Westernized / Western born and raised Asian women in Asia?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Westernized / Western born and raised Asian women in Asia?

Post by Bao3niang »

I think I have found a group whose experiences get even less coverage than white female expats. How good are the chances in the dating scene back in Asia for a woman of Asian descent born and raised in the West, or grew up in a Western country from a young age? Will she have more, less, or equal value compared to a native Asian female?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Westernized / Western born and raised Asian women in Asi

Post by S_Parc »

Bao3niang wrote:I think I have found a group whose experiences get even less coverage than white female expats. How good are the chances in the dating scene back in Asia for a woman of Asian descent born and raised in the West, or grew up in a Western country from a young age? Will she have more, less, or equal value compared to a native Asian female?
Here's one data point ... a pretty Japanese-American woman, who'd grown up and studied within the New York City to Boston corridor, got asked out, round the clock while she was in Boston.

She'd later married an investment banker in NYC, who BTW, worked for Goldman Sachs, and they'd bought some large house out in NJ. I believe they'd met in the Boston area, while he was doing his executive MBA at Harvard. I don't know if they're still together but you get the picture, she got the guy who my sister couldn't get.

Prior to meeting her future husband, she did a two year stint in Singapore, part of it was an internship but she'd also studied at their National University. During her time in Singapore, not one guy asked her out. She was quite distraught with that time period, according to her friends, because she'd never experienced not having attention from the guys.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

My observation so far is that an American woman is an American woman, regardless her race.

There is no difference if they are white, yellow, black, brown....

Asian women - even if their looks are merely basic in Asia and nobody will consider them as attractive - in Northern America they often receive a lot attention from men - the reason is maybe only the fact, that they are few and they are looking more feminine by body size compared to white women and not to talk about black women.

It is also known that Asian females, as long as they are children, are often subject to rather harsh treatment by their parents and forced into expensive studies, which those Asian parents are able and willing to pay. As a result Asian women appear often to be good educated and to be intelligent. I am however sceptical about their moral values. - As said, they are nothing else but American women of Asian origin. They often have no relationship to Asia anymore. They use English as their native language - clearly not the same as their parents, who are mostly immigrants and still holding a connection to their native country with their relatives and are native speakers of an Asian language.

I noticed that with many Asian-Americans, regardless from where they are coming - Japan, China, Vietnam etc. etc. The reaction of parents and children are quite different from each other.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

OK, I think I have the answer. There was a Chinese-Canadian (born and raised in Canada) female teacher at my school in Beijing and all she mingled with were the other (white) Canadian teachers. I don't think she would have been approached by a local Chinese guy if she went out. She looked more Southeast Asian than East Asian. As a male of East Asian origin, I find Hollywood actresses like Lucy Liu to not fit my tastes.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Bao3niang wrote:...There was a Chinese-Canadian (born and raised in Canada) female teacher at my school in Beijing and all she mingled with were the other (white) Canadian teachers. I don't think she would have been approached by a local Chinese guy if she went out. She looked more Southeast Asian than East Asian. As a male of East Asian origin, I find Hollywood actresses like Lucy Liu to not fit my tastes.
I don't think, it is about 'looks'. It is more about the behavior of that woman, which is truly nothing but American. Same with your example about 'Lucy Liu' - this person has no other background but USA, born in USA, living in USA, working in USA - this woman is NOT an Asian woman from Asia.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I mentioned her looks as a side point, nothing else. Yes, it is their behavior and their way of thinking that is no different to a Western woman. They ARE Western women that happen to be born in an Asian body. Two days ago I was at a Japanese restaurant for dinner, and I saw a loud Cantonese-Canadian woman in her 30s, who was with her two Canadian (white) male friends. One was dating a Chinese woman and the other one was with an Eurasian (Chinese / Caucasian). She dressed semi-slutty and made jokes about being Chinese. Another Cantonese-Canadian woman sitting at the table next to her was smoking cigarettes. I wanted to teach the first one a lesson. Lucy Lii, Janet Hsieh etc. would not be desirable in Asia. And don't get me started on Priscilla Chan.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Bao3niang wrote:And don't get me started on Priscilla Chan.
Priscilla married a billionaire. If anything, she's the most successful woman in the USA, who isn't even pretty. The other would be Eleanor Roosevelt, married to a President, but that was a century ago.

(I'm leaving the Martha Stewarts out of this conversation because they ran billion dollar corporations. That's making money the old fashioned way through commerce and trade, not being homely and marrying up.)

And frankly speaking, I don't see what makes Lucy Liu so sultry? I got that she's got an athletic build but my GF, also has a strong body but Mel's cute and doesn't look like some vapid b*tch.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.