Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The Dalai Lama Is An Idiot

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The Dalai Lama Is An Idiot

Postby Bao3niang » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:53 am

I am sure that many of you know what he said at a peace summit here in Vancouver. For those of you who don't know, he proclaimed that "the world will be saved by the Western woman." This 80-year old celibate (or is he?) monk knows nothing about reality, while we are all too familiar with the truth. I think he should go ahead by renouncing his monkhood and marry a Western woman to prove his 'hypothesis.' Personally, I don't see how sluts, bitches, and home wreckers can get even remotely close to saving anything. The Dalai Lama is a Western puppet, a wimp. China kicked him out, now he's going around the world hoping people will feel sorry for him and back him up against the "Communist" bullies. He has never done anything noteworthy.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Re: The Dalai Lama Is An Idiot

Postby MarcosZeitola » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:34 am

I honestly don't have anything against the old man, but I never knew him to say things like this. This may lower my opinion of him a little, then again, Western "spiritual" New Age chicks have been good to him and his cause. Why bite the hand that feeds you? I do believe the guy and his believers have been mistreated in the past, and are being mistreated as we speak. I respect the cause more then I respect the man. The man, ultimately, is a politician and way too close to various celebrities. Maybe he's getting senile?
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:57 am

Glad you are here man! I'm not a fan of being too high profile like the Dalai Lama, I would be a lot more humble and stay away from crowds.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Here's the problem ... Buddhism (and Taoism) also exist in Chinese culture. Plus, aspects of those philosophies exist in much of east and south Asia. Yet, for some reason, the Dalai Lama gets some sort of papal status, even though he's only the so-called pope of one subnationality, that of the Tibetans.

And for the most part, Tibet's ppl were 80-90% serfs up until his departure. Now, how is it that a so-called enlightened being, be the spokesperson for a feudal kingdom in diaspora, in the 21st century. Granted, ppl like Putin are snarky dictators but even he isn't asking for ppl in the former Soviet Union to go back to the days of feudalism or for that matter, American southerners, asking African-Americans to go back to the days of slavery.

IMHO, this guy is a clown. He is neither a spiritual guru nor a govt in absentia, he's a media star, basically buddies with Hollywood types like Richard Gere and others. If this guy wants to be let's say ... the bibliotech of Tibetan studies then be that, but don't go calling oneself a spiritual and secular leader of a nation and a religion.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby zacb » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:30 pm

The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:09 pm

zacb wrote:[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEOSCIOnrs [/youtube]

I'd also listened to Teller/Penn ragging on Mother Theresa and Gandhi, as well. All good stuff and true.

One of the reasons why I like Krishnamurti is that he rejected this whole deification and formation of guru/cult leaders.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions