White american woman complains about dating in Hong kong

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

White american woman complains about dating in Hong kong

Post by Johnny »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: White american woman complains about dating in Hong kong

Post by pete98146 »

Unfortunately for all non Asian women, it's going to be the same complaint heard over and over and over again. The split second a non Asian lady steps foot in Asia, she loses all her leverage. Asia is a man's world where men have control of the dating scene and women compete for the affections of men. It's the complete opposite of the Western world.

As a result the Western woman, being set in her ways, refuses to roll up her sleeves and fight for a guy so she sits at home watching videos while her male counterparts are having the time of their lives. It's all poetic justice if you ask me :)
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

I have no sympathy (SIMPathy) for that woman.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

pete98146 wrote:Unfortunately for all non Asian women, it's going to be the same complaint heard over and over and over again. The split second a non Asian lady steps foot in Asia, she loses all her leverage. Asia is a man's world where men have control of the dating scene and women compete for the affections of men. It's the complete opposite of the Western world.

As a result the Western woman, being set in her ways, refuses to roll up her sleeves and fight for a guy so she sits at home watching videos while her male counterparts are having the time of their lives. It's all poetic justice if you ask me :)
Yup, I've heard similar stories when I was in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, many years ago. Also, American born a/o raised Asian women don't do to well there, if they post their holier than thou attitude towards others.

From the other thread, here's one data point ... a pretty Japanese-American woman, who'd grown up and studied within the New York City to Boston corridor, got asked out, round the clock while she was in Boston.

She'd later married an investment banker in NYC, who BTW, worked for Goldman Sachs, and they'd bought some large house out in NJ. I believe they'd met in the Boston area, while he was doing his executive MBA at Harvard. I don't know if they're still together but you get the picture, she got the guy who my sister couldn't get.

Prior to meeting her future husband, she did a two year stint in Singapore, part of it was an internship but she'd also studied at their National University. During her time in Singapore, not one guy asked her out. She was quite distraught with that time period, according to her friends, because she'd never experienced not having attention from the guys.

So if this woman couldn't get a man in east Asia, despite finding a banker husband in NYC/Boston, imagine a washed up white AW, with no remarkable features or characteristics.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

An expat woman working in Hong Kong can just decide to leave and try to find someone elsewhere if she's not getting any dates.

When I lived in Indonesia, my wife and I were friends with several expat young people before and after we got married. Two of them were roommates. They'd gone to the same college with with a beautiful local Indonesian girl. She got married about the same time as my wife and I. But the two white women didn't marry while we were there for several years, probably into their early 30's. One of them is not on Facebook. I don't know if she ever married. The other one doesn't appear to have married based on what I see on her Facebook page. She was actually quite pretty when she was young, on the heavier side of the range of a young attractive build (the type you suspect could blimp up a little as she aged). Now she's a bit stout, but has a nice face, but doesn't appear to have been married. Other Indonesian women in our group there got married off, some to western men.

I suspect some Indonesians would like to the looks of white women. But if the women are taller, that's not too interesting. If the Indonesian men think of them as from countries that are into women's rights, that's a turn off, too. I have seen some white women with Indonesian men, and know a couple here locally. It does happen.

Single women expats have to realize that's a risk of working abroad during their prime marrying years. I wasn't against marrying a white girl when I was young, but there were plenty of local Asian girls around. Knowing what I know now, I'd think submissiveness and respect toward the husband should be even higher on the list of priorities for a man looking for a wife, and North American and European women would have to somehow demonstrate those characteristics, when the local population is assumed to have them unless they show otherwise.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

pete98146 wrote:The split second a non Asian lady steps foot in Asia, she loses all her leverage.
Nice
pete98146 wrote:Asia is a man's world where men have control of the dating scene and women compete for the affections of men. It's the complete opposite of the Western world.
Even nicer :twisted:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've seen white women with Filipino guys in Cebu City a few times but everyone knows it won't last.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Taco,

Why won't it last?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MarkDY wrote:I have no sympathy (SIMPathy) for that woman.
Somebody's been watching Tommy Sotomayor/Sergeant Willie Pete videos. Nice. :-)
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Her story is very typical of white female expats. The Chinese saying to describe them would be "不自量力", translated as not measuring one's capabilities. Seriously, who is going to look at her when there are plenty of attractive (both on the outside and inside) Asian females? Even the talking voices of Anglo women annoy the crap out of me. 她们是真正的三八, haha. I'm not racist but being a fairly traditional Asian male I'd not even go for an Asian-Caucasian, as in mixed Caucasian-East Asian. I still feel that it is of great importance to preserve my Asianess and my ancestral origins to a large extent. If you really want to date white women in Asia there are the Tajik and Tatar ethnic minorities in China, but only a few of them, if any, would marry outside of their ethnic group. Western women are pretty much hopeless in Asia because their own men desire to settle down with local Asian women, and the Asian men prefer their own kind due to vast linguistic and cultural differences with Western women. There are some Chinese men who may have a thing or two for Western chicks, but it is nothing beyond finding them exotic for a while. They would not contemplate actually getting involved with one. Personally I was held by the exotic factor of WW up to the age of thirteen or fourteen, when I began a process of reverting back to my homeland when it came to females.

Chinese+Southeast Asian looks very good. East Asian features+slightly tan skin. I've seen plenty of attractive Chinese+Filipino, Chinese+Thai, Chinese+Indonesian, and Chinese+Vietnamese (Christy Chung is Westernized but still sexy).
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

To summarize, there is no benefit to getting involved with a Western woman in Asia for neither the Western male nor the Asian male. I'm sorry "ladies", you have entered the wrong arena.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

My favorite part of the story is how she decided the last white guy was not good dating material after all because his favorite author was Dan Brown, and not whatever answer she was looking for.

There's got to be more to it than that, but the way in which it was written seems criminally lacking in any sense of self-awareness.
johnnyderp
Freshman Poster

Post by johnnyderp »

She's a classic example of how badly most Anglosphere women age. She's already hit the wall hard, despite being quite young.

The other thing clearly exhibited here is the total lack of self-awareness in making behavioural changes when confronted with a more difficult dating situation. Rather than adapt to the local market and lower her price (as most men do in the same circumstances), she still has incredibly unrealistic expectations of her true self-worth. Which, let's face it, is very low.

But no, she still rejects a man for the most trivial of reasons and blames expat men for being more interested in the higher quality local women (gee, what a surprise). If she was somehow able to buy a new BMW or a 20 year old Hyundai for the same price, which one would she choose i wonder?