Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Propinquity is critical

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Propinquity is critical

Postby Jeremy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:23 pm

From Wikipedia: "The propinquity effect is the tendency for people to form friendships or romantic relationships with those whom they encounter often, forming a bond between subject and friend."

Last night I got a call from 7 giggling girls begging me to join them at a nightclub. Yet during my college years, I didn't get one single invite. What's changed since then? I certainly didn't get better looking with age.

Answer: I fell into a job that has me working alongside young women who are essentially forced to interact with me everyday. Over time, they begin to see me as a "safe" dude and, eventually, someone they feel a kinship with. I now regularly have 20 year old HB8's confiding in me. The kind of girls who wouldn't spit in my direction when I was 20.

The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Re: Propinquity is critical

Postby Ghost » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Jeremy wrote:From Wikipedia: "The propinquity effect is the tendency for people to form friendships or romantic relationships with those whom they encounter often, forming a bond between subject and friend."

Last night I got a call from 7 giggling girls begging me to join them at a nightclub. Yet during my college years, I didn't get one single invite. What's changed since then? I certainly didn't get better looking with age.

Answer: I fell into a job that has me working alongside young women who are essentially forced to interact with me everyday. Over time, they begin to see me as a "safe" dude and, eventually, someone they feel a kinship with. I now regularly have 20 year old HB8's confiding in me. The kind of girls who wouldn't spit in my direction when I was 20.

The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.

Good point. There tend to be three general options:

A. Good career, but little to no social outlet; likely to be working more with men, so relatively safe

B. Shit job, but with a social outlet; also dangerous because there will be many females who can make a false accusation inside or outside of work

C. Unemployed but safe from workplace twats
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Signet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:36 am

Get a job in marketing. FILLED with women at every place I've been, and some of those places paid extremely well.

Some of them will be, of course, older women. But there are quite a few young ones as well. Perhaps not as much as if you were a barista, but probably enough to cushion the pay gap.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Postby Cornfed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:08 am

Signet wrote:Get a job in marketing. FILLED with women at every place I've been, and some of those places paid extremely well.

Except that you can't generally get a job in Marketing because it is ... filled with women. And anyway, you would just be friendzoned if you are not a bigshot, which is degrading and sucks.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Signet » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:18 am

Unless you look like Brian Posehn (that is, not merely unattractive, but scruffy on top of it), or you act like a timid p***y who got lost and simply ended up there by accident, the chances of being friendzoned instantly by every single person are not as high as you make them out to be.

And the OP makes no mention of 'friendzone' either way. If you're going to get auto-zoned in Marketing, you were going to get the same treatment in the cheap, menial job too, and Marketing still pays better.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:35 am

Jeremy wrote:The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.

I hear you. I studied engineering and it was nothing but a sausage-fest with a few obviously enthroned c*nts. Eng. pay is good but it's freaking social suicide.
I had to go back to my uni last year to visit a professor, and the building had been converted into the nursing department. Man what a difference, a bunch of girls and they actually momentarily stared at the one dude that entered.
What a f*kn dilemma. I'm entering the uni in china for leisure-study and freaking do different this time.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:38 am

droid wrote:
Jeremy wrote:The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.

I hear you. I studied engineering and it was nothing but a sausage-fest with a few obviously enthroned c*nts. Eng. pay is good but it's freaking social suicide.
I had to go back to my uni last year to visit a professor, and the building had been converted into the nursing department. Man what a difference, a bunch of girls and they actually momentarily stared at the one dude that entered.
What a f*kn dilemma. I'm entering the uni in china for leisure-study and freaking do different this time.

I should have went to bible college. At least i could have found a wife there. and I could be a preacher in India :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions