Where do women draw the line on sexual harassment

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Where do women draw the line on sexual harassment

Post by Banano »

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/insight/tvep ... sment-2015

http://www.smh.com.au/national/its-shat ... gzhko.html

Compliments about what people are wearing, jokes, and even flirting are a normal part of most workplaces. When does behaviour cross the line and become sexual harassment? How much does it matter who the person is?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Where do women draw the line on sexual harassment

Post by Teal Lantern »

Banano wrote:Compliments about what people are wearing, jokes, and even flirting are a normal part of most workplaces. When does behaviour cross the line and become sexual harassment? How much does it matter who the person is?
The line is between 'hot' and 'not hot'.
Rule #1: Be attractive, and you can get away with a lot. A helluva lot. :lol:
Rule #2: Don't be unattractive, or else you can't get away with s#!t.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Teal Lantern wrote:
Banano wrote:Compliments about what people are wearing, jokes, and even flirting are a normal part of most workplaces. When does behaviour cross the line and become sexual harassment? How much does it matter who the person is?
The line is between 'hot' and 'not hot'.
Rule #1: Be attractive, and you can get away with a lot. A helluva lot. :lol:
Rule #2: Don't be unattractive, or else you can't get away with s#!t.

Yeah thats pretty much it....END THREAD! :mrgreen:
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Banano wrote:
May 12th, 2015, 6:10 am
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/insight/tvep ... sment-2015

http://www.smh.com.au/national/its-shat ... gzhko.html

Compliments about what people are wearing, jokes, and even flirting are a normal part of most workplaces. When does behaviour cross the line and become sexual harassment? How much does it matter who the person is?
In modern America, if the conversation is not strictly business-related, it's sexual harassment.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

Ghost wrote:
May 12th, 2015, 1:56 pm
There is no line. Literally anything can and will be considered "sexual harassment."

For example, two guys could be talking and say 'Oprah is a whore!' If a female in another room could hear it (through the vents or whatever) then she could claim sexual harassment. That sounds like an extreme example, but women will claim sexual harassment as the most absurd of things. Men should lie about anything when possible because the truth doesn't protect you anymore.
You are correct. Anything will easily be considered sexual harassment. Even a guy saying; "I had a great time at Disney World last week" to an American woman is sexual harassment. Approaching a woman at a park or even at a county fair is sexual harassment. Asking a woman out on a date in America is sexual harassment.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Banano wrote:
May 12th, 2015, 6:10 am
As far as I understand, it depends solely on the mood of the woman, how she feels.

If some remarks are coming from a rich old guy, she might feel happy and is running after him - no sexual harassment.
If exactly the same remarks are coming from a boy who is a nothing, she feels insulted and claims sexual harassment.

It is just a case by case situation, the woman decides - for the man it is like a lottery game, only a very few might be a winner, while many men despite good intention might find themselves in big troubles.

The highest risk by my opinion for men is with the workplace. Do not try to start any private conversation with women next to you who are employees or customers with the company you are employed. If something is going wrong you are jobless and it is easy for women to get a man fired.
Do not expect any help from superiors even if they know you did nothing wrong...
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The “line” can be drawn anywhere according to the whims of a female. That is the way the law was intentionally crafted to benefit them.

The state and federal laws on sexual harassment create workplace traps for men. To boot, if a man chooses to keep his distance from women in the workplace, he will be deemed “not inclusive” or “not a team player” with regard to female colleagues. BUT, if he interacts too closely with females at work, he stands to eventually be deemed a sexual harasser when any woman wants to take him down.

This is why young men should move abroad to earn one’s living.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I had a woman at an old job accuse me of sexual harassment after I stopped talking to her (turns out, I didn't like her personality). Fortunately enough, many of the women who knew me came to my side, and it was openly reported that she had said I was the only man to ever resist her charms (her real reason for the accusation, apparently).

The accusation did cause me some emotional upset for about two weeks while I was fretting over it. Afterward, she dropped her accusation and everything went back to normal. However, her reputation was completely ruined, because the investigation revealed she had had relationships with many of the other men there, which may have nullified part of her argument.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 9:39 pm
I had a woman at an old job accuse me of sexual harassment after I stopped talking to her (turns out, I didn't like her personality). Fortunately enough, many of the women who knew me came to my side, and it was openly reported that she had said I was the only man to ever resist her charms (her real reason for the accusation, apparently).

The accusation did cause me some emotional upset for about two weeks while I was fretting over it. Afterward, she dropped her accusation and everything went back to normal. However, her reputation was completely ruined, because the investigation revealed she had had relationships with many of the other men there, which may have nullified part of her argument.
That is why I tell the young guys that women flirt to set the stage for your downfall in case she needs to go after you.

Back when I was working, there was this prim and proper black girl who filed an EEO complaint against this black colleague who was assigned to us from another organization. Some months later, this same black girl was stroking my hair and refusing to stop when I asked her to back off. That was BOLD sexual harassment and I found that her EEO complaint against the other guy was ironic and likely bogus since she was going that route with me.

Women must therefore be re-segregated in the workplace or not be peritted there at all!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 11:34 pm
Women must therefore be re-segregated in the workplace or not be peritted there at all!
Absolutely. Same for blacks of course.