Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


States Where People Get Remarried

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

States Where People Get Remarried

Postby Taco » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:46 pm

I thought this was interesting.

States Where People Get Remarried
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-states-where-remarrying-is-most-common-2015-3

Image
Last edited by Taco on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm







Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby S_Parc » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Taco wrote:I thought this was interesting.

States Where People Get Remarried
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-states-where-remarrying-is-most-common-2015-3


I can't believe that ppl actually re-marry.

If the first is a bust, then it's curtain call. At least that's my philosophy.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby jamesbond » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:24 am

I read a study that said the divorce rate goes up 10% every time a person get's remarried. For example the divorce rate for second marriages is 60%, for third marriages 70%, for fourth marriages 80% and for fifth marriages the divorce rate is 90%! :shock:

This just goes to show you, if your first marriage doesn't work out, probably no subsequent marriage will work out either.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby Taco » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:25 am

There's no doubt the reason women in Utah marry younger than most American women is because they practice sexual abstinence before marriage. The age of first marriage for women would be even younger in Utah but 30% of Utah women are not Mormons. The idea that sexual abstinence makes a young women crave a long term relationship with one man is shocking! Who knew?

Image
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby S_Parc » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:22 pm

jamesbond wrote:I read a study that said the divorce rate goes up 10% every time a person get's remarried. For example the divorce rate for second marriages is 60%, for third marriages 70%, for fourth marriages 80% and for fifth marriages the divorce rate is 90%! :shock:

This just goes to show you, if your first marriage doesn't work out, probably no subsequent marriage will work out either.


I believe in the *Go Big or Go Home* on this one.

Either one finds the love of one's life (which means being both best friends & lovers) and marries her, or forget about it.

For the most part, many ppl don't find themselves the right partner and thus, even if they don't divorce, they're still miserable. My sister and her husband are a perfect example of a miserably married couple who'll never divorce for religious and social reasons. If I were my brother in law, I'd rather commit suicide than to live with my sister.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby MrMan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:09 am

S_Parc wrote:I believe in the *Go Big or Go Home* on this one.

Either one finds the love of one's life (which means being both best friends & lovers) and marries her, or forget about it.

For the most part, many ppl don't find themselves the right partner and thus, even if they don't divorce, they're still miserable. My sister and her husband are a perfect example of a miserably married couple who'll never divorce for religious and social reasons. If I were my brother in law, I'd rather commit suicide than to live with my sister.


I think someone who expresses sentiments like yours could easily get divorced. There is this idea that if you are enough in love, you won't get a divorce. What keeps marriages together, partly, is commitment to the marriage. If the couple are both committed to marriage, that is motivation not to cheat, not to divorce, but also to work on the marriage. You could feel very much 'in love' with a woman, and she could be your best friend, but she could be a poor choice for a wife due to lack of commitment to marriage or other values or character issues.

IMO, a good choice of spouse is a woman who is not promiscuous (preferably a virgin), who embraces the ideas that her husband is in charge and that she must respect him and actually has character and personality to follow through on these beliefs. She is committed to satisfying her husband sexually and remaining faithful. She also wants to care for the home, and she believes divorcing if 'things don't work out' is immoral, so she is committed to fixing marriage problems rather than bailing.

If she marries a man who divorces if he gets bored, it won't work out. A man has to be a good at taking care of his wife, remain faithful, and be committed to working on the marriage if there are problems as well.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby S_Parc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:58 am

MrMan wrote:
S_Parc wrote:I believe in the *Go Big or Go Home* on this one.

Either one finds the love of one's life (which means being both best friends & lovers) and marries her, or forget about it.

For the most part, many ppl don't find themselves the right partner and thus, even if they don't divorce, they're still miserable. My sister and her husband are a perfect example of a miserably married couple who'll never divorce for religious and social reasons. If I were my brother in law, I'd rather commit suicide than to live with my sister.


I think someone who expresses sentiments like yours could easily get divorced. There is this idea that if you are enough in love, you won't get a divorce. What keeps marriages together, partly, is commitment to the marriage. If the couple are both committed to marriage, that is motivation not to cheat, not to divorce, but also to work on the marriage. You could feel very much 'in love' with a woman, and she could be your best friend, but she could be a poor choice for a wife due to lack of commitment to marriage or other values or character issues.

IMO, a good choice of spouse is a woman who is not promiscuous (preferably a virgin), who embraces the ideas that her husband is in charge and that she must respect him and actually has character and personality to follow through on these beliefs. She is committed to satisfying her husband sexually and remaining faithful. She also wants to care for the home, and she believes divorcing if 'things don't work out' is immoral, so she is committed to fixing marriage problems rather than bailing.

If she marries a man who divorces if he gets bored, it won't work out. A man has to be a good at taking care of his wife, remain faithful, and be committed to working on the marriage if there are problems as well.


Obviously, you're describing Mel right there. And yes, aside from being born a lesbian, I'm the only man she'd ever been with.

We'd known each other for well over a decade and a half. Most ppl can never say that, about their GFs. Plus, I don't need to be a solo leader here, we're co-Presidents of our association. Sometimes she takes the back seat and other times, she takes the lead. The master-disciple relationship isn't the key. It's more about trust and cooperation.

So yes, the love is obviously there, but so is the friendship and the sense of partnership. In modern day America, many ppl won't find such a person so unlike Marcos or Public, I don't recommend marriage to a majority of the ppl out there.

In America, many men are better off alone.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby Cornfed » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:59 am

S_Parc wrote:Obviously, you're describing Mel right there. And yes, aside from being born a lesbian, I'm the only man she'd ever been with.

We'd known each other for well over a decade and a half. Most ppl can never say that, about their GFs. Plus, I don't need to be a solo leader here, we're co-Presidents of our association. Sometimes she takes the back seat and other times, she takes the lead. The master-disciple relationship isn't the key. It's more about trust and cooperation.

So yes, the love is obviously there, but so is the friendship and the sense of partnership. In modern day America, many ppl won't find such a person so unlike Marcos or Public, I don't recommend marriage to a majority of the ppl out there.

In America, many men are better off alone.

Clearly you are not serving any higher purpose or constructing any society that is going to be better than the one before. So, given that, why bother to carry on? You can only carry on your pitiful antics to distract yourself from your own pointlessness for so long. When the novelty of what you are doing wears off, what will you do?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4654
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby S_Parc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Cornfed wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Obviously, you're describing Mel right there. And yes, aside from being born a lesbian, I'm the only man she'd ever been with.

We'd known each other for well over a decade and a half. Most ppl can never say that, about their GFs. Plus, I don't need to be a solo leader here, we're co-Presidents of our association. Sometimes she takes the back seat and other times, she takes the lead. The master-disciple relationship isn't the key. It's more about trust and cooperation.

So yes, the love is obviously there, but so is the friendship and the sense of partnership. In modern day America, many ppl won't find such a person so unlike Marcos or Public, I don't recommend marriage to a majority of the ppl out there.

In America, many men are better off alone.

Clearly you are not serving any higher purpose or constructing any society that is going to be better than the one before. So, given that, why bother to carry on? You can only carry on your pitiful antics to distract yourself from your own pointlessness for so long. When the novelty of what you are doing wears off, what will you do?


Actually Cornfed, none of us, read everyone alive today, is serving some so-called higher function.

My father had some delusion that he was advancing some aspect of the British Empire in modern times. Guess what, that Empire was dead, before he was born.

And you, with your idea that post-Armageddon, that you'll arise as some machinist/agricultural expert is no more delusional than those Jehovah's Witnesses, who believe that they're among the 600K chosen for the Kingdom on earth during the end of times.

So pleaz stop with this notion that someone here, can make major changes in society. We're all under the control of two factors, one is the rapid change in technology which is sweeping every land out there, as well as the corportization of many of our lives.

The question is ... do you want to face the future alone or be with someone? For me, I'll face it with my best friend. For you, you'll face it by yourself. Neither paths are wrong, however, unlike Marcos and others, I don't advocate relationships for everyone.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: States Where People Get Remarried

Postby S_Parc » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Cornfed wrote:You can only carry on your pitiful antics to distract yourself from your own pointlessness for so long. When the novelty of what you are doing wears off, what will you do?


BTW, speaking of novelty, let me tell you about my weekend. The weather was crummy so we stayed indoors for much of the time.

So we did some cooking, some cleaning, and laundry. Afterwards, we did some exercise. I'd also worked on a report for work.

So there you have it, the novelty has already worn off and we're living something known as life's routines. Would I like to do that weekend all over again? Absolutely, but sure, we all want sunnier days when available.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests