White guy hates how he is treated in Japan

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: White guy hates how he is treated in Japan

Post by chanta76 »

And yet there is charisma man of Japan. There was a cartoon strip of geeky white guy in the states but when he went to Japan he became Charisma man and got loads of Japanese girls. I think to some extent it still happens where white guys or to some extent black guys dating or sex life improves tremendously in Asia. That's probably the BIGGEST reason why they go there. I mean look at this site or even Roosh sties...there are a sub-culture of western guys that go to Asia ONLY for the WOMEN. Nothing more...and yet they complain about discrimination...what they are really complaining about is that they don't have access to everything in Asia.

As an Asian man growing up in USA I experience racism in my daily life..so it's kind of like sweet justice that white guys might experience some racism in Asia. the Only difference is that there is no racism in the dating world for white guys that Asian guys experience. Call me unsympathetic but I don't recalling white guys being sympathetic to Asian guys here in the states .

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Don't worry about it, Japanese people have "issues".

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

chanta76 wrote:The Only difference is that there is no racism in the dating world for white guys that Asian guys experience. Call me unsympathetic but I don't recalling white guys being sympathetic to Asian guys here in the states .
Well, you can count me as the solo caucasian who understands this situation. Remember those suicides I was talking about growing up, I was always asking ppl why they were disproportionately Asian-American men? No one wanted to discuss the issue. Those deaths were swept under the rug and that was disturbing. One of them was a friend of a friend. I didn't know him well but according to my associates, it was a cross of the Tiger Mom syndrome and being dumped by the only gal who he cared for, which did him in. He didn't have the experience and strong enough core to get through those times.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I think, you see Japan as it was about 30 to 40 years ago. Many of these people of the past-WWII generation are now either very old or dead.

About discrimination within Japan, most people will agree, it happens more likely between Japanese and other Asians, like Chinese, Filipinos...
The question remains however how many of them are illegal immigrants and about their crime rate. There are similar problems known in USA and Europe.
ladislav wrote: ..... black people ( usually men) are still stereotyped in some circles as being violent, swaggering, confrontational loud mouthed, and not very bright.
There are VERY few black people in Japan.

You cannot blame the Japanese or other Asians for their mistrust, they read international news, they also see TV-reports a lot, also about USA and Ferguson and its riots and similar stories. Same in UK or in France. You will find a similar stereotyping of black and Latino people, of Muslims etc. within USA/UK/France etc. as well and not only in Japan. There are terrible stories in the international press about impoverished African countries, which are nothing but a war-zone too etc. etc.

My 2 daughters are 50/50 Japanese/European, both were using public Japanese school when still young, they never had any complaints about Japanese behavior against them, they always had many friends.
Most Japanese do not like to go abroad.
This was very long time ago, and travel to abroad was very expensive, nowadays airplanes are full with Japanese travelling abroad - however there are many US-citizens, who have never been out of their own federal state and never applied for a passport.
In Japan, at least in the 1990s, 98 percent of landlords would not rent to non Japanese no matter if they spoke Japanese or not.
This was over 25 years ago, the typical past WWII small landowner renting out a few rooms - nowadays there are plenty of large condominium buildings offering rooms of any size which do not belong to an old Japanese individual landowner but to companies/shareholders. Many Japanese remain single, there are rooms available, in the large cities there is no problem to rent out rooms to any foreigner.
In a lot of these Asian countries, it's hard to know what is going on until you learn the language- which some people there do not like. The filtered information you get in English and from people who work with foreigners in English and people who span both cultures- such as exchange students or emigrants- gives you only some 10% of the picture of the reality there.
You can say the same about USA and Fox-news, CNN etc. - it's a very biased reporting. I personally never noticed that Japanese, Thai or Malay or any other Asian people do not like it when a foreigner can speak their native language during my 35 years in Asia, more the opposite as many of them are thankful if they meet foreigners who are bi-lingual people.
Most Asian racism becomes less intense if you have more money and high position in society- and speak only English with a small internationally minded stratum of population there.

This is everywhere, worldwide - money talks - it has nothing to do with Asian racism or with speaking only English.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote: As an Asian man growing up in USA I experience racism in my daily life..so it's kind of like sweet justice that white guys might experience some racism in Asia. the Only difference is that there is no racism in the dating world for white guys that Asian guys experience. Call me unsympathetic but I don't recalling white guys being sympathetic to Asian guys here in the states .
My younger daughter, 50/50 Japanese/European and her husband Asian American (USA/Canada/Japan) finally gave up in USA/Canada and moved over to Japan for good. Much better in Japan they think.
However they did not complain about racism coming from white people in USA. Japanese prefer always to be among themselves and do financially well.

My older daughter, 50/50 Japanese/European moved out with her Japanese husband from HongKong, back again in Japan, about the same impression, much better in Japan than among the British educated Chinese.

I myself as a white man from Europe left my native country over 35 years ago. Better for me to be a foreigner in Japan than a local in my own European country.

Up to the individual I would say... Nowadays it is not so difficult to relocate if you are not happy with some people next door...

About racism against white men in the dating world in Asia, it depends where you are and who are these women you try to date.
Thai upper class women are not much interested in white guys and they clearly prefer a rich Thai man, same with upper class Indian women - and not to talk about women from Islamic countries where religion is an important factor. Chinese women often prefer overseas Chinese to white men from abroad, etc. - It's not really racism, it is about preferences.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

chanta76 wrote:And yet there is charisma man of Japan. There was a cartoon strip of geeky white guy in the states but when he went to Japan he became Charisma man and got loads of Japanese girls. I think to some extent it still happens where white guys or to some extent black guys dating or sex life improves tremendously in Asia. That's probably the BIGGEST reason why they go there. I mean look at this site or even Roosh sties...there are a sub-culture of western guys that go to Asia ONLY for the WOMEN. Nothing more...and yet they complain about discrimination...what they are really complaining about is that they don't have access to everything in Asia.

As an Asian man growing up in USA I experience racism in my daily life..so it's kind of like sweet justice that white guys might experience some racism in Asia. the Only difference is that there is no racism in the dating world for white guys that Asian guys experience. Call me unsympathetic but I don't recalling white guys being sympathetic to Asian guys here in the states .
I think in some ways racism in Asia is worse. Asian countries lack legal protections against discrimination. Businesses may openly discriminate against minorities- something that would be illegal in the USA. Some nightclubs ban foreigners. Some landlords refuse to rent to foreigners. The police may automatically assume that a foreigner is at fault if he gets into an altercation with a local. In Korea, I've heard plenty of foreigners complaining about this. Usually the story was something like they were charged with assault after defending themselves against a Korean in a bar fight. The media in Asian countries don't give a rat's ass about being politically correct and often promote negative stereotypes about minorities.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Traveler wrote:
chanta76 wrote:And yet there is charisma man of Japan. There was a cartoon strip of geeky white guy in the states but when he went to Japan he became Charisma man and got loads of Japanese girls. I think to some extent it still happens where white guys or to some extent black guys dating or sex life improves tremendously in Asia. That's probably the BIGGEST reason why they go there. I mean look at this site or even Roosh sties...there are a sub-culture of western guys that go to Asia ONLY for the WOMEN. Nothing more...and yet they complain about discrimination...what they are really complaining about is that they don't have access to everything in Asia.

I think in some ways racism in Asia is worse. Asian countries lack legal protections against discrimination. Businesses may openly discriminate against minorities- something that would be illegal in the USA. Some nightclubs ban foreigners. Some landlords refuse to rent to foreigners. The police may automatically assume that a foreigner is at fault if he gets into an altercation with a local. In Korea, I've heard plenty of foreigners complaining about this. Usually the story was something like they were charged with assault after defending themselves against a Korean in a bar fight. The media in Asian countries don't give a rat's a** about being politically correct and often promote negative stereotypes about minorities.
It's going to suck being a minority in ANY country. Doesn't matter the race of people, period! Whether you're an Asian in the United States, a White person living in Africa, a Palestinian living in Israel, an Indian working and living in the Middle East, a Black man in the States, or a White person living in Asia--the majority population will always 'look-down' and be racist towards people who of not the same race/religion or ethnicity. It's sadly, a natural human instinct and behavior.

I think the most important thing is to choose a country that fits your personality and temperament; also, it helps if you can blend in with the local people--or if the local population is not hostile towards your race; for example, you don't want to be a White person living in South Africa or a Black person living in Greece. You're asking for trouble if you go to certain countries, and you're a visible minority. Use common sense.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

Also in Japan in different areas the people are quite different you will notice.
Go to the CBD or other large areas and you will notice it's very similar to the movie "Lost in translation".

That's because they actually filmed it there.
The people are not unfriendly but some Americans mistake them for that because they aren't all running to them and talking to them.

Also as far as anime it depends what anime. There actually are some anime where the characters and show are similar to how the real Japanese are. Then there are ones that are just fantasy etc which I get the feeling is how many Japanese want things to be but they aren't so escaping into fantasy is the only option.

It's not surprising for women to like anime or games over there and many will even do cosplay stuff. I in fact knew a girl and she and her friends did that stuff and it was apparently pretty normal.

Again just visit Japan I would say. In fact many anime series may be fantasy but a lot of their characters are built similarly in their thinking to most Japanese. That's why it appeals to them.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

chanta76 wrote:And yet there is charisma man of Japan. There was a cartoon strip of geeky white guy in the states ...
Actually, it was in Canada. And yes, in some cases, some Japanese people treat handsome white guys like that. Some is the key word.
chanta76 wrote:As an Asian man growing up in USA I experience racism in my daily life..so it's kind of like sweet justice that white guys might experience some racism in Asia. the Only difference is that there is no racism in the dating world for white guys that Asian guys experience. Call me unsympathetic but I don't recalling white guys being sympathetic to Asian guys here in the states .
The white guys who go to Asia are not usually the ones who discriminate against Asians in the West. So, why should they suffer? Just because of skin color? Racism against anyone is wrong, anywhere. And before you start gloating,do keep in mind that in Japan, they would discriminate way more against another Asian than they would against a white guy. Way more. Same with the way Koreans treat the Chinese. Asians hate each other way more than they hate the white man, Thailand being an exception.

In Britain, they treat black and Indian/Arab people way better than they treat Polish or Serbian people. E. Euros get beat up all the time there. While the Brits smile sweetly at Indians and Pakistanis to show that they are not racist.
Last edited by ladislav on February 16th, 2015, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

Seems many of the people on here have never been to Japan and base the Japanese off stupid memes and baloney stuff like "Japan times" site which is really run by westerners that sensationalize things.

Instead of being moronic how about looking up real statistics and then at least visiting Japan for a few weeks for yourself.

Yes the people there aren't whitewashed American worshipers, if you want that crap go to the Philippines where most of the women have been raised thinking they are ugly and white people are like gods.

I have been to Japan and it's quite comfortable and relaxing there and the people are nice. It depends who you are though, if you are an ignorant of their culture loudmouth American fool then no they probably won't like you.

Seems many on here want the type of women you fine in the Philippines. You know a country that is whitewashed since WW2 and was occupied by the USA an is #1 on lists of countries who love the USA!

So many of the women there think white people are amazing and they dislike their own people. If that's the type of woman you want then you have problems I would say.

Also the whole culture in the Philippines is quite screwed up. They strongly circumcise and believe that if a man is not circumcised he isn't even a man. Divorce is illegal there. The country is basically 3rd world. Seems many there can't really even think for themselves in fact. It's crazy there.

Also in general it's not a good idea to go get a woman from a 3rd world country if you know what I mean. But seems some men are so desperate they don't care about the reasons and just happy that a woman would even get with him.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

ladislav wrote:

The white guys who go to Asia are not usually the ones who discriminate against Asians in the West. So, why should they suffer? Just because of skin color? Racism against anyone is wrong, anywhere. And before you start gloating,do keep in mind that in Japan, they would discriminate way more against another Asian than they would against a white guy. Way more. Same with the way Koreans treat the Chinese. Asians hate each other way more than they hate the white man, Thailand being an exception.
Generally most don't even hate westerners and it's not a race things but more of a nationality thing. For instance what Japanese do dislike whites it's usually a dislike for American people not whites overall. This is because of WW2 history of course.

The Japanese even make anime and games where the Germans are the good side. It's because Germany and Japan were WW2 allies.

And yes it's true that quite a lot of Japanese do dislike the Koreans. But again you will find this hate seems to be getting less and less with each generation.
Zionosis
Freshman Poster

Post by Zionosis »

The South Koreans and the Japanese look pretty similar. Not exactly the same but at least the most similar people to the Japanese out there.

South Korea being a bit of a post WW2 occupied and controlled by the USA much like the Philippines was. They are a little similar in that while the Philippines ranks #1 in love for the USA, South Korea ranks pretty high up there also.

Also South Korea isn't a 3rd world place like the Philippines is and the women are better looking in SK than Philippines.

I think if you want an east Asian woman then your best bet is South Korea.

Singapore is also a place that has really high English proficiency and even though they are down in Malaysia you would be surprised how many of them look down in Singapore. Many are quite east Asian looking and it's very developed and forward. It would also be a good option for getting an Asian woman.

1. Philippines (percentage with a favorable view of the United States: 85%)
2. Israel (83%)
3. Ghana (83%)
4. Senegal (81%)
5. Kenya (81%)
6. El Salvador (79%)
7. South Korea (78%)
8. Italy (76%)
9. Uganda (73%)
10. Brazil (73%)

Many studies show different things but keep in mind as the generations go by the Japanese lose a little hate each time for the Americans. I mean according to one stat in Japan 66% are favorable to the USA.

China is only 50%.

South Korea and the Philippines are really high but when you look up the history it's obvious why.

At the end of the day just go visit some of these places.

Don't look at stupid internet things on the English internet which many are just slandering those countries. Go there and visit and you will find it's nothing like what western internet tries to make them out to be.

I have found this a lot of the time. There is a lot of BS out there and propaganda.

Half the time if you actually visit these places they are absolutely nothing like the western media made them out to be.

I mean when I was in Japan they were calm and friendly people. Yet a bunch of whites online want to say otherwise and make stupid sites and articles trying to slander them etc. Half the time making up pure BS.
The western run site called "Japan times" is an example where most of their articles seems to try to convince you the Japanese are horrible people all based on their anecdotal evidence or random little stories.

Again, go over there and see the reality. Nothing like the propaganda against them on the English internet.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Seems many of the people on here have never been to Japan and base the Japanese off stupid memes and baloney stuff like "Japan times" site which is really run by westerners that sensationalize things.
I spent two years there. Studied Japanese for five before going there.
Instead of being moronic how about looking up real statistics and then at least visiting Japan for a few weeks for yourself.
An expensive proposition
Yes the people there aren't whitewashed American worshipers,
They used to be. Right after the war-- under the muzzles of American guns. Nagai mono ni makarero. Now, they too rich.
if you want that crap go to the Philippines where most of the women have been raised thinking they are ugly and white people are like gods.
Yesssssssssssssss! Love it!
I have been to Japan and it's quite comfortable and relaxing there and the people are nice. It depends who you are though, if you are an ignorant of their culture loudmouth American fool then no they probably won't like you.
Some won't like you even if you are not loud mouthed. It's called prejudice.
Seems many on here want the type of women you fine in the Philippines. You know a country that is whitewashed since WW2 and was occupied by the USA an is #1 on lists of countries who love the USA!
If you are tall and blond and under 35 and have a good job, go to Japan. If you are a 55 year old, paunchy and balding, the Philippines is better.
So many of the women there think white people are amazing and they dislike their own people.
Yessssssssssssss! Yaba-daba-doooooooooooooooo! Here we come!
If that's the type of woman you want then you have problems I would say.
Problems like being over 50 and not a blond adonis. And not rich and wanting an 18-26 woman. Yeah, I call it a problem.
Also the whole culture in the Philippines is quite screwed up. They strongly circumcise and believe that if a man is not circumcised he isn't even a man. Divorce is illegal there. The country is basically 3rd world. Seems many there can't really even think for themselves in fact. It's crazy there.
It is. So, you just pick and choose. You don't marry there unless really in love. You don't circumcize. You may not even want to have a kid there.
Also in general it's not a good idea to go get a woman from a 3rd world country if you know what I mean. But seems some men are so desperate they don't care about the reasons and just happy that a woman would even get with him.
You gotta use the arbitrage. Japan is great for someone who looks like this:

Not for someone who looks like this:

And we need love, too!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

ladislav wrote: I spent two years there. Studied Japanese for five before going there.
I am living in Japan since over 35 years. Do you think, living in Japan for 2 years is a long time?

About studying Japanese, many are doing this, nothing special about it.
Some won't like you even if you are not loud mouthed. It's called prejudice.
Not really something which is typically Japanese. BTW, loud mouthed foreigners are nowhere appreciated. About prejudice of some individuals, this can happen to you easily in USA, too. You cannot be friend with everybody. Japanese in general are not into prejudice, but it takes a while until they know you.

I have rarely a problem with a Japanese, I am living since almost 30 years in the same house and nearby people know me well - I am using mostly the same medical doctors, the same restaurants, the same barbershop, the same motorcycle shop etc. etc. - these people working there know me since decades. There is nothing discriminatory with them against me.
If you are tall and blond and under 35 and have a good job, go to Japan. If you are a 55 year old, paunchy and balding, the Philippines is better.
It has nothing to do with your looks or age - but more about your educational background and your behavior in Japan as a foreigner.

To compare the Philippines with Japan? For what should this be good for? These 2 countries are very different from each other.
What about comparing USA with China? Or India with Russia? Or the moon with the sun?

You might compare Japan maybe with Germany by size, population number AND productivity, but surely not with the Philippines.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yohan, your experiences and mine are different. Thus, they are anecdotal. You experienced ABC and I experienced XYZ. Let the reader decide whom the want to follow. Two years is not a long time but it's longer than one week. Anyway, you think a certain way and I think a certain way about Japan. Again,let the reader be the judge.