Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Religious Outlook

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Religious Outlook

Postby QatarDan » Sun May 10, 2015 9:20 pm

If you yourself are not very religious, don't go to a place of worship etc would you consider yourself incompatible with a girl who must attend Church every Sunday or she will burn in hell?

The reason I ask is I met a sweet girl or my recent tour of Asia who loves a bit of the bible .... and I don't.

One advantage I see is she is far more trustworthy than most and I get the sense she would be very much a one man woman.

Disadvantage is ... I may spontaneously combust if encouraged to attend Sunday mass.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Re: Religious Outlook

Postby fschmidt » Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Doesn't it occur to you that religion may have some value if it can produce women like this?
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby droid » Sun May 10, 2015 11:54 pm

fschmidt wrote:Doesn't it occur to you that religion may have some value if it can produce women like this?

+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Moretorque » Mon May 11, 2015 12:11 am

It's for people who are in a dream world, long term if you are not a simpleton it may be rough.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby fschmidt » Mon May 11, 2015 12:15 am

Moretorque wrote:It's for people who are in a dream world, long term if you are not a simpleton it may be rough.

Actually it's the exact opposite, it's for practical people living in the real world. If you meet a religious woman who is good, isn't it entirely practical to attend whatever religious service she attends with her in order to keep her good?
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Postby QatarDan » Mon May 11, 2015 12:40 am

I see the value in spiritual beliefs and faith in something but don't follow a set religion, more a mix of beliefs. I do see some of the value in religion but also see the conflicts and suffering it causes. e.g protestants vs catholic, muslim extremists etc etc

Lets not debate the value of religion though and maybe discuss my initial question.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon May 11, 2015 1:58 am

You met a Filipina, correct?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby QatarDan » Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 am

No - funnily enough in the sea of Asia beauties it was a Czech girl who was back packing around the same route as me.
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Postby Moretorque » Mon May 11, 2015 1:23 pm

QatarDan wrote:I see the value in spiritual beliefs and faith in something but don't follow a set religion, more a mix of beliefs. I do see some of the value in religion but also see the conflicts and suffering it causes. e.g protestants vs catholic, muslim extremists etc etc

Lets not debate the value of religion though and maybe discuss my initial question.

I say Nooooo if you are a scientific thinker long term how could it work, chances are very slim. Now if you are sitting on the fence about the belief in Angels and Goblins then maybe.

I can understand how people can get lost in the make believe of a book because how the planet is going down the tubes and some religious people are very content but it's a vacant contentment in my book.

You also have to take this from a person who is still dating Rosie and her 5 sisters however. :mrgreen:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions