The RealDoll Manifesto

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

The RealDoll Manifesto

Post by S_Parc »

For this topic, since it's important for our times, I'd put up a picture of General John Pershing, the supreme commander of the US armed forces in World War I.

What Pershing had emphasized was training and doing the regular drills, until one's reactions are automatic. In the heat of combat, when the pressure is on, one will fall back on his training during duress. Granted, it didn't really stopped the casualty toll in the Argonne Forest battle, but what could a soldier do, against continuous machine gun fire? They didn't have Kevlar vests back then. That's that for the history lesson.

So this brings up the RealDoll. What the RealDoll does is allow one to practice routine sex, w/o the need for a partner nearby. In life in America, we train for a lot of things. We have cardiovascular training like running or biking, hand-eye coordination training like Fencing or Baseball, quantitative training like doing math problems or computer programming, vocational training like repairing vehicles, etc. In sex, however, there is no training platform. Instead, ppl are stuck at home, watching p*rn, and probably attempting to date a skank, with the hope of getting a little action, before the inevitable fight (and potential mayhem which can occur later).

Now, enter the RealDoll; here is a device which simulates the sensations of being with an actual woman. Using an electric blanket beforehand, it's warm, and its inner sleeves almost feel like the real thing. Outside skin also feels pretty good. When Mel had first introduced this idea, I was a bit skeptical, just like many reading this right now. Yet, as I started using it regularly, I'd noticed something, I was growing calmer over time. I was able to focus at work. Whenever I'd see a hot gal walk by, well, it was just that ... a hot gal walking by, BFD. I could hug Mel and not have the woodpecker wake up, suddenly, sometimes startling her. Basically, I was developing body control over time. The actual act of sex was almost like going out for a tennis match.

Mel and I have also used the doll advance our intimacy, as originally, she'd felt weird, with a guy nearby. Today, she's very comfortable with me and it's the result of the doll, evolving us into a heterosexual couple. Now that our RealDoll has entered her 2nd year as our clandestine semi-permanent housemate, I'll have to give credit where credit is due.

Matt McMullen, founder of the RealDoll company, deserves the Nobel Prize in peace, economics, and if he ever writes a book about it ... add the literature prize to his accolades. It's literally changed our world within a year's span. That's worth many times its cost.

Basically, ppl need to unwind and do it in a way, where they're not under someone else's observation. For a lot of ppl, they take to drinking whiskey before calling it a night. Well, I'm sure you know where that one goes, if one's not diligent ... alcoholism.

Now, having a Doll doesn't mean you have to be like this crazy guy, Davecat ...

There's no need to believe that this doll is some real A.I. personality, then telling the entire world, and getting labelled as a weirdo by future employers. Mel and I have the doll hidden; it's our secret.

For guys, instead of let's say getting on the 'net and ranting about how AWs suck and how they got ditched by some gal at a bar, they can bone the doll, read a book, and possibly find a new client. And then in the future, if they're still in the US, perhaps if they meet a decent gal, they can try making friends with her first, and see where it goes. All and all, separating sex with interacting with ppl out there, is a useful thing. It puts you in control of the situation.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: The RealDoll Manifesto

Post by S_Parc »

BTW, Mel just got a chuckle out of my General Pershing intro. Since she'd grown up in a military officer's household, it reminded her of how her dad would sometimes make opening speeches.

It just goes to show that a number of women end up attracting a guy who reminds her of her father, esp if they had a good relationship growing up.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

A fascinating point of view, Sergeant. Yet, for the life of me, I really can't get myself to imagine sex with a large piece of warmed-up silicon - no matter how cleverly shaped and refined - to be even remotely as good as a real young woman. Perhaps the moment sex dolls will be full-blown (no pun intended) intelligent robots capable of simulating the complete lifetime of a sex act, including all the heavy breathing and moaning, the sweating and squirting, I will be curious enough to give it a go.

It's funny how most would take it for granted that the birthplace of the ultimate sex automaton would be Japan. After all, it was assumed, Japanese men were as liberated as horny as in any civilised first-world country, high on disposable income and naturally tuned to everything eerily robotic. Thus, the demand for such an act of cybernetic perfection would be star-high. Judging from what I read over the past few years, with a big trend towards emasculation and de-sexualisation, young Japanese men are perfectly fine having no sex at all, and when engaging in (auto)erotic fantasies, they are perfectly happy to do it with a simple inflatable pillow with their typical manga-like cute girl printed on. The polar opposite of anatomical correctness and technical sophistication.

What I can conclude is, if the same trend were to sweep other first-world, post-industrial, post-natal, post-everything countries, the surrogation of sex wouldn't even come to need such a hot piece of silicon ass. In fact, as somebody has started to suggest, why not just jerk off in peace and be "green" at the same time?

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:A fascinating point of view, Sergeant. Yet, for the life of me, I really can't get myself to imagine sex with a large piece of warmed-up silicon - no matter how cleverly shaped and refined - to be even remotely as good as a real young woman. Perhaps the moment sex dolls will be full-blown (no pun intended) intelligent robots capable of simulating the complete lifetime of a sex act, including all the heavy breathing and moaning, the sweating and squirting, I will be curious enough to give it a go.

It's funny how most would take it for granted that the birthplace of the ultimate sex automaton would be Japan. After all, it was assumed, Japanese men were as liberated as horny as in any civilised first-world country, high on disposable income and naturally tuned to everything eerily robotic. Thus, the demand for such an act of cybernetic perfection would be star-high. Judging from what I read over the past few years, with a big trend towards emasculation and de-sexualisation, young Japanese men are perfectly fine having no sex at all, and when engaging in (auto)erotic fantasies, they are perfectly happy to do it with a simple inflatable pillow with their typical manga-like cute girl printed on. The polar opposite of anatomical correctness and technical sophistication.

What I can conclude is, if the same trend were to sweep other first-world, post-industrial, post-natal, post-everything countries, the surrogation of sex wouldn't even come to need such a hot piece of silicon a**. In fact, as somebody has started to suggest, why not just jerk off in peace and be "green" at the same time?

Its the modern American psychobabble dream come true. Plastic...souless ...vacuous and empty.
Rather than fix your empty souless existence...just get the doll...yes siree....

Then all that remains...is a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Last edited by S_Parc on February 28th, 2015, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

OutWest wrote:
publicduende wrote:A fascinating point of view, Sergeant. Yet, for the life of me, I really can't get myself to imagine sex with a large piece of warmed-up silicon - no matter how cleverly shaped and refined - to be even remotely as good as a real young woman. Perhaps the moment sex dolls will be full-blown (no pun intended) intelligent robots capable of simulating the complete lifetime of a sex act, including all the heavy breathing and moaning, the sweating and squirting, I will be curious enough to give it a go.

What I can conclude is, if the same trend were to sweep other first-world, post-industrial, post-natal, post-everything countries, the surrogation of sex wouldn't even come to need such a hot piece of silicon a**. In fact, as somebody has started to suggest, why not just jerk off in peace and be "green" at the same time?
It's the modern American psychobabble dream come true. Plastic...souless ...vacuous and empty.
Rather than fix your empty souless existence...just get the doll...yes siree....

Then all that remains...is a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard...
This is why I'd brought up Davecat ... basically he's delusional and has given his doll, an A.I. personality of a British-Japanese model. That's messed up. He will be blacklisted by corporate America, in time, if he doesn't drop the web presence of his lifestyle. Mel grew up in a military household and knows all about *Don't Ask, Don't Tell*.

On the other hand, my GF and I know actually why we have the model. And yes, in the vein of General Pershing's philosophy, soldiers do need to train daily. When it's snowing/raining outside, do you sit around at home, whining that you can't get in a run (or a hike)? No, you use an indoor treadmill and viola, you get your cardiovascular workout for the day. Your body will thank you for it.

Plus, we get to shout obscenities at it. Really, it takes the edge off other aspects of life. Try doing that with a gal from a bar, chances are, she'll call the police on you. Yes, we're polite ppl so you'll never see us talking trash in public. Now today, given the rampant false rape charges, etc, guys have to be much more careful than ever before. Remember what happened to Kobe Bryant, ten years ago in Colorado? That false allegation costed him millions in endorsements, in addition to the million dollar out-of-court settlement fee.

Still, doing a doll, doesn't mean that one can't have a social life and be around ppl, in general. Right now, Mel and I do not do double dates with couples in our age bracket. Our double dates are with ppl a decade or so older. Here's why ... these younger couples get jealous, when they see how natural we are and the fact that we'd known each other, for over a decade and a half. Many of them bicker a lot and our quiet harmony irks them. I believe many of these guys should bang a doll and then, hang out with certain women, and only date those, who're possibly good partners. Seriously, when our disagreements are about which is the better Led Zeppelin album, you know that other ppl can't compete. Right now, Mel isn't budging, it's "Physical Graffiti" for her and I'm a firm "Zeppelin IV" devotee.

AB discussion thread

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

This may work for some men, but for the majority I think it is just too weird and too much akin to a corpse. For me, sex is very much about giving and taking, it's a mutual experience, a two-partner (or if you're kinky, multi-partner!) activity to be thoroughly enjoyed. When one of the partners is a lifeless, cold peace of dead plastic, it's just expensive masturbation. Expensive because, as I heard, the dolls are very pricey too. Like way more then I would be able or willing to afford, if I was a young single American man.

There's always prostitution, or maybe even friends with benefits arrangements. And of course masturbation, the cheapest and easiest form of sexual release known to man. Does not come with the creepiness factor of owning, or boning, a lifelike doll of a woman.

It worked for you and Mel, Jester, because you are a very unique and one-in-a-million type of couple; I have never personally heard of a couple like you. Well maybe historical examples, but never interacted with someone in one. Your girlfriend is a lesbian, and the realdoll was a bridge between you and her, between her regular ways of intimacy and new ways of intimacy with you. A stepping stone, if you will. The dynamics of your relationships are very, very unusual.

I think more even then sex, companionship is a big issue to lonely people. I have seen a man in a documentary who was the only inhabitant off the Australian coast once. His only companions were a dog and a mannequin (not a realdoll). He talked to the mannequin, and had long conversations with it. Even called it his wife. Obviously he knew it was fake, he admitted so himself. And he couldn't do anything with it sexually as mannequins tend to not be anatomically correct. The companionship was the biggest factor. The idea, even if it was just an illusion, that someone was listening to him. And that's the bigger issue here; not a lack of sex, but a lack of companionship.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

MarcosZeitola wrote:This may work for some men, but for the majority I think it is just too weird and too much akin to a corpse. For me, sex is very much about giving and taking, it's a mutual experience, a two-partner (or if you're kinky, multi-partner!) activity to be thoroughly enjoyed. When one of the partners is a lifeless, cold peace of dead plastic, it's just expensive masturbation. Expensive because, as I heard, the dolls are very pricey too. Like way more then I would be able or willing to afford, if I was a young single American man.

There's always prostitution, or maybe even friends with benefits arrangements. And of course masturbation, the cheapest and easiest form of sexual release known to man. Does not come with the creepiness factor of owning, or boning, a lifelike doll of a woman.

It worked for you and Mel, Jester, because you are a very unique and one-in-a-million type of couple; I have never personally heard of a couple like you. Well maybe historical examples, but never interacted with someone in one. Your girlfriend is a lesbian, and the realdoll was a bridge between you and her, between her regular ways of intimacy and new ways of intimacy with you. A stepping stone, if you will. The dynamics of your relationships are very, very unusual.

I think more even then sex, companionship is a big issue to lonely people. I have seen a man in a documentary who was the only inhabitant off the Australian coast once. His only companions were a dog and a mannequin (not a realdoll). He talked to the mannequin, and had long conversations with it. Even called it his wife. Obviously he knew it was fake, he admitted so himself. And he couldn't do anything with it sexually as mannequins tend to not be anatomically correct. The companionship was the biggest factor. The idea, even if it was just an illusion, that someone was listening to him. And that's the bigger issue here; not a lack of sex, but a lack of companionship.
There's something here about American life that you seem to not grasp. Yes, a slew of men have other male friends and acquaintances. There are many venues for ppl to meet others and make acquaintances, like cooking classes, the YMCA, martial arts dojos, Tai Chi workshops, etc.

Thus, friendships and companionship are not some alien concept. I grew up in a completely dysfunctional household and yet, made ~100 friends & acquaintances during college, with Mel being the best of that crowd.

But then, we have this toxic dating environment, which pulls the rug out from under the above. Thus, while friends-with-benes works for some, many others will need to find some other outlet for their sexuality. The dating scene is basically lousy and many of the couples we see around us, esp in that less than 40 crowd, are either dysfunctional, almost dysfunctional, or pathetically co-dependent & hapless. I'd much rather be alone than be any of those aforementioned couples.

Trips to Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean to see prost*tutes will eventually cost as much as a RealDoll over time, if you take into account, travel and accommodation costs. In fact, since Mel and I have been using it, we'd re-cooped the investment within the year, as today, we spend much less time on those esc*rting activities than before. Part of it is the Pershing Principle, as described above. Also, we have a sense of privacy where we're not sharing our bed with a stranger. Thus, our day-to-day life outside of sex, isn't impacted by our regular sexual needs. Mel had predicted this, almost a year and half ago. She was spot on; everything happened like clockwork.

Now, as for the loneliness factor, the problem I believe is that ppl like Davecat probably don't have many friends/acquaintances in his regular life. I believe that for the most part, he's a loner w/ perhaps 1 or 2 childhood acquaintances. Thus, he's made his silicone doll, a substitute for living in itself. IMHO, I believe that that's a huge problem. A person should not make a doll, into a real person, outside of some role playing game, which BTW, Mel and I have done :wink:

AB discussion thread

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:This may work for some men, but for the majority I think it is just too weird and too much akin to a corpse. For me, sex is very much about giving and taking, it's a mutual experience, a two-partner (or if you're kinky, multi-partner!) activity to be thoroughly enjoyed. When one of the partners is a lifeless, cold peace of dead plastic, it's just expensive masturbation. Expensive because, as I heard, the dolls are very pricey too. Like way more then I would be able or willing to afford, if I was a young single American man.

I agree the OP's relationship with Mel is unusual, but it's also true that the doll is only a bridge for the mere mechanics of sex. The emotional connection, the complicity and love is already there. And "rumour has it", the intimate-physical side is evolving pretty well too.

Definitely an rare menage, they've got there. Yet, isn't it better than the usual paradigms of socially/sexually-starved workaholic, basement-dwelling incel or relentless whoremonger that seem to abound these days...
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

publicduende wrote:I agree the OP's relationship with Mel is unusual, but it's also true that the doll is only a bridge for the mere mechanics of sex. The emotional connection, the complicity and love is already there. And "rumour has it", the intimate-physical side is evolving pretty well too.

Definitely an rare menage, they've got there. Yet, isn't it better than the usual paradigms of socially/sexually-starved workaholic, basement-dwelling incel or relentless whoremonger that seem to abound these days...
If you replace *relentless whoremonger* with scheduled/managed whoremongering, then it's quite all right :wink:

As for this topic, Mel's been breaking down laughing, every time I name drop on General Pershing. Looks like I've found her funny bone.

I'll give you an example of the Pershing effect. A few years ago, when I'd see a slim, big breasted woman in let's say a corporate env, my eyes would be drawn to her chest, just before I disengage the glance :o . Since I'd been with the doll, I had another encounter with a random busty hottie in the elevator but this time, I didn't even acknowledge her, for I'd already been fondling and suckling on the doll's DD b**bs for half a year :P . I only knew of the woman's rack size from my peripheral vision. This lady then turned towards me, with a bit of a surprised look/expression and asked if I were new to the firm. That's the Iron General in action 8)

AB discussion thread

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Man you 're really out there... I couldn't bring myself to suckle on some plastic piece.
Why didn't you stay in brazil for the love of god.

As to one of the previous posts, a she-droid will probably happen but in the shape/face of an anime character indeed. This would skip the uncanny valley entirely and make it more practical and attractive.
Did anyone see the latest movie with A. Banderas?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

S_Parc wrote:I'll give you an example of the Pershing effect. A few years ago, when I'd see a slim, big breasted woman in let's say a corporate env, my eyes would be drawn to her chest, just before I disengage the glance :o . Since I'd been with the doll, I had another encounter with a random busty hottie in the elevator but this time, I didn't even acknowledge her, for I'd already been fondling and suckling on the doll's DD b**bs for half a year :P . I only knew of the woman's rack size from my peripheral vision. This lady then turned towards me, with a bit of a surprised look/expression and asked if I were new to the firm. That's the Iron General in action 8)
Look, the way I see it, if Doll (forgot her name, sorry) is good at shaving the edge off your libido, giving you a more detached, less invested approach to women, then well done you. Has that Iron General of yours been taught on the art of war from Sun Tzu? ;)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

droid wrote:As to one of the previous posts, a she-droid will probably happen but in the shape/face of an anime character indeed. This would skip the uncanny valley entirely and make it more practical and attractive.
As a matter of fact, more manga-like dolls are already being produced in the US:
http://www.boytoydolls.com/main/

and in Japan. This one is a pretty creepy site created by a Japanese collector. Bordering NSFW...
http://www.dolldataroom.org/
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That's insane man, let aside that for those $5K you could shower in p4p in many places, i don't get it.
It cracks me up though that the western ones are realistically skanky and have "fake" boobs lol. I'd like to get jamesbonds opinion Lol.

I'd get more satisfaction out of writing the firmware for the future AI ones. I might turn that into a fetish of its own haha.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

droid wrote:That's insane man, let aside that for those $5K you could shower in p4p in many places, i don't get it.
It cracks me up though that the western ones are realistically skanky and have "fake" breasts lol. I'd like to get jamesbonds opinion Lol.

I'd get more satisfaction out of writing the firmware for the future AI ones. I might turn that into a fetish of its own haha.
The idea is that if one's stuck stateside, let's say for career, education, taking care of the elders, or any myriad of reasons, traveling to Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean for P4P, will add up in terms of transportation, lodging, and esc*rting time.

The doll will pay for itself and someday, if/when you're sick of it, you can always put in up on eBay and get back half the cost, though the thought of a used market is kinda gross :roll:

Like you, I'd thought it was a bit weird in the beginning. But here's the thing, you're mixing one's cultural indoctrination with what the body desires. Men love to play with b**bs, *ss, and some legs, while getting their Pony Baloney wet. Thus, your body's reaction, in time, will be different from your analytical mind, which is saying that "it's a piece of plastic :evil: . I shouldn't be doing this :twisted: , etc, etc " Eventually, that initial phase passes and then, you're just a relaxed guy. You wouldn't believe how many mornings I'd woken up with morning wood. I did 70 pushups, banged the doll (I have a set timer w/ the electric blanket so it's always warm by the early morning), took a shower, and went to work. I didn't think about sex for the rest of the day. Today, I'd even forgotten what ordinary masturbation had felt like.

And yes, that A.I stuff will be there in 10 years.
publicduende wrote:Look, the way I see it, if Doll (forgot her name, sorry) is good at shaving the edge off your libido, giving you a more detached, less invested approach to women, then well done you. Has that Iron General of yours been taught on the art of war from Sun Tzu? ;)
Iron General is a double entendre as that was also Pershing's epithet :lol:

I think Mel keeled over on that one. And yes, my General has definitely been getting Tzu's education :wink: I have no problems, diving into some trench warfare :P

AB discussion thread