRUE reason why I and others like me have never been able to fit into America and could never figure out why. It could be that those with aspergers may be in a similar situation. But America will not tell you that because a fake culture will never admit that it's fake.

However, if you can't be yourself in a fake culture around fake people, then how are you at fault? You are not the one that's fake and phoney, the culture and the people in it are.

It's not due to a lack of "social skills" as American culture would say. When Americans say that you lack "social skills" what they really mean is that you need to learn how to act more fake in order to fit into a fake culture, like America. It's ridiculous. If you do comply with it, you end up only becoming faker and more phoney. Ever notice that? It's also a shaming tactic, for if you don't act fake then there's something wrong with you. It's very upside down, like the Twilight Zone.

So the question then becomes: How is someone who is extremely authentic like me, supposed to fit into an environment which is extremely FAKE? There's no logical answer or solution. You cannot be something you're not, after all. The only real answer is to get out of such a fake culture and go to a more authentic one abroad.

But America cannot answer such a question because it does not acknowledge that it is a fake culture full of bullshit. Instead, America spreads all kinds of "fake" hype, illusion, propaganda and bullshit about itself, none of which is authentic, since it is not an authentic culture.

The truth is, America is the king of bullshit, fakeness, phoniness, illusion, and self-delusion. No other culture even comes to close to matching America in those areas. No other country in the world has as many people who are "full of it" to the extreme degree that America does.

Thus, as an authentic deep person, I cannot technically be at fault for not fitting into America.

Also, if the problem is me, then how come I can express myself a lot more openly and freely in authentic foreign cultures such as in Russia, Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia? And I mean A LOT more. And how come I could be myself in those cultures and have fun and be a lot more extroverted too?

The reason is because when you are in a culture that better fits your personality, you will be able to express yourself more freely, be yourself, be more extroverted and have more fun.

All this speaks volumes, and again, America and its mainstream people have no answer, because they are in denial of the truth about America. A fake culture is not going to admit that it's fake after all. Only a truly authentic person will see it.

The travesty in all this is that those who are truly authentic, deep and genuine will suffer in America, and be invalidated, suppressed and condemned for not fitting into a fake culture. They need to know the truth. So please send them this article.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Fakeness: The TRUE reason why I couldn't fit in America

Postby OTB » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 pm

I am so with you on this Winston. I've always felt this way.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Postby newjazz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Very true!.......
newjazz
Freshman Poster

Postby Banano » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Self-help industry(includes PUA) in america is bigger than economies of some countries
Last edited by Banano on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

facebook has made philippines just as shallow and fake.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby The » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:12 am

True in the truest sense of the word...
The
Junior Poster

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:26 am

Thanks guys. Glad you appreciate my insight. I just revised the article by fixing mistakes and adding new paragraphs along with a conclusion. Please see the updated version above.

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:03 am

The Parable of the Poisoned Well:

“There was once a wise king who ruled over a vast city. He was feared for his might and loved for his wisdom. Now in the heart of the city, there was a well whose waters were pure and crystalline from which the king and all the inhabitants drank. When all were asleep, an enemy entered the city and poured seven drops of a strange liquid into the well. And he said that henceforth all who drink this water shall become mad.

All the people drank of the water, but not the king. And the people began to say, "The king is mad and has lost his reason. Look how strangely he behaves. We cannot be ruled by a madman, so he must be dethroned."

The king grew very fearful, for his subjects were preparing to rise against him. So one evening, he ordered a golden goblet to be filled from the well, and he drank deeply. The next day, there was great rejoicing among the people, for their beloved king had finally regained his reason."

"A time will come when the whole world will go mad. And to anyone who is not mad they will say: 'You are mad, for you are not like us.'" - St. Anthony the Great (attributed to)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:11 am

One of the greatest quotes of all time. It explains why we suffer in America.

"The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. The result is that the average individual does not experience the separateness and isolation the fully schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among those who suffer from the same deformation; in fact, it is the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society - and he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic." - Eric Fromm, Swiss Psychologist (The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness)

Winston
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions