Why White [s]expats hate Asian men

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Why White [s]expats hate Asian men

Post by S_Parc »

As far as citizenship goes, I do believe that one can become a Singaporean citizen, without having been born into a Singaporean family.

On the other hand, from what I'd gathered, a lot of ex-pats there, would prefer the green card and thus, avoid the whole military service thing, esp once they're no longer in their 20s.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

There's definitely some White, Black and Hispanic men that I've met in Asia that despise and look down on Asian men--while banging Asian females who they consider to be nothing but sex toys and "gook whores"--as one foreigner I met described them. Sigh...

But what I don't understand is this: why are they in Asia in the first place, then? If America or Europe or Africa is so great, why are they escaping from those countries when they tell me how f***ed-up things are getting in those places? LOL.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

zboy1 wrote:There's definitely some White, Black and Hispanic men that I've met in Asia that despise and look down on Asian men--while banging Asian females who they consider to be nothing but sex toys and "gook whores"--as one foreigner I met described them. Sigh...

But what I don't understand is this: why are they in Asia in the first place, then? If America or Europe or Africa is so great, why are they escaping from those countries when they tell me how f***ed-up things are getting in those places? LOL.
It's called the Comparative Inferiority Principle.

Basically all those guys you've met are the bottom of the barrel where they've come from, so they have inferiority complexes and need to feel better about themselves by putting down a supposed easy group (Asian men). We all know that traveling is awesome and foreign women are better than western ones, but for an actual western guy to accept that and go for it, he has to give up a lot: wageslavery...I mean established career, social circle, expectations from friends and family, western luxuries, etc. Most men will not give these up, think that getting a foreign wife is exploitative and want to get a "proper" one from their own country, or more recently have gone MGTOW. So what you get left is mostly the bottom of the barrel guys who have nothing much to lose, because they have nothing to give up in the first place (no career, social circle, girlfriend, etc), but are wiling to travel. Those bottom of the barrel guys tend of have a lot of personality problems or stupidity (lack of social skills, being creepy to women, being dumb enough to send money to a foreign woman you barely know). So they compensate by being dicks, even though for the vast majority of them, the best they can get are bar girls or other bottom of the barrel local women.

(Note: don't take this as a personal attack on any of you. If you are TRULY comfortable with who you are and happy with what you have, you are obviously not a loser.)
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 22nd, 2020, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

"Is any foreigner working here in Korea the least bit surprised by this?

When I was home for Christmas vacation a few months ago we were at the Dairy Queen getting ice creams and there were 4 young Koreans ahead of us. One guy was off to the side smoking and spitting all over the sidewalk while his friends ordered.

I hate that. The spitting thing is, in my opinion, disgusting and absolutely unnecessary. One inhale, one exhale, one spit.

I stepped up to dude and told him to stop, it was ignorant. No one else was doing it and it showed a total lack of respect for the culture of the country. He said something in Korean that certainly sounded disrespectful to me. I shoved him in the chest really hard and he fell on his butt. Then I challenged him, Get up punk. I dare ya. You can't go running to the cops here you coward. They won't care. I'm twice your age and I'd love for you to stand up. Please, go ahead, make my day.

I've been here too long. I know it. I hate these people and their culture and their country."
http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,87272.0.html

I don't think a lot of expats arrive in Asia with a hatred for Asian men. The hate comes later after they've had to deal with a certain amount rudeness and racist crap.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Traveler wrote:"Is any foreigner working here in Korea the least bit surprised by this?

When I was home for Christmas vacation a few months ago we were at the Dairy Queen getting ice creams and there were 4 young Koreans ahead of us. One guy was off to the side smoking and spitting all over the sidewalk while his friends ordered.

I hate that. The spitting thing is, in my opinion, disgusting and absolutely unnecessary. One inhale, one exhale, one spit.

I stepped up to dude and told him to stop, it was ignorant. No one else was doing it and it showed a total lack of respect for the culture of the country. He said something in Korean that certainly sounded disrespectful to me. I shoved him in the chest really hard and he fell on his butt. Then I challenged him, Get up punk. I dare ya. You can't go running to the cops here you coward. They won't care. I'm twice your age and I'd love for you to stand up. Please, go ahead, make my day.

I've been here too long. I know it. I hate these people and their culture and their country."

I don't think a lot of expats arrive in Asia with a hatred for Asian men. The hate comes later after they've had to deal with a certain amount rudeness and racist crap.
Koreans have a pretty piss poor reputation everywhere. Even other Asians hate Koreans.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Ghost wrote:Actual Asian men do not typically have a problem with white men. Those white men are not even "stealing their women." It's a commonly known fact that white guys tend to go after the undesirables or leftover women (or is that the other way around?) And if a white guy comes and gets a good local woman as his wife and starts a family, I don't think anyone judges him poorly for that. Why would they?
The slogan 'white men are stealing our women' was not created in Asia, but in the USA by Asian American men and made somehow popular in some small US-media (webpages, publications) serving Asian Americans of Korean and Chinese descents.
In most places in Asia white men mixing up with Asian women are a tiny minority. Most foreigners in Asian countries are Asians.

There are only some well-known vacation places/cities in Thailand, Philippines etc. where you really see many Western men with Asian women, but this is not the case everywhere in Thailand and Philippines.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ghost wrote:Actual Asian men do not typically have a problem with white men. Those white men are not even "stealing their women." It's a commonly known fact that white guys tend to go after the undesirables or leftover women (or is that the other way around?) And if a white guy comes and gets a good local woman as his wife and starts a family, I don't think anyone judges him poorly for that. Why would they?
You are spot on. It seems to me that some ( not all) Asian american men have this huge problem with white men in Asia..." They stealing our wimins..." stuff. Very few locals care. The reality is that relationships with white men and local woman are a tiny drop in the bucket. Most of the long term men I know in the Philippines have some local men they loath and some they like....kinda like normal for anywhere. I am close to my father in law...I think either one of us would take a bullet for the other. As for what white and other mongers think or say...I cannot really comment. I don't hang with that type.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Traveler,

I been to South Korea the working culture there is like a grind. In other words if you work in Korea (native or waeguk) it's a grind but not all companies but a fair number of them .I notice that the expats that go to Korea are two types. They are either social out cast from their own country or have some sort of fetish for Asian so they come to South korea. At least from my perspective.

South Korea does have racism but if your white it's more of a benefit than let say if your not white. Usually the expats that complain about Korea from my observation are the ones that feel like they should have entitlement in Korea or access to everything and if they don't they think Korea sucks.

For example I seen white guys act like totally rude dick heads in hong dae..they sometimes get into fights with local Korean guys.. Guess what..these white guys end up hating Korean guys . I mean I seen white guys in Korea and they want to do whatever they want but they get challenge and out down...and they end up hating Korean guys? Give me a break..what South Korea should be a white guy play ground.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

dragon,

Koreans that visit the Philippines act like totally dick heads from what I hear. Usually Korean looks down on other Asians that are weaker (ex : Bangli, Philiipines) . Why? Because these are poorer countries. You wouldn't see Koreans acting high and mighty in USA or some western countries. It's like a complex they have that is f***ed up.

Saying that I'm not sure which other Asian dislike Koreans. I know that Japan and Korea has a rough history but for the younger crowd it's not uncommon for Koreans and Japanese to date each other. Same with Chinese .
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Pretty much the slogan where white guys are stealing Asian women is from here in the west. Asian American guys have it hardest dating/marriage wise in the states . So there would be jealously and bitterness.

In Asia the rate of white guys with Asian girls are really small over all. Even in places like Thailand ..it's a minority . However, there are some truth behind this..I seen white guys dating Asian girls with an attitude that they feel superior over Asian men . Why they do it? Because they are probably insecure with themselves and find only their race as giving them value. Best revenge is for the asian guy to be successful in his own life.

I knew one Asian guy who dated this attractive black girl..he told me that the most stares he got was from White guy/Asian girl couples...it's like hypocrisy. It's OK for Asian girls to date out but if an Asian guy does it what gives. I notice that with the younger generation of Asian American guys they are dating out more s maybe this bitterness will go away.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Traveler wrote:"Is any foreigner working here in Korea the least bit surprised by this?

So he gets into a fight with a Korean kid for spitting on the street. How classy, LOL! And you wonder why foreigners have a bad reputation in
Asia sometimes.

So that justifies being racist to Asian men, Traveller? You really sound hateful of Asian men because in your other posts--you're constantly railing against Asian men. Dude, if you hate Korea/Asia so much, try going to another country that would be better for you. How about somewhere that is Caucasian dominated such as Russia or Eastern Europe? I'm just being real with you...You just don't seem to fit the Asian mentality or mindset that allows White posters such as Rock, Marcos, Yohan, OutWest and Ghost to thrive when in Asia.

I really hate the whiny types that rail against Asians--and yet, decide to stay in Asia. The one thing I respected about Ladislav is that he admitted he didn't like Asians to me, so he moved to somewhere happier in the Middle East. Traveller, your bitterness in Korea is really starting to show. ...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Traveler wrote: ...there were 4 young Koreans ahead of us. One guy was off to the side smoking and spitting all over the sidewalk while his friends ordered.

I stepped up to dude and told him to stop, it was ignorant. No one else was doing it and it showed a total lack of respect for the culture of the country. He said something in Korean that certainly sounded disrespectful to me. I shoved him in the chest really hard and he fell on his butt. Then I challenged him, Get up punk. I dare ya. You can't go running to the cops ...
I would be careful and not do that as a Western foreigner in any Asian country.

There are cases known where Western foreigners were provoking and attacking Asian locals out of whatever reason and where those locals responded in a very violent counter-attack, not only alone but in a group, not only with glass-bottles and metal-bars, but also with knives (Thai) and even guns (Filipinos).

About Koreans you also should be careful, they are known to accept/tolerate some violence against their own person from parents, teachers, police, class-mates, co-workers - violence is a part of daily life in Korea.

However if a Korean - all of them, men, women and children - feel 'too much is too much', he or she might change suddenly from tolerating/passive to an extremely aggressive/violent mood from one moment to the other. This violent reaction 'irascibility out of nothing' of Koreans is well-known in Japan too and makes them differently from Japanese people. Do not start a fight with Korean people, just a warning!
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

zboy1 wrote: So he gets into a fight with a Korean kid for spitting on the street. How classy, LOL! And you wonder why foreigners have a bad reputation in
Asia sometimes.

So that justifies being racist to Asian men, Traveller? You really sound hateful of Asian men because in your other posts--you're constantly railing against Asian men. Dude, if you hate Korea/Asia so much, try going to another country that would be better for you. How about somewhere that is Caucasian dominated such as Russia or Eastern Europe? I'm just being real with you...You just don't seem to fit the Asian mentality or mindset that allows White posters such as Rock, Marcos, Yohan, OutWest and Ghost to thrive when in Asia.

I really hate the whiny types that rail against Asians--and yet, decide to stay in Asia. The one thing I respected about Ladislav is that he admitted he didn't like Asians to me, so he moved to somewhere happier in the Middle East. Traveller, your bitterness in Korea is really starting to show. ...
It's not just about the spitting. He's probably had to deal with a certain amount of injustice due to being a foreigner in Korea. Anger and resentment have built up over the years. He's back in the US for a visit. He sees a Korean doing something culturally inappropriate and his feelings about Koreans suddenly come to the surface. In Korea, there is a good chance the cops would intervene and treat him unfairly because he's foreigner but he doesn't have to worry about that in the US. He overreacted, but I can understand how he feels.

I read Ladislav's book. He made some interesting observations. It seems he experienced a lot more racism in Asia (except for the Philippines) than in Arab and Latin American countries.
Last edited by Traveler on May 16th, 2015, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

Dragon wrote: Koreans have a pretty piss poor reputation everywhere. Even other Asians hate Koreans.
I've read plenty of translated negative comments about Koreans on japancrush.com. So I assume they are not well liked in Japan. They also don't seem to be well liked in SE Asian countries. I heard that some businesses even put up signs that say that Koreans aren't allowed because they got tired of having to deal with the obnoxious behavior of Korean tourists.

"In the last hotel I was at in Thailand, all the other guests would immediately bail the scene once the Koreans got back from their daily tours. The pool/bar/restaurant area went from relaxing posh... to complete chaos, complete with kids running around screaming until past midnight. Instead of ordering cocktails from the bar, they'd also bring soju bottles and litter the place up, making noise until well past closing time."

"I got bumped up to 1st class on a recent trip to Hanoi. A Korea guy had the same good luck, and sat several rows in front of me. By the end of the 4 hour flight, he had invited more than a half-dozen people to come up and join him, they were standing in the aisles, talking loudly, and insisting on as much alcohol as they could get from the hostess. 1st class become worst class and these guys were clearly drunk and just trying to take as much advantage as possible with no regard to the comfort or atmosphere of others."

"Even on economy class, you'll see the Korean (usually ajumma/ajosshi on up) passengers getting as much beer as possible, even helping themselves as the cart passes by them, not bothering to drink it but stashing it away in their bags. Also, what the hell is up with the cases of ramyeon that they take with them? Are they so cheap they're going to spend the money to go to another country and then eat crap instant food? I can understand the big 1 liter bottles of soju, but the instant noodles?"

"Such a shame that people act like that and ruin it for everyone else. Koreans aren't wildly popular in the Philippines either, due to the selfish ajosshi/ajumma mentality. There is a real 'me, me, me' attitude - as anyone who uses public transport in Seoul can attest to."

"The sad part is that next generation of adults isn't going to be much different. I adore my students but they are shockingly ill-mannered, pushy and demanding. Their mannerless parents and teachers don't teach them any different, so the mannerless traits we despair of are being passed down to the next generation unchallenged."
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtop ... c&start=15