This Board Just Ain't For Me

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

This Board Just Ain't For Me

Post by The_Adventurer »

Many old time posters will remember I left this board a long time ago. Every once in a while, though, I get an email from Winston about a topic I just have to check out. Most recently, Winston was in China and upon seeing this, I had to come and read. I even left a comment or two, for the all the good it did. Being back, I also decided to look around and check out other posts on various topics.It seems little has changed, as far as this board being overly negative and mainly about everything that s wrong with America. In fact, I am certain it has gotten worse.

From what I read, most posters here shouldn't go abroad. They won't be happier and would more than likely make other people miserable. They would pollute the atmosphere of their new host country because they would simply bring all their baggage with them. Luckily, I can surmise based on the majority of posts I have heard, that most people on here will never go anywhere. The window of opportunity is closing and travel will only get more difficult as the months progress. People who aren't doing something different will just get poorer.

Too many people here are too hung up on women and let women rule their lives. Worse still, these are women whom they have never met and possibly don't even exist. The fantasy of escaping to paradise and finding that model beauty, rather than going abroad to build a real life, is far too pervasive. It is just a fantasy. Staying at home and dreaming about it is as far as most here will ever get.

I have nothing in common with the majority of posters here. The few I may have had some rapport with have also already left here for good. When I read Winston's book, I got a very different picture from most people. I saw no value in putting women on a pedestal and allowing the pursuit of them control my every action and decision. I saw no purpose in setting going out there and getting a woman as the height of my goals. Think about that seriously. Packing up and flying halfway around the world to get a girl?! Do you need one that badly?

When I read Winston's book I saw an opportunity to escape the rat race. I saw an opportunity to take control of my life rather than being a slave to bosses, landlords, or any other system of control in place back home. I was doing a web business and making peanuts, but I saw that those peanuts would go a long way in The Philippines. Those peanuts could go all the way to freedom! Imagine waking up in the morning, when you feel lil awaking up, and every hour of the day is yours to choose however you might like to use them. That's what I saw. Freedom. I was making six figures in the US, drove a nice car, had no problems with women, but I realized I would rather make a few hundred bucks a month and have total control over my life in the Philippines.

I sold everything I had, bought a laptop and hit the road about seven years ago. I had about $1400 (one thousand four hundred dollars) total in cash. I went out to take my chances. If you really want to get out, that's what you do. This isn't the first time either. Long before I knew anything about this movement, while Winston was probably still in high school, I sold a car I had and, with little cash on hand, I went to Japan. I figured I would get a job there, as I spoke the language and had a few friends there. In the end, I failed. I came back to the USA, to a small town that was cheap to live in, and ended up working at Pizza Hut. It was all worth it. It was an incredible experience. This time is different though.

I have been out here seven years, having lived in Philippines, Korea, Japan and China. I have had ups and downs, near brushes with homelessness, drama with people after me, run-ins with gangsters, crazy girl trying to destroy me, accounts and cards closed right out from under me and many more. I have also met great people and made great friends, seen amazing sites, temples, and scenery, had amazing relationships with women, worked on cool projects, been invited to speak at awesome events, and all the while had control over my life.

I took a risk rather than sit at home and dream and complain. How much has dreaming and complaining done for you so far? If you really want to do it, you will do it. Maybe take a look a Jamaican in China's books. I hadn't heard of him when I did my thing, but I was basically doing what he recommends. Check out his book "Ducks in Row? Please…" There is never going to be a perfect time. There is never going to be a point where you feel like this is it. While you wait for that time, life will pass you by, or political doors will close and you could end up stuck.

Try something different!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: This Board Just Ain't For Me

Post by zacb »

I hear ya. It is amazing too. For 750 bucks, I was able to stay in Panama for 6 days (granted there were some snags so I did not stay as long) and enjoy all sorts of cool stuff. But people just pass that up, even though there are deals to be had. In addition, I am looking to buy some rentals that could at least provide me with some money to travel part time. My goals is to have revenue around 3k a month, live on 1,000 and invest the remainder , and on occasion get something nice. But travel and rentals are on my radar, as well as random reading and skills building. But it does indeed seem like most people on here don't even want to take a trip to Canada XD .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

As long as they use the Kings bank for commerce all places long term are pretty much the same.
Time to Hide!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

As always, great post Adventurer.
Very inspirational.
Thanks!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, wonderful post!

I'll put my hand up and say that back in 2011 when I joined HA I was going abroad for the ladies. But things have changed a lot since then. Now I am abroad doing my CELTA and I'm more interested in getting my teaching career going than in ladies.

I did actually go home after my year abroad in 2013, but I found that back home wasn't for me either. Well who knows what the hell I'm doing, but it beats sitting in a hot office back home waiting for retirement day.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

you were making 6 figures in US, drove a nice car and left with $1400 in your pocket? Good planning there lol
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

QatarDan wrote:you were making 6 figures in US, drove a nice car and left with $1400 in your pocket? Good planning there lol
The original poster is talking about myopic idiots such as yourself whom knock down others that have a dream, no matter how elusive it may seem.
He's also talking about people that make it seem like the U.S. of Gay is the best thing ever. He knows better, and I applaud his efforts that
got him to leave for forever and a day.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
QatarDan wrote:you were making 6 figures in US, drove a nice car and left with $1400 in your pocket? Good planning there lol
The original poster is talking about myopic idiots such as yourself whom knock down others that have a dream, no matter how elusive it may seem.
He's also talking about people that make it seem like the U.S. of Gay is the best thing ever. He knows better, and I applaud his efforts that
Your Avatar is pretty classy.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

These people running this fraudulent financial system are coming for the whole world, I will admit America is in the cross hairs and will not survive but long term you are not running from this.

I will also admit I do not like America at all anymore but realize America is the first 12 amendments of the US constitution along with the Bill of Rights and daa herd be to stupid to figure.

Traveling the way you are is the way to do it but I cannot get the courage and guts to leave it all behind but as stated where do you go long term ? the world has become a small place now and all the lines are becoming blurred and mixed so it seems to me most of it will look the same shortly.

The real problem is people are to cowardly to realize to make a stand where we all are now and do the right things to build our local communities for the future rather than trying to run away. The best way to stop the stench is to clean our own mess up rather than try and run from it and expect someone else to do it for us.
Time to Hide!
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
cheers for response - I wasn't knocking him down just seems strange leaving with less than a weeks pay after selling all his stuff.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

droid wrote:As always, great post Adventurer.
Very inspirational.
Thanks!
Ditto that.

Adventurer, you know I have been a fan of yours for several years now.

Yes this place has gone downhill.

If you have another place to suggest, please state it.

If not, then please consider this:
Hundreds of men read these posts, for every one that posts here. Your words change the world.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

I hear Ya OP! When I first came across this material and the forum, I was ecstatic to actually find like minded guys. At first, this stuff seems quite liberating and I think it really is. For the first time I felt I saw proof as to why I felt the way I did about American culture and its women compared to other cultures. But on the other hand, there is truly a heavy focus on the negatives about america and American women. This is depressing if you repetitively see it and focus on it. I think the concepts here need to be learned once and then move on. There is no need to dwell on depressing and negative thoughts. But as I said, learning this stuff is very beneficial and you will be much more aware about the world and awakened or enlightened because of it.

Regarding the concept of living happier abroad, for a small minority this can be true. But for the vast majority, it won't be. It's too hard for most to adjust to a different cultures on a long term basis. You will still miss home not to mention that most cannot make a living abroad. I guess the making a living thing is the primary obstacle which is why the majority of Americans who are living abroad are retirees.

What I've determined is that the best route for me personally is to make short trips abroad rather than trying to live abroad. I thoroughly enjoy my trips abroad whenever I go, mainly because I am able to date as many beautiful sexy and quality women as I want whereas in America I can't even hardly get a single date. And I can also get middle to upper middle class women abroad too , not just lower class poor women. So I am very much happier abroad but only in short bursts. I think if I simply would take more time in my dating abroad and not be pressuring myself to marry (at 47 I had a now or never attitude in regards to having kids) then I know I will finally be successful with it. So now I am no longer in a hurry or rushed to have to find a wife anymore. Now when I travel abroad im no longer even thinking about it. I'll just have a good time and wait till I'm very sure about someone and have had many many trips to see her to be sure before I ever consider marriage again.

So Winston is only half right. He is right in that American men will surely be happier abroad from a dating and sex point of view in that it's dam easy for any guy to find a thin beautiful quality feminine girl for marriage or sex. The fact is that most American men can date 3-5 notches higher abroad (on the scale of 1-10 ) than they can can at home in America. A few guys with ultimate looks and game might be able to get 8-10's in the U.S. but the vast majority simply cannot. For me, this is the only area that I am truly happier abroad. In America, I've had only two girls in 4 years! None were even dates per se so I can really say I've had zero "dates" in four years (dates defined as in pre planned dinner , movie etc with a girl I had an interest in). But anytime I go to Latin America or the philipines, I can EASILY get 5-10 dates a week every single week if I wanted to! Obviously I dont do that since I focus on only a few girls at a time, but I know the potential is easily there to have that many dates if I chose to. It's a huge ass difference!! Other than that, I can't say I would be happier abroad.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

steve55 wrote: Regarding the concept of living happier abroad, for a small minority this can be true. But for the vast majority, it won't be.
What I've determined is that the best route for me personally is to make short trips abroad rather than trying to live abroad.
So Winston is only half right. He is right in that American men will surely be happier abroad from a dating and sex point of view in that it's dam easy for any guy to find a thin beautiful quality feminine girl for marriage or sex. The fact is that most American men can date 3-5 notches higher abroad (on the scale of 1-10 ) than they can can at home in America.
You are right.

To live permanently abroad is not so easy for a Western man, except if you have a regular income, for example a good employment contract or retirement allowance.

Some men especially those I met from Scandinavia in Thailand like the idea of splitting, 7 months (summer season) working in their own country to keep their health insurance, retirement contracts up to date and 5 months living overseas during the freezing winter season.

No question about women and sex or generally about family life, socializing with others etc. you are better off outside of the Western region, which is not known to be very communicative. It's not only about USA, it is about Western Europe too.

About me, I left Europe permanently, never been back since decades.