Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby jamesbond » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Seventy percent of American males between the ages of 20 and 34 are not married, and many live in a state of “perpetual adolescence” with ominous consequences for the nation’s future, says Janice Shaw Crouse, author of “Marriage Matters.”

“Far too many young men have failed to make a normal progression into adult roles of responsibility and self-sufficiency, roles generally associated with marriage and fatherhood,” Crouse, the former executive director of the Beverly LaHaye Institute, wrote in a recent Washington Times oped.

The high percentage of bachelors means bleak prospects for millions of young women who dream about a wedding day that may never come. “It’s very, very depressing,” Crouse told CNSNews.com. “They’re not understanding how important it is for the culture, for society, for the strength of the nation to have strong families.”

After decades of feminism, Crouse noted that young men are now the ones who set the parameters for intimate relationships, and those increasingly do not include a wedding ring.

“And I know the feminists just yell and scream if you say anything like this, but time was, girls set the cultural morays, the standards, the parameters for intimate activity. The girls were the ones that set those boundaries. And now it’s the guys who do,” Crouse told CNSNews.com.

“And it’s doubly terrible because the colleges now are predominantly female. So you have some – up to 60 percent of the student bodies are female. And almost all of them are more than 50 percent female. And so the ratio [of] male/female is out of sync.

According to “projections based on census data, when today’s young adults reach their mid-40s to mid-50s, a record high share (25%) is likely to have never been married,” Pew Research noted in a 2014 study documenting the decline of marriage in the U.S.

But men are not entirely to blame for the steep decline in marriage, Crouse pointed out. “A lot of women fear marriage. While feminism is a spent force, the ultimate consequences of that philosophy is a whole generation of women who don’t want any man to tell them what to do, and don’t really understand the give and take that is necessary for a marriage relationship.”

“And that means the girls have to live by the guys’ demands. And that means less romance. They don’t date. The girls, I have talked to numerous young women, lament the fact that they don’t have the opportunity to dress up and go out for an event.”

“Feminism was supposed to bring women happiness,” Crouse said. “But the research shows that women today are much more unhappy then they have been in the past. They’ve ended up with far more opportunities, but their personal happiness is way down.”


Here is the link for the article, check out the comments at the end of the article!

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-hollingsworth/bachelor-nation-70-men-aged-20-34-are-not-married
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7492
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA







Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby Ghost » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 am

The tl;dr version: "Come back to the plantation! No, please!"

The high percentage of bachelors means bleak prospects for millions of young women who dream about a wedding day that may never come. “It’s very, very depressing,” Crouse told CNSNews.com. “They’re not understanding how important it is for the culture, for society, for the strength of the nation to have strong families.”


The author should get slapped for writing this. Oh, they understand how important it is...what they aren't is willing to sacrifice themselves for a system that seeks for their destruction.

Wall, feminists. Feminists, meet wall.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby WorldTraveler » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

This women is clueless. The problem rest 90% on women. They have little to no interest in dating men. Men want to go out with women, it's the women that don't have any desire to go out with men. The article is totally one-sided. If women end up unhappy it is their fault because they created this asexual no marriage environment. :evil:
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby S_Parc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:59 pm

This article, despite its underhanded way of blaming men, appears to corroborate with my Columbia University theory.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25683

Basically, the joint undergraduate Columbia-Barnard student body is 2:1 female to male, however, many of those women are un-dateable & f-cked up, and thus, Columbia guys go to other campus parties to find dates.

Thus, what happened at Columbia, circa 1989, is going to take over the entire USA by 2025. This down tick in marriages is only the start.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby WorldTraveler » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:24 am

S_Parc wrote:This article, despite its underhanded way of blaming men, appears to corroborate with my Columbia University theory.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25683

Basically, the joint undergraduate Columbia-Barnard student body is 2:1 female to male, however, many of those women are un-dateable & f-cked up, and thus, Columbia guys go to other campus parties to find dates.

Thus, what happened at Columbia, circa 1989, is going to take over the entire USA by 2025. This down tick in marriages is only the start.


Did you go to Columbia to college? I didn't realize how f***ed up Columbia is, but this explains a girl I recently dated. She was Japanese and had a graduate business degree from Columbia. Because I was well traveled and we had some common interests, I had 2 dates with her. She came across as almost asexual and was obsessed with her career.

Is it correct to conclude that the more liberal or high status the university is the more feminized it would be?

What I find with American women is the total lack of interest in sex. The author would like us to believe that American men are "getting the milk without buying the cow" thus men don't want to marry them. The reason men don't want to marry women is because the "cow provides no milk!" They have no interest in sex and many are cows...... and very stubborn cows; women who are confrontational. They are more interested in their career than being a wife or a mother. There is basically no reason to get married. The down tick in marriages is just the tip of the iceberg of the ice age that is coming!
WorldTraveler
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby S_Parc » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:49 am

WorldTraveler wrote:
S_Parc wrote:This article, despite its underhanded way of blaming men, appears to corroborate with my Columbia University theory.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25683

Basically, the joint undergraduate Columbia-Barnard student body is 2:1 female to male, however, many of those women are un-dateable & f-cked up, and thus, Columbia guys go to other campus parties to find dates.

Thus, what happened at Columbia, circa 1989, is going to take over the entire USA by 2025. This down tick in marriages is only the start.


Did you go to Columbia to college? I didn't realize how f***ed up Columbia is, but this explains a girl I recently dated. She was Japanese and had a graduate business degree from Columbia. Because I was well traveled and we had some common interests, I had 2 dates with her. She came across as almost asexual and was obsessed with her career.

Is it correct to conclude that the more liberal or high status the university is the more feminized it would be?

What I find with American women is the total lack of interest in sex. The author would like us to believe that American men are "getting the milk without buying the cow" thus men don't want to marry them. The reason men don't want to marry women is because the "cow provides no milk!" They have no interest in sex and many are cows...... and very stubborn cows; women who are confrontational. They are more interested in their career than being a wife or a mother. There is basically no reason to get married. The down tick in marriages is just the tip of the iceberg of the ice age that is coming!


I've gotten few Columbia graduate level courses but I'm not interested in completing a Masters from them. The place is a complete turn off, though the academics are pretty good.

And yes, most women there are f'cked up. I'm sure that that Japanese woman will completely take over her future husband's life and abuse him badly. Now that I think about, I believe that that's already happened to a friend of a friend, about 2 degrees of separation, at Columbia.

But I think Columbia is a strange animal in the sense that it eclipses all of its other co-ed elite schools like Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Duke, etc. A lot of it, I feel, is its connection to NYC. Being in NYC, seems to bring out the worst in these power politics/victim mentality whack job Femi-Nazis. It's hard to be noticed as some young juggernaut in a city where everyone wants to be *something*. And thus, a psychosis develops. The problem is that it's campus wide. I will never set foot on that campus again. Fortunately, the only ppl I know, who're still studying there, live in apartments off-campus. In fact, I might even meet 'em in New Jersey over the city, for I've lost my affinity for that place. Pretenders and wannabes don't impress me anymore and that's the soul of Manhattan, outside of the already well off bankers, media stars, and general rich ppl.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby Signet » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:41 am

"Being a woman means whatever the f**k I want, and don't you dare say a word about it. If you don't support my body positivity, perpetual outrage, and armpit hair, you are a mysogynist pig who should be buried in sewage.

...

Being a man means 'manning up' and providing for a woman, so do that already you manbabies."

I don't care what your personal views on being a [whatever] are, how is this not obvious, disgustingly hypocritical entitlement? How does it make it out of one's head, onto a keyboard/camera, and then onto the internet, without the person who wrote it slapping themselves in the face and deleting it for the sheer stupidity? How are there art projects about male entitlement getting carried on major websites with this sort of tripe being published by major websites simultaneously?
User avatar
Signet
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:25 am

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby starchild5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:48 pm

Ghost wrote:The tl;dr version: "Come back to the plantation! No, please!"

The high percentage of bachelors means bleak prospects for millions of young women who dream about a wedding day that may never come. “It’s very, very depressing,” Crouse told CNSNews.com. “They’re not understanding how important it is for the culture, for society, for the strength of the nation to have strong families.”


The author should get slapped for writing this. Oh, they understand how important it is...what they aren't is willing to sacrifice themselves for a system that seeks for their destruction.

Wall, feminists. Feminists, meet wall.


Very well said...Pure main stream propaganda. One sided diabolical look at things ....a good guy looses in the end in lame stream world...today or tomorrow...it is bound to happen..it didn't happen to your parents..but it will happen to you or to your child...its inevitable ....Americans are not that stupid as the media makes out...if you ask, any one of the 70% unmarried guys...the lame stream papers will not have the balls to print it.

I don't understand why American's still bother with lame stream society, media, government - There is overwhelming evidence that America is the most dangerous country for Americans.
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1661
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby jagulep » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:18 am

“...While feminism is a spent force, the ultimate consequences of that philosophy is a whole generation of women who don’t want any man to tell them what to do, and don’t really understand the give and take that is necessary for a marriage relationship.”

She was right about this one part though!
jagulep
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:46 am

jagulep wrote:“...While feminism is a spent force, the ultimate consequences of that philosophy is a whole generation of women who don’t want any man to tell them what to do, and don’t really understand the give and take that is necessary for a marriage relationship.”

She was right about this one part though!


That's actually... surprisingly insightful.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby Jonny Law » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:04 pm

Blacks have a Unwed Single Mother Rate of 72%.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/ns/health-womens_health/t/blacks-struggle-percent-unwed-mothers-rate/#.VQGpF46rEg8

"Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. Other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics."

-Newsflash-
Asians chicks make the best families in America and Blacks make the worst. According to news and math.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby Moretorque » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 pm

The Asians used to have only 10% unwed so maybe they are slipping ? this is plain RACISM against the black man.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby jamesbond » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:51 am

Jonny Law wrote:Blacks have a Unwed Single Mother Rate of 72%.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/ns/health-womens_health/t/blacks-struggle-percent-unwed-mothers-rate/#.VQGpF46rEg8

"Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. Other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics."

-Newsflash-
Asians chicks make the best families in America and Blacks make the worst. According to news and math.


Very interesting stats thanks for posting this information. I always assumed Asians were least likely to have kids out of wedlock and I found out that it's true! What can you say about blacks having an unwed birth rate of 72%, that is unbelievable. The black culture in America is really messed up big time.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7492
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby Jonny Law » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Moretorque wrote:The Asians used to have only 10% unwed so maybe they are slipping ? this is plain RACISM against the black man.


http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/ns/health-womens_health/t/blacks-struggle-percent-unwed-mothers-rate/#.VQGpF46rEg8

Yes Moretorque,

Math and NBC News are teaming up with Racism against the Back man. Because the 72% of Black children are born to single mothers. Excellent point.

Or

No Moretorque,

The belief in Feminism has failed in the Black Women.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture/2013/07/how_feminism_failed_black_women_its_time_for_a_new_way_to_address_our_issues.html

Thanks and enjoy :)
Last edited by Jonny Law on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny Law
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: 70% of Men Aged 20-34 in America Are Not Married

Postby jamesbond » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Interesting video explaining why men should not get married. :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpR0CumHpE[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7492
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests