Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Global Corporate-State

Post by Moretorque »

The book Seeds of Destruction by Engdahl claims GMO's were designed to thin the herd world wide and it appears he may be right with the Trans Pacific Partnership.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Highbrow stuff you read, Ghost. I particularly liked Nathaniel's comment, which offered a ray of hope:

The parasite is already out of control. You’ve described its host wrong though. Its host is the legal system.

Once it destroys the legal system, the parasite of corporate “cancer” will die very quickly. It will be killed off by warlords following an older set of social organization principles.

I don’t look forward to this, but I’m kind of thinking the way to prepare is to have a local community which is valuable and coherent enough to be respected and absorbed intact by any smart warlord.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

It makes sense that the global elite won't let go of their power easily.

There would be no solution for this short of a complete revolution. And even after that I believe the issue would re-establish itself, possibly with a different bunch of people.

I take an interest in all of this but I do not pretend that I can change anything outside my own life, certainly not in my current state anyway.
Trying to be a better man
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Economics guides ethics. As long as it is possible and there is not too much social pressure against it, someone will try to do it. But it may not always be possible. We have already reached the peak of conventional oil production. So we are witnessing a dying empire running on fumes. What replaces it might not be that much better.

Those who are not overly acquisitive and content with their lot in life will not try to run for office, they will not try to become corporate CEOs, they will try to eke out an existence in the least objectionable way possible, living in a $200 apartment in Cambodia and working online for $5 an hour doing some non-objectionable, non-horrific form of work...

Return to “General Discussions”