Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


It was barely 3 years ago when I posted this..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

It was barely 3 years ago when I posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:40 am

S_Parc wrote:Fellas, it's been a while since I'd posted. In particular, I was getting a bit bored of all the troll/flame wars about pretty much nothing.

What I noticed that's change, since I'd taken a short break, is that my opinion on dating/relationships have completely solidified. In general, right now, I have zero interest in women, foreign or American. I notice that frequent posterers here, still have that pining for someone *special*, that 'Little House on the Prairie' gal but from another continent. Well .. for those guys, good luck, but my sense is that your chances will dwindle in the decades ahead, as the world gets hooked, via Hand held tablets and media on-demand. I don't see this trend slowing down anytime soon. It's what some call the Digital Frontier and now, it's no longer an American thing but a global malaise.

Seeing escorts on a scheduled basis (Quebec is my nearest Canadian outlet), has really liberated my psyche from the nonsense of this idea ... that men need women. In reality, it's basically not true. Since my last relationship with a Brazilian woman had ended, I've been pretty much, boycotted all relationships. And now, it's normal; I see no reason to have someone *special* in my life. I like to work, take classes, do my hobbies, and periodically boink. And once the aforementioned are carried out, then life is good.


Ok, the above was me, some three years ago and next spring, I'll be marrying my former classmate, an AW who was born a lesbian, talk about irony.

A lot has changed in such a short period of time, almost to the point where I barely recognize my older, more cynical self. On the flip side, I do believe that my prior self was in fact, correct for a large percentage of the US population. It's just somehow, the hand of fate had dealt me a different hand so I can't feel that same level of cynicism right now.

Still, from a policy p.o.v, I'd think that more men are better suited to the older S_Parc's thinking than the present one.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm







Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 05, 2015 5:50 am

Even aging AW dykes accompanied by anatomically correct mannequins are now capable of seducing men to ruin? How much lower can things go?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 6:11 am

Cornfed wrote:Even aging AW dykes accompanied by anatomically correct mannequins are now capable of seducing men to ruin? How much lower can things go?


If you want to spend the rest of your life alone, so be it. At least I have a choice. I'm ready to be alone, however, I choose to spend my life with my best friend. She'd always been good to me and that's never changed.

I don't mind you talking trash about others, but Mel works out, 7 days per week w/ good vitamins and supplements. She looks no older than 31, even though both of us are in our mid-to-late-30s. Both of us look good for our respective ages.

Say what you want ... but we'd known each other for over a decade and a half. I'm sure you don't even have a single friend, who you'd known for so long. And yes, we were platonic friends, all of that time. Periodically, once in a while, platonic friendships develop into something else. That's life, I simply live it.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 05, 2015 6:42 am

How is what you are doing not an even stupider version of some beta orbiter chump marrying a basically heterosexual AW slut after she has been f***ed by innumerable dirtbags? Most of them say the same kind of things.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue May 05, 2015 6:50 am

It's amazing to see how much life can change in a short period of time. Three years ago my life was very different as well, and I wonder how it will be in three years from now. Sometimes love comes to you when you've already given up... hell, sometimes it even comes to you when you are avoiding it, or actively pushing it away when it comes to you, and STILL it gets to you. That's the power of love. It's just not predictable at all.

This just goes to show you, how it's okay to be put things "on hold", but unwise to say "never". Keep an open mind going through life, and see where life takes you. You may be pleasantly surprised whe you do. That goes for you too, Cornfed. :D
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 7:01 am

Cornfed wrote:How is what you are doing not an even stupider version of some beta orbiter chump marrying a basically heterosexual AW slut after she has been f***ed by innumerable dirtbags? Most of them say the same kind of things.


If you say so because unlike them, Mel's quit on women, altogether. She barely has any female friends anymore. I'm the only man she'd ever had. If Mel were a bisexual, this would not have happened.

Most heterosexual women, however, even if they find a nice guy, daydream about douchebags. In contrast, Mel sees women for what they are ... a bunch of lying, hypocritical, self-centered hoes. The only difference between her mind and my own, is that she's physically, though not emotionally, attracted to women. I'd known this since college, which is why I'd never considered this a possibility, earlier on.

So I'd never orbited her. It's more like she'd orbited me, once she'd realized she was happy being with me. I'm not trying to imply that I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread, however, when a person recognizes the real deal, it just happens, from time to time.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 7:08 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:It's amazing to see how much life can change in a short period of time. Three years ago my life was very different as well, and I wonder how it will be in three years from now. Sometimes love comes to you when you've already given up... hell, sometimes it even comes to you when you are avoiding it, or actively pushing it away when it comes to you, and STILL it gets to you. That's the power of love. It's just not predictable at all.

This just goes to show you, how it's okay to be put things "on hold", but unwise to say "never". Keep an open mind going through life, and see where life takes you. You may be pleasantly surprised whe you do. That goes for you too, Cornfed. :D


Marcos, I like your upbeat attitude but I do believe that Mel and I are a rare phenomena, esp for this side of the Pond.

Cornfed is cynical and disbelieving, however, I wish he'd aim his anger towards mainstream society and not at Mel directly. Really, she's a nice person and has always been good to me, for the entire time I'd known her.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue May 05, 2015 7:16 am

S_Parc wrote:Marcos, I like your upbeat attitude but I do believe that Mel and I are a rare phenomena, esp for this side of the Pond.


Quality women are a rare phenomenon anywhere. As are quality men, nowadays. But if you view a shot at happiness as some magical unicorn you are unlikely to ever find, that leaves you with quite a bleak outlook in life. Negativity is never a good mindset, and neither is negativity masquerading as "realism".

S_Parc wrote:Cornfed is cynical and disbelieving, however, I wish he'd aim his anger towards mainstream society and not at Mel directly. Really, she's a nice person and has always been good to me, for the entire time I'd known her.


Aiming his anger at meanstream society in general would also be pointless. If you are unhappy in the society you live in, seek to escape it. Or, as you did, find your own little safe haven in it. Key is to be productive and pro-active. Too many men here are overly negative and pessimistic. They wallow in self-pity, rage impotently against the society and culture that wronged them, but take no steps to overcome their difficulties, improve their lives or even just their state of mind. I find that sad, as it is counterproductive and detrimental to their own interests.

We must also enjoy the successes of others, and not display a crab mentality where we pull a brother down when he's made it. You made it, you are a lucky man, so kudos to you! I bet three years ago if someone had told you you'd get married in the spring of 2015, you would have called him crazy.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 7:22 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Marcos, I like your upbeat attitude but I do believe that Mel and I are a rare phenomena, esp for this side of the Pond.


Quality women are a rare phenomenon anywhere. As are quality men, nowadays. But if you view a shot at happiness as some magical unicorn you are unlikely to ever find, that leaves you with quite a bleak outlook in life. Negativity is never a good mindset, and neither is negativity masquerading as "realism".


I guess you're right. I do see my current situation as some sort of American El Dorado because in effect, I can't find other 30-something couples like ourselves. We really do feel like we're a pair of unicorns on a plain of irate zebras.

MarcosZeitola wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Cornfed is cynical and disbelieving, however, I wish he'd aim his anger towards mainstream society and not at Mel directly. Really, she's a nice person and has always been good to me, for the entire time I'd known her.


Aiming his anger at meanstream society in general would also be pointless. If you are unhappy in the society you live in, seek to escape it. Or, as you did, find your own little safe haven in it. Key is to be productive and pro-active.



Well, it's ok to be angry, otherwise, one's not acknowledging one's need to reclaim one's personal power. But yes, to make that a daily habit is counterproductive.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:We must also enjoy the successes of others, and not display a crab mentality where we pull a brother down when he's made it. You made it, you are a lucky man, so kudos to you! I bet three years ago if someone had told you you'd get married in the spring of 2015, you would have called him crazy.


Well, it's spring 2016 :wink: , but you're right, I would have called him crazy. Marcos, what have you done to me, you've turned me into a romantic :lol:
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby MarcosZeitola » Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 am

S_Parc wrote:Well, it's spring 2016 :wink: , but you're right, I would have called him crazy. Marcos, what have you done to me, you've turned me into a romantic :lol:


Haha I have that effect on people, strangely enough. One of my best friend is a Filipino man. Tall, dark, heavy-set and very stoic, he rarely shows his emotions. But he has been able to land a very pretty and very kind-hearted wife who he loves dearly. Last new year's day, him and I had a few drinks. We talked about love, about life, about happiness. When we got the subject of how happy his wife makes him, and how blessed he feels, he just broke down a little in tears of joy.

This is a man who was regarded as ugly, unattractive, by most of his peers. He grew up in a shallow and judgemental environment in his country's capital city and was no longer counting on finding love, let alone marriage. When we talked about that he became emotional. Sometimes romantics house in the strangest of places. Being a romantic man myself, I have a talent for finding one's "soft spot". Well that, and the drink probably helped. :wink:
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 7:43 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, it's spring 2016 :wink: , but you're right, I would have called him crazy. Marcos, what have you done to me, you've turned me into a romantic :lol:


Haha I have that effect on people, strangely enough. One of my best friend is a Filipino man. Tall, dark, heavy-set and very stoic, he rarely shows his emotions. But he has been able to land a very pretty and very kind-hearted wife who he loves dearly. Last new year's day, him and I had a few drinks. We talked about love, about life, about happiness. When we got the subject of how happy his wife makes him, and how blessed he feels, he just broke down a little in tears of joy.

This is a man who was regarded as ugly, unattractive, by most of his peers. He grew up in a shallow and judgemental environment in his country's capital city and was no longer counting on finding love, let alone marriage. When we talked about that he became emotional. Sometimes romantics house in the strangest of places. Being a romantic man myself, I have a talent for finding one's "soft spot". Well that, and the drink probably helped. :wink:


For Mel and I, we'd decided to celebrate our *true* anniversary, not on our actual *wedding date*, but the day we'd first met. And thus, after our official wedding day, we'll be looking forward to our 20th anniversary of when we'd first met, since that was the day which had actually changed our lives forever.

Believe me, three years ago, I would have never said the above, as it would have sounded completely delusional and off kilter.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby Ghost » Tue May 05, 2015 8:45 am

Here's the problem as I see it: she still has access to the misandrist system that can screw you at any time for any reason or no reason. Marriage to any WW is dangerous. And all you can respond with here is "she's not like that!" She isn't right now, but people can change, especially women. And if she does change, she's got a gun to hold to your head, whereas you will be entirely defenseless, probably. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but you should realize the danger.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 05, 2015 8:54 am

Ghost wrote:Here's the problem as I see it: she still has access to the misandrist system that can screw you at any time for any reason or no reason. Marriage to any WW is dangerous. And all you can respond with here is "she's not like that!" She isn't right now, but people can change, especially women. And if she does change, she's got a gun to hold to your head, whereas you will be entirely defenseless, probably. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but you should realize the danger.

Yeah, it seems like he is allowing her to put his nuts in a vice for exactly nothing in return. She can't offer youth, sexual energy, quality children, family alliances or anything of tangible traditional value, yet carries all the usual risks of marriage to AW skanks.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I'd posted this..

Postby S_Parc » Tue May 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Ghost wrote:Here's the problem as I see it: she still has access to the misandrist system that can screw you at any time for any reason or no reason. Marriage to any WW is dangerous. And all you can respond with here is "she's not like that!" She isn't right now, but people can change, especially women. And if she does change, she's got a gun to hold to your head, whereas you will be entirely defenseless, probably. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but you should realize the danger.


She knows all of the above and we'd started on a prenup, some time ago. A lot of that had to do with her prior experiences with AWs and the fact that it's not to my benefit to tie the knot w/o knowing that she's putting her best foot forward.

In addition, unlike many AWs, she's got a decent career and thus, our salaries will be fairly comparable. So if *she's not like that*, she wouldn't have attempted to protect me, ahead of time.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests