Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Postby jamesbond » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Happy Valentine's day everyone! :D

ImageImage
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Postby jamesbond » Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:06 pm

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:22 am

jamesbond wrote:Happy Valentine's day everyone! :D

Winston's waiting for her to turn the thing around
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:19 pm

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:36 am

Though she didn't ask for anything, I got her a customized Boston Cream Pie, not too dissimilar from the one below.

None of that soggy sponge/vanilla cake and chocolate ganache dripping all over the place. This was a tight firm custard on a gram cracker pie, topped with a cooled off limited chocolate ganache in a swirl pattern.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:30 am

S_Parc wrote:Though she didn't ask for anything, I got her a customized Boston Cream Pie, not too dissimilar from the one below.

None of that soggy sponge/vanilla cake and chocolate ganache dripping all over the place. This was a tight firm custard on a gram cracker pie, topped with a cooled off limited chocolate ganache in a swirl pattern.

May you both enjoy sweet cream pie tonight!
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:02 am

Happy valentine's day everyone. The amazing thing is that THREE different girls wanted me to spend time with them on valentine's day. I only managed to make time for two of them though. But in Taiwan and America, the number of girls that want to see me on valentine's day is 0.000000. What a huge difference. So you see, it is not true that people are the same everywhere as the politically correct say, and as Paul McCartney sang in that song "Ebony and Ivory" lol.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby starchild5 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:24 am

I think its much worse and darker. People do not realize that only a suppressed and toxic place can come up with something like Valentine Day, considering its history as well.

We can pretty much guarantee that. Philippines can never come up with such an absurd concept, drops of love culture as Valentine. Because Those who have been to Philippines know it....

EVERYDAY IS A FREAKING VALENTINES DAY>>>>>>> :lol: :lol:

You don't need FAKE VALENTINE TO FEEL LOVE IN AUTHENTIC PLACES LIKE PHILIPPINES....Everyday feels like LOVE is in the AIR.... :mrgreen:
starchild5
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:59 pm

starchild5 wrote:I think its much worse and darker. People do not realize that only a suppressed and toxic place can come up with something like Valentine Day, considering its history as well.

We can pretty much guarantee that. Philippines can never come up with such an absurd concept, drops of love culture as Valentine. Because Those who have been to Philippines know it....

EVERYDAY IS A FREAKING VALENTINES DAY>>>>>>> :lol: :lol:

You don't need FAKE VALENTINE TO FEEL LOVE IN AUTHENTIC PLACES LIKE PHILIPPINES....Everyday feels like LOVE is in the AIR.... :mrgreen:

Seriously, chill out! The main reason why Valentine's Day is irritating is that all the freaking chocolate makers and restaurants make such a fuss about it.

In reality, it's just another day and for me, it was simply a reason to make a custom cake for Mel because the other formal occasions are her b'day and Christmas. Yes, most Thanksgiving desserts are pretty much pre-made; same goes for the 4th of July. So that's three special days per a 365 day year. Is this something to freak out over?
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions