Respectable vs. Nice

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Respectable vs. Nice

Post by Tsar »

Respectable vs. Nice

I'm looking for your thoughts on the topic. Obviously in America you can't be either. But as other forum members have said in other recent threads, you can't be a nice guy anywhere because a nice guy is a pushover. A nice guy in America is very much likely to be a White Knight mangina.

A respectable guy is someone that is respectable (not a ghetto, not much of a slang-speaker, not someone cursing a lot, not covered in tattoos or at least not a lot, etc).

I'm curious about how HappierAbroad members would define the the difference between the two, or list the differences. Also when thinking about that, think of a Venn Diagram. Do they have any overlapping similarities?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

starchild5
Veteran Poster

Re: Respectable vs. Nice

Post by starchild5 »

Tsar wrote:Respectable vs. Nice

I'm looking for your thoughts on the topic. Obviously in America you can't be either. But as other forum members have said in other recent threads, you can't be a nice guy anywhere because a nice guy is a pushover. A nice guy in America is very much likely to be a White Knight mangina.

A respectable guy is someone that is respectable (not a ghetto, not much of a slang-speaker, not someone cursing a lot, not covered in tattoos or at least not a lot, etc).

I'm curious about how HappierAbroad members would define the the difference between the two, or list the differences. Also when thinking about that, think of a Venn Diagram. Do they have any overlapping similarities?
If you want to know the meaning of RESPECT...You have to be in Philippines...Its the only place where you truly understand the meaning of respect.

American Respect and being nice is as fake as Obama's economic recovery.

There is nothing in a way for you to compare anything in America that is good and nice and respectful to a human being.

Yeah..In America...You need to be a ghetto, gangster, millionaire, celebrity to be respected...You can't just be a human being and feel respected in America.

Being Nice is a sign of weakness in a psychotic place called America...You have to be fake there....

You won't even think in those lines if you are outside America.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Respectable, nice, and a pushover are all different things. A pushover means weak. Nice means treating other people well. These things are independent. John Wayne was nice but not a pushover. Respectable means has respect. This makes this concept relative to the culture. What is respectable in one culture may not be respectable in another culture.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

starchild5 wrote:
Tsar wrote:Respectable vs. Nice

If you want to know the meaning of RESPECT...You have to be in Philippines...Its the only place where you truly understand the meaning of respect.

American Respect and being nice is as fake as Obama's economic recovery.

There is nothing in a way for you to compare anything in America that is good and nice and respectful to a human being.

Yeah..In America...You need to be a ghetto, gangster, millionaire, celebrity to be respected...You can't just be a human being and feel respected in America.

Being Nice is a sign of weakness in a psychotic place called America...You have to be fake there....

You won't even think in those lines if you are outside America.
LOL go to hong kong and see who takes advantage of innocent western tourists; Indians that is who! Like a rotten cancer in Hong Kong. Yet for some reason they are not tossed out.

go to manila and see if a taxi driver doesn't try to give the nice honest guy the shaft by ripping him off on the fare. You have to demand to be treated fairly in the Philippines.

Probably it is different for you Starchild5 because you are an Indian and people in the Philippines know that Indians are incredibly cheap people so no point trying to rip you off. It is easier for the Pinoys to just get you gone as quickly as possible.