Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Postby zacb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Talking about eating well and reading about cob homes has got me thinking. People tend to demonize capitalism for destruction of the environment, but it seems like it is state capitalism, and not free markets, that destroy the environment and trash our bodies. Despite being resistant to most run of the mill earthquakes, keeps the inner shell of the home warm or cooler than the prevailing weather by 10 degrees, being relatively inexpensive to build, allow creative expression, and are built to last 100s of years, cob homes are banned for not being up to "code" despite standing hundreds of years, an despite having a problem with affordable housing. Add to this the subsidies that the US government pays farmers to keep an artificial floor on crops, and it starts to make you wonder if there is a war on affordability. And let's not even get into cheap medicine.

Even though I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with , there are still many things pulling me abroad. For one, the economic stupidity here in the states, cost arbitrage, saner governments, beautiful landscapes, freer markets, more opportunies, and I guess I can add better quality of life to the list, among other things.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: How Real Capitalism and Living Well Go Hand and Hand.

Postby Ghost » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 pm

There are no free markets anywhere in the world, but some countries are freer than others.

In a free (market) society, nothing would be banned (substances, materials), as it would be the choice of the individual.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Exactly what capitalism are we talking about ?
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:41 am

zacb wrote:....I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with....

Congratulations, Zac!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zacb » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:59 am

Jester wrote:
zacb wrote:....I have found a decent girl here from the states to travel with....

Congratulations, Zac!

Thanks. It took a bit, but we are eventually going to move to Colombia or Chile and get married there. A least they don't license you down there. The more I research, the less I am worded Bachet will ruin it all. That was my main concern. Actually they have had leftists for 25 years and it is all good so far. I think you should look into Chile as a domicile, and Paraguay as second passport.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions