Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby Billy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Some guys adapt to the environment so that they lower their expectations others are making the effort. It´s all about effort and self improvement. You can call it developing skills. Either you have the will, energy and oppurtunity to do it or not.

Some guys don´t have the will at all and are "happy" with landwhales. It´s natural equlibrium or whatever you want to call it.

For many "game" will not work. Probably not for most guys at HA. But for others, yes though in the right circumstances.
Billy
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm







Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby lasttry » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Devil Dog wrote:One example: About 90% of you do not know how to dress. I mean not a clue. You don't know what clothes to wear. You don't know what is stylish (I'm not talking about fashionable, I mean classic style). You don't like to "dress up" mostly because you lack understanding of how to do it right. You absolutely would not f***ing believe the difference in the way you will be treated when you dress well instead of dressing like an average dipshit.

I will tell you how to change that aspect of your life with a budget of about $600, but none of you will do it. 1. Use about $50 to buy a copy of a book called "Dressing the Man" by Alan Flusser. 2. Read it. Understand it. 3. Use the other $550 to buy good quality, properly fitting used clothing on ebay and in thrift stores. Buy mid-range brands like Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, etc. If you have the money, buy new stuff, but there are a lot of clothing enthusiasts who instead of buying new Brooks Brothers use the same money to buy used Oxxford or Kiton.
The HA approach is "Oh, but none of that is me. I gotta be me." OK, if that is your attitude, then keep on being you. How has that worked out so far?

And by the way, that guy walking down the street with the girl on his arm, he used to be like you but then he worked on it.


I used to dress stylishly when I lived in San Francisco. Lived in a fabulous pad on the top of Nob Hill looking out over the whole city. Always had a girlfriend and easy to find a new one from salsa/tango dancing if things went bad with the old one. (I didn't call it dance "game" then nor now.) Wasn't happy however, because the whole thing was a facade and was attracting the wrong type of woman, including lots of so-called 9's that everyone supposedly wants. I say so-called because there is very little difference between a 9 and a 6 once you remove the war paint and fancy clothing. Healthy young women mostly look attractive, period.

Dressing to impress attracts other people who dress to impress, the wrong type of people. Attracts a lot of homosexuals too, and there are plenty of those in San Francisco BTW. In fact, maybe why that RooshV forum repels me so much is that it reminds me of San Francisco homosexual culture and the obsession with appearance and impressing other people. (Obsessing with good health is another story, I have no problems with that. Because I obsess about my health, I have a lean athletic body as a side-effect.)

Now I dress and act like my natural self, which means dressing down. How's it working out? It's working great in the sense that I'm very happy now, much happer than when I was living that fake playboy lifestyle in San Francisco. Dressing down tends to repel a certain type of women who I want to repel. Namely, women who are more impressed by the clothes than the man inside the clothes. You guys in the RooshV forum can take those women.
lasttry
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:22 am

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby droid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:02 pm

Devil Dog wrote:One example: About 90% of you do not know how to dress. I mean not a clue. You don't know what clothes to wear. You don't know what is stylish (I'm not talking about fashionable, I mean classic style). You don't like to "dress up" mostly because you lack understanding of how to do it right. You absolutely would not f***ing believe the difference in the way you will be treated when you dress well instead of dressing like an average dipshit.

I will tell you how to change that aspect of your life with a budget of about $600, but none of you will do it. 1. Use about $50 to buy a copy of a book called "Dressing the Man" by Alan Flusser. 2. Read it. Understand it. 3. Use the other $550 to buy good quality, properly fitting used clothing on ebay and in thrift stores. Buy mid-range brands like Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, etc. If you have the money, buy new stuff, but there are a lot of clothing enthusiasts who instead of buying new Brooks Brothers use the same money to buy used Oxxford or Kiton.
The HA approach is "Oh, but none of that is me. I gotta be me." OK, if that is your attitude, then keep on being you. How has that worked out so far?

And by the way, that guy walking down the street with the girl on his arm, he used to be like you but then he worked on it.


I can agree with that to some extent, but you sound kind of old fashioned too. Nowadays you see sweaty tat'd up dirtbags on wife-beaters strut their hotties around, but mostly because they have the height/jaw and fit the preselected dirtbag type. Likewise, younger scrawny dudes in oversized hiphop attire (sideways baseball cap and all) are getting plenty of attention and blowjobs in bars' toilets.
Those that don't seem to consistently score, from my observations, are full blown hipsters. With the beard, tartan shirt, wool cap, tight jeans, and white-soled shoes. It looks like they're trying too hard.

Note that I'm currently in southamerica and the above observations apply to a certain degree as well.

I do concur in dressing nicely but you might actually look dorky/outdated by trying too hard with expensive or 'classic' stuff; i've seen such (actually PUA) clowns.
My motto is about being clean, wrinkle-free, and especially have the garments fit you well, regardless of the style, whether it's jeans and t-shirt or a suit.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby gibraltar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:36 pm

lasttry wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:One example: About 90% of you do not know how to dress. I mean not a clue. You don't know what clothes to wear. You don't know what is stylish (I'm not talking about fashionable, I mean classic style). You don't like to "dress up" mostly because you lack understanding of how to do it right. You absolutely would not f***ing believe the difference in the way you will be treated when you dress well instead of dressing like an average dipshit.

I will tell you how to change that aspect of your life with a budget of about $600, but none of you will do it. 1. Use about $50 to buy a copy of a book called "Dressing the Man" by Alan Flusser. 2. Read it. Understand it. 3. Use the other $550 to buy good quality, properly fitting used clothing on ebay and in thrift stores. Buy mid-range brands like Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, etc. If you have the money, buy new stuff, but there are a lot of clothing enthusiasts who instead of buying new Brooks Brothers use the same money to buy used Oxxford or Kiton.
The HA approach is "Oh, but none of that is me. I gotta be me." OK, if that is your attitude, then keep on being you. How has that worked out so far?

And by the way, that guy walking down the street with the girl on his arm, he used to be like you but then he worked on it.


I used to dress stylishly when I lived in San Francisco. Lived in a fabulous pad on the top of Nob Hill looking out over the whole city. Always had a girlfriend and easy to find a new one from salsa/tango dancing if things went bad with the old one. (I didn't call it dance "game" then nor now.) Wasn't happy however, because the whole thing was a facade and was attracting the wrong type of woman, including lots of so-called 9's that everyone supposedly wants. I say so-called because there is very little difference between a 9 and a 6 once you remove the war paint and fancy clothing. Healthy young women mostly look attractive, period.

Dressing to impress attracts other people who dress to impress, the wrong type of people. Attracts a lot of homosexuals too, and there are plenty of those in San Francisco BTW. In fact, maybe why that RooshV forum repels me so much is that it reminds me of San Francisco homosexual culture and the obsession with appearance and impressing other people. (Obsessing with good health is another story, I have no problems with that. Because I obsess about my health, I have a lean athletic body as a side-effect.)

Now I dress and act like my natural self, which means dressing down. How's it working out? It's working great in the sense that I'm very happy now, much happer than when I was living that fake playboy lifestyle in San Francisco. Dressing down tends to repel a certain type of women who I want to repel. Namely, women who are more impressed by the clothes than the man inside the clothes. You guys in the RooshV forum can take those women.


Well said here. We've seen record expats the last 3 years so I think HA is catching on quick.

Dressing down is normal in most sane countries. Why would men have to spend so much money on clothing? Just 15 years ago, women were obsessed over fashion and clothing.

Now, men are becoming fashion aware in a desperate attempt to attract American women. It's completely stupid and silly. A woman will sleep with a dirty convict if he turns her on enough.

All the corporations are full of women trying to pitch designer clothes on desperate, lonely guys. They are laughing to the bank. It's really sad.
Escape America Before It's too late! Check out my new website -> http://www.expatkings.com

My books on Amazon: Rio de Janeiro for Beginners | Best Countries for Black Men
gibraltar
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby Jester » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:15 am

I agree with both DevilDog AND LastTry.

Dressing up (appropriately for the context) DOES turn female heads.

But dressing down DOES weed out the high-maintenance types.

Choose your bait based on what kind of fish you're after.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:21 am

Jester wrote:I agree with both DevilDog AND LastTry.

Dressing up (appropriately for the context) DOES turn female heads.

But dressing down DOES weed out the high-maintenance types.

Choose your bait based on what kind of fish you're after.


id rather have high maintenance then low maintenance and misery :D
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby starchild5 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:14 am

lasttry wrote:Why didn't you say RooshV is OVER moderated instead of HEAVILY moderated? Anyone who disagrees with the party line there gets banned. It's pathetic. Worse than the worst teenage girls...

Your definition of game is not the standard one. Game comes from the "mind games" pimps play on their whores. Your value is based on what you really are: your objective looks, your objective physical fitness, your objective intelligence, your objective wealth, your objective social status, etc. I repeated the word objective over and over to emphasize that we are talking about reality, rather than perception. Obviously, for something like social status, reality depends on perception, so determining objective value is difficult.

Woman are very irrational in how they evaluate a man's value. The idea of "game" is to exploit this irrationality so as to make yourself appear to have higher value in the eyes of the woman than what you really have. The reason game is suck a crock is that the women eventually see through the deception. Game works best with stupid and inexperienced women. Women who've been around the block a few times and have some natural intelligence tend to see right through game.

If your objective value is high, then there is no need for game. There are some threads on RooshV where a guy put a handsome elite-class frat-boy photo on tinder. Lo and behold, no matter what he did, the babes responded. When your natural self is highly desireable, you don't have to pretend to be something you're not. Honesty is by far the best policy for the 1% types. It the guys whose real self is not too desirable who have to pretend to be something they are not. That's what game boils down to: making yourself appear to be better than you are.

Game, by my definition, exists and has always existed and will continue to exist as long as there are stupid women who can be easily bamboozled. However, game will never be more than marginally effective. You'll be able to get short-term relationships with women who wouldn't be attracted to you without game, but they'll eventually see through your game and that's the end of things. If you don't care about long-term relationships, fine. It's typically guys who don't know beans about sex who don't care about long-term relationships, since really good sex takes time to develop. In the long run, like all compulsive liars, men who practice game develop a truly despicable personality. Aspiring to be great at game is like aspiring to be a great con man.

The alternative to game is to: (a) improve those aspects of yourself that can be improved, so that you reach your genetic potential of desirability; (b) learn to accept those aspects of yourself that cannot be improved. (Similar to the AA serenity prayer: "change the things I can change, accept the things I cannot change".) Then be honest about who you are. This approach will tend to repel the skanks and attract the better women.


Wow...Very well said....Its clear that western civilization was not designed for men or women happiness. They do not have a structure where things would flow naturally between a man and a women.

Common, who would fight the illegal wars, the drug trade, evil corporation, if American men had someone loving them back home.
Its the UNLOVED who commit crime. They always point out to third world countries, but they are living much meaningful, happier lifes that people in first world and its not just stats...people from first world are beginning to see it, when they travel as how happier other countries are compared to America.

I believe all these PUAs, Roosh is the result of a rotten western society. Its up side down...Men learn the wrong things first, suffer before getting the right things in their life's.

-----------------------

Human Beings DNA shows up in the end...You cannot live on DOLLAR alone...High Rise Condo, Big flashy cars, Big Nice Road is NOT the end game for humanity.

As I have been writing for like ever. Human Beings are way more deeper than what main stream give credit for. You cannot fool a man for ever with Toys....We need meaning in our life's ....We are much more than Flashy Life Style that west can give...
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: RooshV Forum is turning into Happier Abroad

Postby Signet » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:51 am

droid wrote:
I do concur in dressing nicely but you might actually look dorky/outdated by trying too hard with expensive or 'classic' stuff; i've seen such (actually PUA) clowns.
My motto is about being clean, wrinkle-free, and especially have the garments fit you well, regardless of the style, whether it's jeans and t-shirt or a suit.


I mean, there's a common sense bottom, of course (wearing a tuxedo to McDonald's), but the only way you're going to look dorky going for a more classic look is if the clothes fit poorly/don't match/are terrible for your particular skin tone (unless you're buying sight unseen, none of this should be a problem, and tailors usually aren't that pricey if you need a fit adjusted). If you look like a child lost in his father's clothes, then yeah, not going to help.

I even see rail thin guys (probably the worst body type for dressing this way) looking good with the right colors/patterns when they get clothes that fit. For some reason, this is a lost art to many.

Now, men are becoming fashion aware in a desperate attempt to attract American women. It's completely stupid and silly. A woman will sleep with a dirty convict if he turns her on enough.

All the corporations are full of women trying to pitch designer clothes on desperate, lonely guys. They are laughing to the bank. It's really sad.


European and a lot of Asian men have been dressing better than Americans for a LONG time. I don't know why the suggestion to dress better draws such ire, lol.

It makes sense not to throw down for a $3000 Canali suit on a janitor's budget, but it might behoove some people to upgrade from 'whatever was close at hand when I decided to go out' status.
User avatar
Signet
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:25 am

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eric, Kradmelder and 1 guest