Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I know Miss World is pure political propaganda, but....

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

I know Miss World is pure political propaganda, but....

Postby Bao3niang » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Why is Miss Philippines NEVER someone of pure Filipino blood or even Chinese-Filipino (both ethnic Chinese and Filipino / Chinese)? Why does it always have to be someone who is Filipino+50% of some kind of white or at least 1/4 Caucasian? I know Western beauty standards reign supreme, but like the half black woman representing Japan I feel like these kinds simply do not represent their country well. If I remember correctly, Malaysia is beginning to limit the number of Asian-Caucasian models in media and advertisements to use more Malay models that truly represent the country and its population. I believe it is a step in the right direction. Sigh.... When will Asia break free of colonial influence?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Re: I know Miss World is pure political propaganda, but....

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Honestly, Bao, as much as I agree with you on how sad the effects of colonialism are at times... there IS still a Mestizo upperclass in the Philippines and half-white (and often, half-Indian offspring as well) are seen as more attractive then "pure" Filipino people. Now this sucks on a number of levels, but for me as a white man it's an advantage because it gives my children kind of a headstart in life, in the Philippines. There have literally been DOZENS of women who have set my daughter up with their sons or grandsons already, if not hundreds lol. She's already turning heads at little over a year, and people tell my wife how she's going to be a model one day and represent her province and maybe even her country.

If I were a Filipino man, married to a Filipino woman, I would resent this. Because it would mean my pure Filipina daughter is at a disadvantaged and mixed children are at an advantage. But as a white man with a sense of reality, I see the opportunity in this. Why not make use of it?

Now as for you, Bao, Chinese Filipino's have a reputation of being very bright. My best Filipino friend, who is like a brother to me, has told me of how much he respects Chinese Filipino people and how they influenced him and served as a surrogate family for him as he was a teenager. Chinese Filipino's taught him everything he knows about hard work and perseverence. Now he is married to beautiful girl from the mountains and he has told me that they will name their children by "traditional Filipino names", because he dislikes how they all seem to get Americanized names nowadays. I think you and him would get along, Bao. And since his wife is a fair-skinned Filipina and he is a tall man, perhaps their daughter will be a future Miss Philippines, but one of 100% pure Filipino stock? Always keep hoping for the best. ;)
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:51 pm

thank you bro, you always inspire me.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:23 pm

MarcosZeitola wrote:"traditional Filipino names", because he dislikes how they all seem to get Americanized names nowadays.

What are some examples of pure filipino names?

I actually quite like how some of them have english names, and I like it even more when they have spanish names because I'm spanish, although sometimes a spanish sounding name isn't really spanish. But as long as it sounds nice and it's easy to pronounce, I don't mind the origin. What I really don't want is to end up with some girl with a weird, unpronouncable name. Which reminds me, I really dislike Thai names. Pik, Puk, Plum, Plim, Flam, Plop, no that's horrible.

"Hi, this is my wife, Plop. What? What are you laughing at?"
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Bao3niang » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:54 pm

LOLOLOLOLOL
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Return to General Discussions