Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: What does "being cool" in America mean exactly?

Postby jamesbond » Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 am

Winston wrote:Have any of you ever wondered what it means to "be cool" as Americans define it?

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby CB8 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:06 am

Being cool means that enough people like you that followers/sheep think joining in on liking you will make them likeable to others.
Being uncool means that enough people dislike you that followers/sheep think joining in on disliking you will make them likeable to others.

A cool person is someone who is completely comfortable following societal rules and thrives flawlessly in American culture. They are at ease blending into American society. To us, we find such people extremely fake, repulsive, and we would avoid them. To the average American, these people are heroes and role models.
You can also be cool if you're different, but then, it's largely dependent on luck. Afterall, Americans have a low tolerance for originality of any kind.
CB8
Freshman Poster

Postby Eric » Thu May 12, 2016 2:52 am

It doesn't mean a damn thing. Because it means different things to different people - it's going to end up pissing certain people off, attracting others - and yet alienating others. It's not a good idea. Really being cool is believing in God, and in applying that knowledge. It's an inner thing that shows through you no matter what. It will attract girls to you - as well. It's the only real way in my opinion.

All these other ways have problems and setbacks - you have to sell your soul to do it, and ultimately not worth it; they are ultimately destructive. You will lose quality as a human man, and then girls won't want you - ironically. The more quality you have, the more girls you will attract. It's very basic.
-"Virescit vulnere virtus"
Eric
Junior Poster

Postby MatureDJ » Fri May 13, 2016 10:28 pm

Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat May 14, 2016 10:10 am

MatureDJ wrote:Let's face the facts. By us being at this very forum, we are considered uncool by American women, or at least attractive American women.

This good looking American woman must think Winston is pretty cool. :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sat May 14, 2016 10:55 am

Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat May 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Moretorque wrote:Mr. Wu, he is so handsome......... :D , I think I might be in love!

Even dressed up like a clown, Winston is still very handsome! :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat May 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Winston want's to look pretty for the ladies. :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions