You know what the beauty part about not caring is?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

You know what the beauty part about not caring is?

Post by manly5000 »

You just don't care. You do what you want, you live how you want, and everything works itself out one way or another.

Discuss.
Out in the world living the dream!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: You know what the beauty part about not caring is?

Post by Jester »

I think not caring about ANYTHING might attract girls on vacation, or who were looking for a lay.

Not caring about WOMEN, but caring passionately about a sport or a mission of some kind (leatning Portugese and becoming Brazilian... ... or saving the whales with Sea Shepherd... or running a great restaurant...) be very attractive to MANY women

But whether its attractive to women or not, the fact of not caring about them has got to be great for a mans soul.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Haha I thought this would get some interesting replies... ;)

To elaborate -- back in the day when I was in school I had big self-esteem issues and was paranoid that if I did my own thing and didn't act a certain way, people would give me nothing but grief.

However, long ago I discovered that by doing your own thing, the way you want to do it, and not caring what anybody thinks, people like and respect you a whole lot more. And you even manage to help out a few others along the way

8)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

manly5000 wrote:Haha I thought this would get some interesting replies... ;)

To elaborate -- back in the day when I was in school I had big self-esteem issues and was paranoid that if I did my own thing and didn't act a certain way, people would give me nothing but grief.

However, long ago I discovered that by doing your own thing, the way you want to do it, and not caring what anybody thinks, people like and respect you a whole lot more. And you even manage to help out a few others along the way

8)
I think the key here is to not be a *crowd pleaser*. I believe that that strategy ended with the 80s, without ppl realizing it.

What happens to crowd pleaser types is that they're grossly manipulated by their bosses to their own detriment, as well as in dating and relationships.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

S_Parc wrote:I think the key here is to not be a *crowd pleaser*. I believe that that strategy ended with the 80s, without ppl realizing it.

What happens to crowd pleaser types is that they're grossly manipulated by their bosses to their own detriment, as well as in dating and relationships.
Isso!

Obrigado for your input.