Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Don't marry, after the age bracket of 45-50

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Don't marry, after the age bracket of 45-50

Postby S_Parc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:21 pm

I have a theory about marriage and timing.

There are two pieces to the story. The first is that if one wants to marry an American (or Canadian) woman, you had to meet her before 25. And in many ways, my own personal story correlates with that, as I'd met Mel during college. We'd been best friends for ages, and now that we're in our 30s, we're settling down, as Mel had realized that lesbian relationships seldom work out long term, if ever. And that men are obviously better than AWs. I concur with her realizations.

So most ppl here will not be marrying an AW.

And then, as for international marriages, there too, I believe that one should tie the knot, somewhere between 35 and 45 and not over 50. The idea here is that as one exits one's 30, one's personality starts to solidify and then, it's difficult to make significant changes. And what relationships are about is being able to adapt and make compromises with one's significant other. No two ppl are exactly like.

If a guy is single, never married at 45, chances are, he's used to flying solo and having someone in his personal space, may not work out. BTW, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn are basically a common law married couple and simply lack the certificate from the state, so they don't count.

The thing here is that a fella shouldn't go back and forth in his head, about this issue once he hits 40. It should be somewhat clear, where his destiny lies. And then, with that clarity, make a decision to find a real bride, ala Vietnam, Philippines, Brazil, etc, or stay single and just have periodic GFs.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Don't marry, after the age bracket of 45-50

Postby MarcosZeitola » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Mostly true, but it's good not think in absolutes too much. Plenty of men have established happy relationships and marriages after the age of fifty or even sixty. I know a man in my grandmother's village who remained a bachelor for all of his life, saving up a huge amount of money as he focused solely on his business. At the age of 65, he surprised friend and foe by coming home with a twenty-something Filipina girl, who he quickly married and had two children with. Now, more then ten years later, he's still living the good life and appears happy as a clam, much to the dismay of more conservative people his age who would have rather seen him marry a middle aged "age appropriate" lady.

Now this man was probably very set in his ways by the time he decided to tie the knot, but it did not impair his happiness. There's plenty more examples of men who married later in life, even on this site I can think of several, although I think for most of them it was not a first marriage. If I had not gotten married now at a young age, I might have gotten married later in life too. Whatever works, works.

Now as far as destiny goes, some people have a clear destiny. They know what they want, they have clear-cut goals and a timeframe. Others are dreamers who just float through life and see where things take them. I'm pretty sure if you told your young self about your current life with Mel, S_Parc, that you would not have believed it! :D
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:Mostly true, but it's good not think in absolutes too much. Plenty of men have established happy relationships and marriages after the age of fifty or even sixty. I know a man in my grandmother's village who remained a bachelor for all of his life, saving up a huge amount of money as he focused solely on his business. At the age of 65, he surprised friend and foe by coming home with a twenty-something Filipina girl, who he quickly married and had two children with. Now, more then ten years later, he's still living the good life and appears happy as a clam, much to the dismay of more conservative people his age who would have rather seen him marry a middle aged "age appropriate" lady.

Now this man was probably very set in his ways by the time he decided to tie the knot, but it did not impair his happiness. There's plenty more examples of men who married later in life, even on this site I can think of several, although I think for most of them it was not a first marriage. If I had not gotten married now at a young age, I might have gotten married later in life too. Whatever works, works.

On the whole, outside of marrying a young Muslim, many of those late marriages, tend to be the 2nd one.

I also knew of a senior citizen, who'd married a Laotian woman in her 20s, but they'd divorced in a decade. I'm not sure if it was his 2nd marriage.

MarcosZeitola wrote:Now as far as destiny goes, some people have a clear destiny. They know what they want, they have clear-cut goals and a timeframe. Others are dreamers who just float through life and see where things take them. I'm pretty sure if you told your young self about your current life with Mel, S_Parc, that you would not have believed it! :D

Yes, I believe that Winston is one of those dreamers, which is why he sees soulmates at every corner of the globe.

In terms of the time travel story, it would have to be present day Mel, going back and telling her that women were not the answer but that it was her best friend. Then, the younger Mel would have to buy into it and tell me about the time travel experience and I'd probably be quite open to the notion. But if it were solely me, telling myself, I'd think that it was a doppelganger, playing a practical joke :wink:
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 am

In Sandman's "Baltic Women" video, he spends the second half taking about how Bernays et al. got societal changes (and product sales) going by means of marketing.
I think, should there be some perceived need, Hollywood & Madison Ave already have in the can plenty of material re-promoting the Father Knows Best, 2.3 kids and white picket fence lifestyle -- just in case the "import replacements from poorer countries" tack doesn't work.

If you're old enough to remember issues tackled on shows like "All In the Family", "The Jeffersons", "Diff'rent Strokes", "Family Ties", and others from that era, you know how quickly opinions once accepted as unassailable truth can become verboten -- and vice versa.
Another half decade of paying her own expenses and reading "Why Older Men Make Great Husbands (wallets)" articles, and older men might not be so safe from the preacher, after all. :shock:

A Moretorque might say, "time to hide". :mrgreen:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby Taco » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:32 am

I married my Filipina at age 45 and the love boat is still sailing.
Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero – Voltaire

We know that the next economic crash (every 7 years) is coming soon, because these crashes are deliberately timed to coincide with the U.S. presidential cycle. – Jeff Nielson
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:00 pm

I think he is right about for the most part of the age 50 and above.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Taco wrote:I married my Filipina at age 45 and the love boat is still sailing.

You still made that decision during the borderline time period.

I suspect that if you were entering 45, and going back/forth in your head if you needed a long companion (basically queuing off other ppl's ideas of what a 45 year old should be doing), that it may not have happened.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:11 am

This is a very interesting post!!! I myself have just turned 42 years old back in January 25, 2015!! I have never been married and I don't have any children. However I don't feel the rush to get married anytime soon. Also, I'm not part of the dating scene either. But to make myself clear, I am NOT gay and I don't hate women or kids.

However, I do understand that in America the legal system is pretty much stacked up against men when it comes to divorce and family courts should you marry the wrong woman. Even long-term cohabitation is not safe because in many states such living arrangements are considered "common law" marriages. Divorce can be an expensive and lengthy process. Alimony and child-support payments can be excessive and if the man can't pay it or refuses, he can be sent to prison!!! Not to mention the splitting of assets (houses, business, etc.), child custody/visitation battles could be hard on both the parents and children. And with America now having among the highest divorce rates in the world (50-60%), increasingly more men (especially younger guys of the Gen Y crowd) are not getting married or even dating as highlighted in the book "MEN ON STRIKE" by Dr. Helen Smith.

Of course, one can go travel OUTSIDE America to find a beautiful foreign bride. I think there are many advantages to this move. One is that many foreign women (particularly those from developing nations) are not heavily influenced by RADICAL FEMINISM OR MATERIALISM. That is because many were raised in societies that are more communal, pro-marriage, pro-family, pro-male, traditional/ conservative with gender roles and a far better work-life balance. This is partly due to the strong religious influences such as the Roman Catholic, Orthodox, or Protestant churches have in certain regions of the world (Latin America, Eastern Europe, Russia, Southeast Asia, etc.). The second is that foreign women tend to be more accepting of huge age differences ( 20, 30 or more years) and in some cases PREFER MUCH OLDER MEN!!! The Philippines is one of the best examples of this fact.

However, the challenges to finding and bring a foreign bride back to the U.S. is both the expense of overseas travel and the lengthy immigration process. Then there is the language barrier depending (unless you take language courses )on which country you choose to go example; Brazil (Portuguese), most of Latin America (Spanish), etc. Also one has to watch out for SCAM ARTISTS as well. But overall, if one decides to marry before of after the age bracket of 45 to 50, I really think choosing a HOT AND YOUNG FOREIGN WOMAN along with expatriating yourself OUTSIDE THE AMERICAN MATRIX is the best option.
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions