Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Post by jamesbond » May 12th, 2016, 1:26 am

Winston wrote:Have any of you ever wondered what it means to "be cool" as Americans define it?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

CB8
Freshman Poster

Post by CB8 » May 12th, 2016, 3:06 am

Being cool means that enough people like you that followers/sheep think joining in on liking you will make them likeable to others.
Being uncool means that enough people dislike you that followers/sheep think joining in on disliking you will make them likeable to others.

A cool person is someone who is completely comfortable following societal rules and thrives flawlessly in American culture. They are at ease blending into American society. To us, we find such people extremely fake, repulsive, and we would avoid them. To the average American, these people are heroes and role models.
You can also be cool if you're different, but then, it's largely dependent on luck. Afterall, Americans have a low tolerance for originality of any kind.

Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric » May 12th, 2016, 3:52 am

It doesn't mean a damn thing. Because it means different things to different people - it's going to end up pissing certain people off, attracting others - and yet alienating others. It's not a good idea. Really being cool is believing in God, and in applying that knowledge. It's an inner thing that shows through you no matter what. It will attract girls to you - as well. It's the only real way in my opinion.

All these other ways have problems and setbacks - you have to sell your soul to do it, and ultimately not worth it; they are ultimately destructive. You will lose quality as a human man, and then girls won't want you - ironically. The more quality you have, the more girls you will attract. It's very basic.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Post by MatureDJ » May 13th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » May 14th, 2016, 11:10 am

MatureDJ wrote:Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.
This good looking American woman must think Winston is pretty cool. :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque » May 14th, 2016, 11:55 am

Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!
Time to Hide!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » May 14th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!
Even dressed up like a clown, Winston is still very handsome! :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond » May 14th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Winston want's to look pretty for the ladies. :lol: