This Board Just Ain't For Me

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This Board Just Ain't For Me

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Not all men have what it takes. The ones who make it tend to post less, or stop posting altogether at some point. When I am abroad, where I stay there is almost no internet access. What little access we have, I use only to contact loved ones back in the old country. So when one day I just "disappear", you know I made it and I'm HappierAbroad. That probably goes for most posters... the only one who will consistently keep posting is Winston because the site is his livelihood. Others might, if they stay in a place that has a good connection. But their activity will be significantly lessened.

This board amuses me. There are a few people on here who's lives interest me, and I am curious to read their posts to see what they are up to. Sometimes a success story is posted and I like to read it for inspiration. That, ultimately, is what keeps me around. Plus a love for a good argument, every now and then lol.

Overall, this is a nice forum. It grows on you. I've been critical in the past and in many ways I still am, but I can see the appeal. There are far too many people who talk a lot and act very little, though. They constantly push decisions ahead of them and never take plunge. Such a shame, such a waste of time. Time is very much a finite thing, we have to make it count. But to those who are making it count, I take off my hat.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

The wrote:Image
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Moretorque wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
QatarDan wrote:you were making 6 figures in US, drove a nice car and left with $1400 in your pocket? Good planning there lol
The original poster is talking about myopic idiots such as yourself whom knock down others that have a dream, no matter how elusive it may seem.
He's also talking about people that make it seem like the U.S. of Gay is the best thing ever. He knows better, and I applaud his efforts that
got him to leave for forever and a day.
Your Avatar is pretty classy.
And if you're being a prude about it, then how typical of an American you are. If you are being postitively sarcastic, then thank you for recognizing it. :-)
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

QatarDan wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
QatarDan wrote:you were making 6 figures in US, drove a nice car and left with $1400 in your pocket? Good planning there lol
The original poster is talking about myopic idiots such as yourself whom knock down others that have a dream, no matter how elusive it may seem.
He's also talking about people that make it seem like the U.S. of Gay is the best thing ever. He knows better, and I applaud his efforts that
got him to leave for forever and a day.
cheers for response - I wasn't knocking him down just seems strange leaving with less than a weeks pay after selling all his stuff.
I apologize for assuming you were malicious towards him. However, he had heart to do what he did. I was in Thailand for a whole month without any baht nor dollars, and I made it (unlike a handful of tourists whom became stuck in Thailand and committed suicide).
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Post by Boxman »

Uncalled for. I've followed Adventurer's posts and he's added more to this forum than most other posters here. His views and insight are precisely what's needed here.

Personally, I'd prefer Adventurer and posters like him stick around, even if it means having to hold their noses sometimes. I can definitely see where he's coming from in wanting to quit the forum; many of the people here are just disgusting trollish personalities who wouldn't be happy anywhere. And there's a bunch of nutjobs as well. I'd like to see more of the genuine "happier abroaders" to counterbalance the negativity, misogyny and just plain insanity that pervades this forum. And yes, I used the "misogyny" word (which I'm normally loathe the use), a term normally misused by feminazis and white knights. The fact is some people here are genuine misogynists and frankly should be called out for it. Their backwardness and negativity brings down the level of discourse.
Moretorque wrote:Your Avatar is pretty classy.
Dude's got a point. That avatar is pretty embarrassing. Just sayin'.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I think if your young and have nothing to lose going abroad with little money doesn't hurt. I mean as a young man you can try to find work international and I think it's more forgiving if your young and broke. Plus being young gives you access to dating girls that are almost the same age.

The problem is that for older guys they have family (ex:kids or parents) to take care of and other obligation. So having a steady income is important. Let say an older guy doesn't have family to take care of but just himself..if he saved correctly he might be able to go overseas and maybe retire early . For older guys money is the equalize in my opinion to compete against the younger better looking guys to attract women .

If your young and live and travel abroad and are able to find ways to make income and develop skill set that can help you. More power to you..but it's not for everyone.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Boxman wrote:
Uncalled for. I've followed Adventurer's posts and he's added more to this forum than most other posters here. His views and insight are precisely what's needed here.

Personally, I'd prefer Adventurer and posters like him stick around, even if it means having to hold their noses sometimes. I can definitely see where he's coming from in wanting to quit the forum; many of the people here are just disgusting trollish personalities who wouldn't be happy anywhere. And there's a bunch of nutjobs as well. I'd like to see more of the genuine "happier abroaders" to counterbalance the negativity, misogyny and just plain insanity that pervades this forum. And yes, I used the "misogyny" word (which I'm normally loathe the use), a term normally misused by feminazis and white knights. The fact is some people here are genuine misogynists and frankly should be called out for it. Their backwardness and negativity brings down the level of discourse.
I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately, down below, I don't! vvvvvv
Boxman wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Your Avatar is pretty classy.
Dude's got a point. That avatar is pretty embarrassing. Just sayin'.
And some of you guys on this forum are unyieldingly puritanical.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

The_Adventurer wrote:Many old time posters will remember I left this board a long time ago. Every once in a while, though, I get an email from Winston about a topic I just have to check out. Most recently, Winston was in China and upon seeing this, I had to come and read. I even left a comment or two, for the all the good it did. Being back, I also decided to look around and check out other posts on various topics.It seems little has changed, as far as this board being overly negative and mainly about everything that s wrong with America. In fact, I am certain it has gotten worse.

From what I read, most posters here shouldn't go abroad. They won't be happier and would more than likely make other people miserable. They would pollute the atmosphere of their new host country because they would simply bring all their baggage with them. Luckily, I can surmise based on the majority of posts I have heard, that most people on here will never go anywhere. The window of opportunity is closing and travel will only get more difficult as the months progress. People who aren't doing something different will just get poorer.

Too many people here are too hung up on women and let women rule their lives. Worse still, these are women whom they have never met and possibly don't even exist. The fantasy of escaping to paradise and finding that model beauty, rather than going abroad to build a real life, is far too pervasive. It is just a fantasy. Staying at home and dreaming about it is as far as most here will ever get.

I have nothing in common with the majority of posters here. The few I may have had some rapport with have also already left here for good. When I read Winston's book, I got a very different picture from most people. I saw no value in putting women on a pedestal and allowing the pursuit of them control my every action and decision. I saw no purpose in setting going out there and getting a woman as the height of my goals. Think about that seriously. Packing up and flying halfway around the world to get a girl?! Do you need one that badly?

When I read Winston's book I saw an opportunity to escape the rat race. I saw an opportunity to take control of my life rather than being a slave to bosses, landlords, or any other system of control in place back home. I was doing a web business and making peanuts, but I saw that those peanuts would go a long way in The Philippines. Those peanuts could go all the way to freedom! Imagine waking up in the morning, when you feel lil awaking up, and every hour of the day is yours to choose however you might like to use them. That's what I saw. Freedom. I was making six figures in the US, drove a nice car, had no problems with women, but I realized I would rather make a few hundred bucks a month and have total control over my life in the Philippines.

I sold everything I had, bought a laptop and hit the road about seven years ago. I had about $1400 (one thousand four hundred dollars) total in cash. I went out to take my chances. If you really want to get out, that's what you do. This isn't the first time either. Long before I knew anything about this movement, while Winston was probably still in high school, I sold a car I had and, with little cash on hand, I went to Japan. I figured I would get a job there, as I spoke the language and had a few friends there. In the end, I failed. I came back to the USA, to a small town that was cheap to live in, and ended up working at Pizza Hut. It was all worth it. It was an incredible experience. This time is different though.

I have been out here seven years, having lived in Philippines, Korea, Japan and China. I have had ups and downs, near brushes with homelessness, drama with people after me, run-ins with gangsters, crazy girl trying to destroy me, accounts and cards closed right out from under me and many more. I have also met great people and made great friends, seen amazing sites, temples, and scenery, had amazing relationships with women, worked on cool projects, been invited to speak at awesome events, and all the while had control over my life.

I took a risk rather than sit at home and dream and complain. How much has dreaming and complaining done for you so far? If you really want to do it, you will do it. Maybe take a look a Jamaican in China's books. I hadn't heard of him when I did my thing, but I was basically doing what he recommends. Check out his book "Ducks in Row? Please…" There is never going to be a perfect time. There is never going to be a point where you feel like this is it. While you wait for that time, life will pass you by, or political doors will close and you could end up stuck.

Try something different!
Yes, I agree. See

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26959
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Lol, Winson's brain at work. See page 2

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24908

This forum is just dogma for low-tier males.