Employment: Extroverts vs. Introverts

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Employment: Extroverts vs. Introverts

Post by Tsar »

Are there more extroverted men employed in America compared to introverted men? (especially among Millennials) What do you think?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Employment: Extroverts vs. Introverts

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hello, my fellow H.A. members!!! On this post I have found an interesting link as it relates to INTROVERTS and employment:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-jobs-for-introverts

"THE 10 BEST JOBS FOR INTROVERTS"

1.) PETROLEUM GEOLOGIST
Median annual pay: $124,500

2.) STATICTIAN
Median annual pay: $71,400

3.) PRIVATE CHEF
Median annual pay: $60,800

4.) VIDEO GAME ARTIST
Median annual pay: $50,800

5.) FINE ARTIST (PAINTER, SCULPTOR, ILLUSTRATOR)
Median annual pay: $42,100

6.) WEB DEVELOPER
Median annual pay: $56,000

7.) ARCHIVIST, CURATOR, OR MUSEUM TECHNICIAN
Median annual pay: $38,300

8.) FORESTER
Median annual pay: $48,000

9.) SMALL-ENGINE MECANIC
Median annual pay: $30,100

10.) SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Median annual pay: $45,000
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Hello, my fellow H.A. members!!! On this post I have found an interesting link as it relates to INTROVERTS and employment:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-jobs-for-introverts

"THE 10 BEST JOBS FOR INTROVERTS"

1.) PETROLEUM GEOLOGIST
Median annual pay: $124,500

2.) STATICTIAN
Median annual pay: $71,400

3.) PRIVATE CHEF
Median annual pay: $60,800

4.) VIDEO GAME ARTIST
Median annual pay: $50,800

5.) FINE ARTIST (PAINTER, SCULPTOR, ILLUSTRATOR)
Median annual pay: $42,100

6.) WEB DEVELOPER
Median annual pay: $56,000

7.) ARCHIVIST, CURATOR, OR MUSEUM TECHNICIAN
Median annual pay: $38,300

8.) FORESTER
Median annual pay: $48,000

9.) SMALL-ENGINE MECANIC
Median annual pay: $30,100

10.) SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Median annual pay: $45,000
Statistic boy, where have you been my whole life?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:Are there more extroverted men employed in America compared to introverted men? (especially among Millennials) What do you think?
Introversion may have something to do with it, but is surely not a primary issue. I'm introverted, but that's not why I've had trouble getting a good job. Extroverts will fall into social jobs more naturally. I've worked mostly social jobs where I have to work with people, and I'm introverted. Introversion does not equal shyness or social anxiety or lack of social skills; it just means that a little social interaction goes a long way for introverts and they usually need to "recharge" afterwards.
Tsar will always find an excuse not to do anything....Analysis Paralysis....Ill bet his next thread will be whether or not Introverts do well abroad..... :roll:
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

"Analysis Paralysis"

+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The wrote:Tsar will always find an excuse not to do anything....Analysis Paralysis....Ill bet his next thread will be whether or not Introverts do well abroad..... :roll:
Also, Tsar lives in the New England region, not northern Idaho. If anything, he's in civilization, not the dark side of the moon.

If he can't spend the time to learn Russian and start to communicate with senior citizens of the ex-Soviet diasporas, many of whom, live between NYC and Portland ME, then he'll never overcome his inherent shyness and be able to talk to eastern European women in his age bracket.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Tsar wrote:Are there more extroverted men employed in America compared to introverted men? (especially among Millennials) What do you think?
Don't break your mind over any of these question, it is pointless. Instead, focus on your own success and happiness. How's your book going, your website, and your plans to either become an au pair abroad or join the marines? Update us, brother.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Ghost wrote:
S_Parc wrote:
The wrote:Tsar will always find an excuse not to do anything....Analysis Paralysis....Ill bet his next thread will be whether or not Introverts do well abroad..... :roll:
Also, Tsar lives in the New England region, not northern Idaho. If anything, he's in civilization, not the dark side of the moon.

If he can't spend the time to learn Russian and start to communicate with senior citizens of the ex-Soviet diasporas, many of whom, live between NYC and Portland ME, then he'll never overcome his inherent shyness and be able to talk to eastern European women in his age bracket.
Good point. If social anxiety is his problem and he can't overcome it for job-seeking, a bride is far out of the question.

And as to meeting Russians/FSU people in the New England area, I could've gotten him a better situation: a teaching job in a Northern Chinese city with lots of Russians in it that he could meet. Considering how long ago I gave him this advice (note that his chances would've been damn near 100% of pulling off this simple plan) he could have been there weeks ago starting on his life and dream. But he's still sitting on his a**, as we all knew he would. I'm harsh on him, but that's because I've offered him so much help but he refused all of it. I take that personally, like a slap in the face because it has happened about three or four times. And every time he fails to act. Now I wouldn't help him unless he paid me.
This is sad, why does he feel so helpless like he can't change his life. I noticed a lot of American men are this way these days.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

eurobrat wrote:
Ghost wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Also, Tsar lives in the New England region, not northern Idaho. If anything, he's in civilization, not the dark side of the moon.

Good point. If social anxiety is his problem and he can't overcome it for job-seeking, a bride is far out of the question.

And as to meeting Russians/FSU people in the New England area, I could've gotten him a better situation: a teaching job in a Northern Chinese city with lots of Russians in it that he could meet. Considering how long ago I gave him this advice (note that his chances would've been damn near 100% of pulling off this simple plan) he could have been there weeks ago starting on his life and dream. But he's still sitting on his a**, as we all knew he would. I'm harsh on him, but that's because I've offered him so much help but he refused all of it. I take that personally, like a slap in the face because it has happened about three or four times. And every time he fails to act. Now I wouldn't help him unless he paid me.
This is sad, why does he feel so helpless like he can't change his life. I noticed a lot of American men are this way these days.
The issue with long term procrastination is that Father time spares no one. For the most part, one's twenties are generally when one is most energetic and capable of making something happen. Newton, Einstein, Metallica, etc, mainly did their best work during those years. Sure, there are the Frank Lloyd Wrights, who'd busted out huge during their latter years, but in general, those fellas were doing the ground work, during their 20s to early 30s, prior to their highly productive elder years.

In contrast, Tsar is watching and waiting and at this point in time, he's past that demarcation of 25. Normally, the young kid to young adult transition happens circa ~17 or at latest, ~24. I'm giving him exactly 3-4 years left to make a switch. Afterwards, it's curtain call because I'd never met a thirtysomething, who couldn't at least make some conversation with a senior citizen, whether it's about the weather, his vehicle, or his prior experiences in Nam. I was having those conversations as a kid, even though I was generally shy back then. And finally, I'd busted the cocoon of shyness at 17. Nothing in my life would have happened, had I not started on that, all those years ago.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Ghost wrote:And as to meeting Russians/FSU people in the New England area, I could've gotten him a better situation: a teaching job in a Northern Chinese city with lots of Russians in it that he could meet. Considering how long ago I gave him this advice (note that his chances would've been damn near 100% of pulling off this simple plan) he could have been there weeks ago starting on his life and dream. But he's still sitting on his a**, as we all knew he would.
+1
That's awesome man
How do you think those areas are to find nice russian women? (or even maybe vladivostok)
I figure Russians in east Asia aren't too spoiled but I could be wrong.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Like always any thread I post goes off-topic and makes me a target. I don't know why I bother posting anything on this forum anymore when 99% of the members are jerks and assholes to me all the time. Too bad there isn't a delete account option on the user control panel.

Relating to Ghost's topic I would have liked to have gone to China and began teaching English months ago BUT it isn't free.

Cost of CELTA certification in China: 11,500 RMB =$1850.67 USD (May 5, 2015 exchange rate)
Latest course in 2015: August 3-28
One-way ticket to China (assuming I booked the flight today and left on August 1): $1,256.80 for Hainan Airlines
Flight 482

Cost per night to stay in a hotel: http://www.ihbeijing.com/celta/faqs.html can reserve one for the student for $45.09 USD per night. $1,262.52 for a 28 day stay. A hostel could be rented for maybe $10 cheaper but for that price a hotel reserved by the program might be better.

$135 is the cost to renew my US passport, I would need to pay for about 4 weeks of lodging and 4 weeks of food while I take the CELTA certification, I might need a round-trip ticket to enter China, and the travel visa to be allowed to enter China costs $140 for Americans. Assuming I stay in a Hostel from August

$1,850.67 Cost to become CELTA certified
$1,256.80 One-Way Ticket
$1,262.52 28-day stay in a Beijing hotel
$135 U.S. Passport Renewal
$140 Chinese Entry Visa
=$4,644.99

*Food, any necessary transportation to and from the airport, and any medical care, or travelers insurance, making the ticket round-trip if necessary, or any airline baggage fees not included. Cost of getting a laptop or going to an internet cafe is not included, are those optional? Cost of buying a suitcase is not included. Increase the above figure. An estimated total for the entire trip could go as high as $7,000.

I would follow Ghost's advice and know that doing the program in China will give me a very good chance of getting a job teaching English somewhere in China. The program is how do I come up with the money?

Tell me where I can get free money to afford everything? My annual net cash income is around $6,000 at the moment. That equals out to $500 a month in America.

Did 90% of the members on HappierAbroad fail their f***ing math classes in high school or college? Or do all of you just have no f***ing idea of the expenses and think anyone and everyone can afford a $5,000 or 7,000 expense?

ANSWER MY f***ing QUESTION: HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO RAISE THE MONEY? Do most of the people posting in this thread have no idea that not everyone can come up with the funds to afford a large expense?

So yes, I'm sitting here in America, working on some of the projects Marcos mentioned while I'm trying to save for something like going to China to get the CELTA certification and teach English.

Once I go to China, my U.S. income ends effectively putting me at $0 income and only expenses. Should I try getting a personal loan to do something I can't afford and maybe be stuck repaying the loan for 5 years (if that's even allowed and take a moderate risk that I end up defaulting on the loan ruining my near Excellent credit rating?)? I won't go more than $3,000 into debt for anything and it would take one-year for me to pay off a $3,000 loan.

Since most of you are all quick to judge, let's see how many of you are quick to talk numbers and the cost of me going to China to get my CELTA certification which would allow me to teach English?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

S_Parc wrote:The issue with long term procrastination is that Father time spares no one. For the most part, one's twenties are generally when one is most energetic and capable of making something happen. Newton, Einstein, Metallica, etc, mainly did their best work during those years. Sure, there are the Frank Lloyd Wrights, who'd busted out huge during their latter years, but in general, those fellas were doing the ground work, during their 20s to early 30s, prior to their highly productive elder years.

In contrast, Tsar is watching and waiting and at this point in time, he's past that demarcation of 25. Normally, the young kid to young adult transition happens circa ~17 or at latest, ~24. I'm giving him exactly 3-4 years left to make a switch. Afterwards, it's curtain call because I'd never met a thirtysomething, who couldn't at least make some conversation with a senior citizen, whether it's about the weather, his vehicle, or his prior experiences in Nam. I was having those conversations as a kid, even though I was generally shy back then. And finally, I'd busted the cocoon of shyness at 17. Nothing in my life would have happened, had I not started on that, all those years ago.
How do you expect me to afford to do anything? The only thing I can do is wait to try to save a little money to do something. What can a person do when their annual cash income is around $500/month? Everything in life costs money.

Your right that I don't want to make conversations with any random person because it doesn't come natural to me. It's not shyness, it's not knowing how because I've always been alone. Ever since high school all I had were a few good acquaintances but no friends, in college I had no friends, and up to now I've had no friends. So that's why it doesn't come too natural to me.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

eurobrat wrote:This is sad, why does he feel so helpless like he can't change his life. I noticed a lot of American men are this way these days.
I don't feel helpless that I can't change my life. I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO CHANGE MY LIFE. Everything in life costs $$$MONEY$$$.