Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

It was barely 3 years ago when I posted this..

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: It was barely 3 years ago when I posted this..

Postby Ghost » Fri May 08, 2015 2:44 am

In addition, one day, this idea sank in with her, when I'd told her that the hardest thing to tell a future son is that he'd never find a woman, as great as his mother. Since Mel's been with women in the past and understands their shortcomings, she saw the truth in it. A child will always be looking at our relationship, and attempt to emulate it for himself. In fact, I knew of a gal, whose parents had the near perfect marriage. She was always disappointed in the relationships in her life, because it had never matched the home she'd grown up in. And this was from years ago, in the future, it'll be a lot worse. Is it worth having a child, going through the struggles of raising him, just so that he can marry an android in the future :?:

I still don't understand what the benefit to you is? There won't be any children, so you won't leave a legacy. The prenup will protect her assets from you, so you don't get a financial benefit. You'll be going into what is legally marriage 2.0 that leaves you susceptible to the family courts.

She understands red pill truths about women.

I wouldn't be so callous as to say you should end your relationship with her. You've gotten this far as friends and lovers. BUT...

The marriage part is no benefit to you, and it leaves you wide open to the legal system. Why get the government involved?

Here's the thing: if there will be no children, why does she need marriage? Why does she want the government as the third party in your relationship? There's absolutely no good purpose that can serve.

There's something there...for your own sake, please don't ignore it.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 08, 2015 3:11 am

Ghost wrote:I still don't understand what the benefit to you is? There won't be any children, so you won't leave a legacy. The prenup will protect her assets from you, so you don't get a financial benefit. You'll be going into what is legally marriage 2.0 that leaves you susceptible to the family courts.

I wouldn't be so callous as to say you should end your relationship with her. You've gotten this far as friends and lovers. BUT...

The marriage part is no benefit to you, and it leaves you wide open to the legal system. Why get the government involved?

Here's the thing: if there will be no children, why does she need marriage? Why does she want the government as the third party in your relationship? There's absolutely no good purpose that can serve.

On a more cynical note, if my portfolio does better than hers, then I'm also protected ... in the end.

The point has more to do with our respective families. Right now, Mel's dad is really happy that his daughter has found me. He and I are becoming more and more friends, in fact, I'd say that I'm slowly becoming his "son", over time.

Thus, I get myself a family, something I'd never had, growing up. Is this something so hard to comprehend?
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Fri May 08, 2015 3:18 am

S_Parc wrote:
Ghost wrote:I still don't understand what the benefit to you is? There won't be any children, so you won't leave a legacy. The prenup will protect her assets from you, so you don't get a financial benefit. You'll be going into what is legally marriage 2.0 that leaves you susceptible to the family courts.

On a more cynical note, if my portfolio does better than hers, then I'm also protected ... in the end.

The point has more to do with our respective families. Right now, Mel's dad is really happy that his daughter has found me. He and I are becoming more and more friends, in fact, I'd say that I'm slowly becoming his "son", over time.

Thus, I get myself a family, something I'd never had, growing up. Is this something so hard to comprehend?

But couldn't you all be a de-facto family without getting the state involved? That's all I'm saying. The government does not give you some magic power to become a family, and by introducing the state into your relationship you will introduce a huge risk that was not there before.

I am really trying not to be cynical about this.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 08, 2015 3:36 am

Ghost wrote:
S_Parc wrote:On a more cynical note, if my portfolio does better than hers, then I'm also protected ... in the end.

But couldn't you all be a de-facto family without getting the state involved? That's all I'm saying. The government does not give you some magic power to become a family, and by introducing the state into your relationship you will introduce a huge risk that was not there before.

I am really trying not to be cynical about this.

Here's the thing, I'm Anglican (or was, until my dad had left it because they'd allowed in an openly gay vicar) and Mel's Catholic. And thus, the govt allows us to be together, w/o it having to do with our ancestor's respective denominations.

In reality, many ppl, with more old-fashion thinking, don't accept their descendent's thinking, if they don't accept traditional institutions like marriage. Believe me, no one here is arguing about whose denomination is better than the other. In New England, everyone knows this, thus, we don't have fights about Catholicism vs Anglicanism/Episcopalism vs Unitarianism.

On the other foot, if two ppl are serious, but never decide to marry, it really makes everyone wonder why the two don't want to be a family.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby droid » Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 am

S_Parc wrote:Mel's dad is really happy that his daughter has found me.

No offense S_Parc but: You don't say!

S_Parc wrote:Thus, I get myself a family, something I'd never had, growing up. Is this something so hard to comprehend?

Totally understandable, what you never answered before though (on another thread) was why you abandoned the whole Brazil thing, you could've had a
choice of gems (white if necessary) since you were there long term. Unless I'm missing something.

I don't want to further gang up on you here because this is truly personal, but it also seems throughout that you have some pride for having "cracked" an AW. I'm deviating, but I've posted before that there is a danger of getting 'hooked' to a place, trying to crack it, just for its own sake. Kind of like a Stockholm syndrome, of sorts.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 08, 2015 4:42 am

droid wrote:Totally understandable, what you never answered before though (on another thread) was why you abandoned the whole Brazil thing, you could've had a choice of gems (white if necessary) since you were there long term. Unless I'm missing something.

My Brazilian GF and I had broken up, because I was born into a dysfunctional Yankee family. In other words, she'd left me for something which I had no control over.

In contrast, Mel had actively put up barriers between her family, and my father and sister. She knows exactly what crazy ppl are about and did everything in her power, to shield her own immediate family, as well as us, as a couple, from psychos in my household.

And thus, there's no comparison. The Brazilian was under this expectation that families in America were fully functional and that everyone could contact one another, without strife. Well, when her relatives had contacted my family w/o proper introductions, things went south very quickly. This is what had ruined that relationship. In the end, I was livid that I was judged because of the antics of my father and my sister.

So I believe that you're somewhat wrong. I'm not proud of *cracking* some puzzle, I'm simply happy that someone in my neighborhood actually sees me for the person that I am, and the fact that she's actually willing to fight for me.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby droid » Fri May 08, 2015 5:03 am

S_Parc wrote:Well, when her relatives had contacted my family w/o proper introductions, things went south very quickly

Jesus man, I can picture exactly what you're saying. Like throwing potassium in water.

S_Parc wrote:So I believe that you're somewhat wrong. I'm not proud of *cracking* some puzzle, I'm simply happy that someone in my neighborhood actually sees me for the person that I am, and the fact that she's actually willing to fight for me.

Point taken S_Parc.
Actually, maybe the two of you should go to Brazil for a period alone :idea:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Jester » Fri May 08, 2015 5:58 am

Lots of ministers will conduct a wedding without state sanction or notification.

Threesomes are cool but not with The Man.
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Fri May 08, 2015 7:05 am

S_Parc wrote:Here's the thing, I'm Anglican (or was, until my dad had left it because they'd allowed in an openly gay vicar) and Mel's Catholic.

If she is Irish Catholic and you are Anglican, this is another huge red flag.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 08, 2015 12:43 pm

She's German-Italian, your so-called red flags are looking more and more insipid over time.

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby The » Sat May 09, 2015 2:32 am

Awesome... :D
The
Junior Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sat May 09, 2015 5:04 am

And while we don't look like John Mellencamp and his GF is this old video, one thing does stick out ...

John Mellencamp wrote:Two American kids done, the best they can

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h04CH9YZcpI[/youtube]

AB discussion thread

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions