Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.



Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics


Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1440
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by HouseMD » March 7th, 2015, 5:55 am

Cornfed wrote:You geezers should really pull you heads out of your asses and see how the world actually works now.

We're roughly the same age dude, from what I remember.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5811
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by Cornfed » March 7th, 2015, 6:26 am

WorldTraveler wrote:It is a crappy job market now for everyone not just Millennials.

I take your point on that. For example, my supervisor, who is in his 60s, mentioned making a deposit on a $300 item. Well, why would he do that? Because unlike me, who was broke and in debt six months ago before taking this job, he did not have $300 at his disposal. At our bullshit wages, we are all broke. But, and this is a big but, he has already had the chance to buy a house, raise a family, establish himself as a man of respect etc. So in fact he has had it a lot better than me, even if it seems we have it the same at this moment in time. BTW, obviously he used to earn something like three times what he does now for doing the same job. Luckily for him he is about to retire.

User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2037
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 8:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by MarcosZeitola » March 7th, 2015, 9:54 am

OutWest wrote:We have some angry men here. They are angry that nothing in their world works, and dodge responsibility by insisting that nothing can possibly work in this world.


They should put that anger to good use. So much energy going to waste. And they only have themselves to blame at the end of the day. Best to keep a cool head, make plans and stick to them. The world seems broken at times, but it's hardly the same everywhere else.

WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: June 3rd, 2008, 3:46 pm

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by WorldTraveler » March 7th, 2015, 10:20 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
And is it crappy for both men and women? Or is it better for women and definitely crappy for men?

Matt, don't you have a college degree? What was your major?

It's crappy for both men and women. Women though currently have slightly more advantages than men and minority women get some extra advantages too. Yes, it sucks for young white males, but it probably sucks worse for old white males. The only thing that is important is accepting that you have to compete in this environment. You don't have to like it, but you have to make it work for you. Overall most jobs hire the better person, or the person that presents themselves the best. So if you want the job you have to aggressively pursue it.

WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: June 3rd, 2008, 3:46 pm

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by WorldTraveler » March 7th, 2015, 10:27 am

Devil Dog wrote:Here is an analogy: People who don't know better think that you have to be a racehorse to succeed in entrepreneurship or small business. But the fact is that most successful people are plow horses. Their successes come not from superior intelligence but rather from having the willingness to put their best efforts into a venture.


Devil Dog, I agree with both you and Rock. There is more than one path to success! Persistence and execution beats intelligence most of the time. This is an even better reason why the people complaining there are no jobs, can make it if they work hard at it.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by MattHanson1990 » March 7th, 2015, 9:17 pm

WorldTraveler wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
And is it crappy for both men and women? Or is it better for women and definitely crappy for men?

Matt, don't you have a college degree? What was your major?

It's crappy for both men and women. Women though currently have slightly more advantages than men and minority women get some extra advantages too. Yes, it sucks for young white males, but it probably sucks worse for old white males. The only thing that is important is accepting that you have to compete in this environment. You don't have to like it, but you have to make it work for you. Overall most jobs hire the better person, or the person that presents themselves the best. So if you want the job you have to aggressively pursue it.


I have a bachelor of arts in music, with concentrations in theory and composition

WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
Posts: 705
Joined: June 3rd, 2008, 3:46 pm

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by WorldTraveler » March 8th, 2015, 2:22 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:
WorldTraveler wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
And is it crappy for both men and women? Or is it better for women and definitely crappy for men?

Matt, don't you have a college degree? What was your major?

It's crappy for both men and women. Women though currently have slightly more advantages than men and minority women get some extra advantages too. Yes, it sucks for young white males, but it probably sucks worse for old white males. The only thing that is important is accepting that you have to compete in this environment. You don't have to like it, but you have to make it work for you. Overall most jobs hire the better person, or the person that presents themselves the best. So if you want the job you have to aggressively pursue it.


I have a bachelor of arts in music, with concentrations in theory and composition


That's as good as any major to get you started. I had a degree in the Social Sciences. What instrument do you play? Were you even in a rock band. Chicks dig musicians.

What was college life like at your college? I'm guessing it wasn't a slutfest like the PUAs brag about. All my recent time on college. It seems to be "all show and no go!"

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25082
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by Winston » June 3rd, 2015, 7:27 pm

We should post these signs on HA for the politically correct crowd. lol

Image

Image

Image
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
Posts: 475
Joined: May 26th, 2015, 11:07 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by GoingAwol » June 3rd, 2015, 7:51 pm

Worldtraveler,
Are you serious? Most decent companies/jobs here in the U.S will not touch a young inexperienced man unless he "knows someone". Even entry-level union factory jobs won't touch a young man without experience or a college degree. Nobody wants to train a young man and give him a chance. It's alot like the U.S dating scene in that regard. If you aren't a sexy canidate and don't have a great resume, they don't want you and never will. There has never been a worse time to be a young man.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by MattHanson1990 » June 10th, 2015, 1:34 am

GoingAwol wrote:Worldtraveler,
Are you serious? Most decent companies/jobs here in the U.S will not touch a young inexperienced man unless he "knows someone". Even entry-level union factory jobs won't touch a young man without experience or a college degree. Nobody wants to train a young man and give him a chance. It's alot like the U.S dating scene in that regard. If you aren't a sexy canidate and don't have a great resume, they don't want you and never will. There has never been a worse time to be a young man.


The job market is like the dating scene in every way just about. You can't just walk in; nearly every company has its job applicants apply online, which is a total waste of time and a joke. These personality tests are just a way for employers to screen out applicants. In addition, most companies give job preference to women these days. So the odds are still stacked against men REGARDLESS of their experience and qualifications.

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1440
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by HouseMD » June 10th, 2015, 1:39 am

I love when unemployed people tell employed people how the job market works, instead of listening and learning something that might help them not be destitute.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

-----

Post by Ghost » June 10th, 2015, 6:04 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5811
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by Cornfed » June 10th, 2015, 7:00 am

HouseMD wrote:I love when unemployed people tell employed people how the job market works, instead of listening and learning something that might help them not be destitute.

I consider my uncle an expert in the management of diabetes, since he has been successfully managing his condition for the last 50 years. By your apparent logic, I have that wrong and should consider myself and expert and him a clueless idiot, since he has diabetes and I don't.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster
Posts: 752
Joined: June 19th, 2014, 7:47 am

Re: Politically correct users are trolling the forum

Post by MattHanson1990 » June 14th, 2015, 7:51 am

Ghost wrote:
HouseMD wrote:I love when unemployed people tell employed people how the job market works, instead of listening and learning something that might help them not be destitute.


You do realize "we" unemployed people have tried what the employed people have told us and found it doesn't work?

Employment should be a means to an end. It's not realistic to say you'll never have to answer to a boss, but ideally it won't have to be forever. Much better to learn alternative ways to make money, greatly reduce your living expenses, and then expat to a third world country and live modestly. And having a job somewhere in there is all right too. But don't put all your eggs in one basket. I wish now that after college I would have not focused so much on a job market that wasn't there.


Employed people will tell us to follow up with the hiring manager within a week of applying. And has that actually worked? Did you somehow get bounced around departments or get voicemail? And did HR constantly interrupt you and try to end the conversation as soon as possible?

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”