Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why is everything I post a problem?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Tsar » Thu May 14, 2015 2:36 am

Ghost wrote:You're willing to plan out an intricate, dramatic death, but you won't even plan basic steps to take in LIFE.


I planned out the basic steps in life. I have a few contingency plans to try my best to make it in life.

But let's say I wanted to enact my bad ending. I could do it immediately because I could take out the maximum personal loan, max out credit cards, and then probably have $14,000 or so for an okay bad ending, but $20,000 excluding airfare would be even better. If I were to travel and then die, that would be easy because I would be able to do it immediately. Then all that debt just goes away because the banks and creditors can't go after a dead man, especially a dead man with no assets. $20,000 is enough for a reasonably flashy experience. $5,000 for a hot virgin jailbait would surely entice her, but even if she wasn't it's better than being with a hooker. Then I probably take her along for the trip, as a travel companion. Seeing Europe and talking, paying her a few hundred more each day she stays with me on my sight-seeing of Europe. I go to the Netherlands and get really high on marijuana and drink absinthe. Hopefully get some cocaine and then hopefully my jailbait escort tries some of it too, and then another good experience before death. After all is done, I'll have enough to pay a Dutch doctor to end my life. Closure. Fleeting happiness. Bad ending but at least I got closure.

But I won't enact my bad ending because I am still trying to live and succeed. Notice the tombstone. 2037 is when my bad ending would be enacting if I have none of the things I need most in life.
Last edited by Tsar on Thu May 14, 2015 2:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm







Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Ghost » Thu May 14, 2015 2:50 am

Tsar wrote:
Ghost wrote:You're willing to plan out an intricate, dramatic death, but you won't even plan basic steps to take in LIFE.


I planned out the basic steps in life. I have a few contingency plans to try my best to make it in life.

But let's say I wanted to enact my bad ending. I could do it immediately because I could take out the maximum personal loan, max out credit cards, and then probably have $14,000 or so for an okay bad ending, but $20,000 excluding airfare would be even better. If I were to travel and then die, that would be easy because I would be able to do it immediately. Then all that debt just goes away because the banks and creditors can't go after a dead man, especially a dead man with no assets. $20,000 is enough for a reasonably flashy experience. $5,000 for a hot virgin jailbait would surely entice her, but even if she wasn't it's better than being with a hooker. Then I probably take her along for the trip, as a travel companion. Seeing Europe and talking, paying her a few hundred more each day she stays with me on my sight-seeing of Europe. I go to the Netherlands and get really high on marijuana and drink absinthe. Hopefully get some cocaine and then hopefully my jailbait escort tries some of it too, and then another good experience before death. After all is done, I'll have enough to pay a Dutch doctor to end my life. Closure. Fleeting happiness. Bad ending but at least I got closure.

But I won't enact my bad ending because I am still trying to live and succeed. Notice the tombstone. 2037 is when my bad ending would be enacting if I have none of the things I need most in life.


Sounds like a bad movie...

"Hey guys, I'm going to kill myself in 22 years! Pity me!"

Might as well put all those resources into doing something now instead of waiting for a death part two decades from now. But what do I know? I've only been around the world.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby S_Parc » Thu May 14, 2015 2:58 am

Ghost wrote:Sounds like a bad movie...

"Hey guys, I'm going to kill myself in 22 years! Pity me!"

Might as well put all those resources into doing something now instead of waiting for a death part two decades from now. But what do I know? I've only been around the world.


Believe it or not, but there are others who have a similar agendas. Some of these folks have delusions of grandeur like, if their musical ideas never lead to a multi-platinum album, that they'll jump off one of the cliffs of Maine to their demise. Or if their patent ideas don't become the next *Teflon*, then they'll swallow a bottle of sleeping pills along with a bottle of Vodka. This is the problem with being an ungrounded dreamer.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Tsar » Thu May 14, 2015 3:02 am

Ghost wrote:Sounds like a bad movie...

"Hey guys, I'm going to kill myself in 22 years! Pity me!"

Might as well put all those resources into doing something now instead of waiting for a death part two decades from now. But what do I know? I've only been around the world.


I never asked for sympathy. That's been the plan if I fail for a long time. Since before I joined HappierAbroad I had a plan of going to the Netherlands to die if I failed in life. Why do you think I never mention it to anyone in reality? It's my secret and I wouldn't want anyone getting in the way if 2027 becomes the year I die. The resources you quoted would have came from maxed out credit cards, and as many personal loans as I could get. That would be bank fraud and a crime because I would have no intention of paying it back considering I would be going to my death. I wouldn't have any reason to care about breaking the law to get money or ruining my credit to get money because I would be dead in two weeks from the day I have all that money.

Your 22 years is wrong. I made a mistake with the tombstone. It's twelve years.

I don't want to die, especially then, but it's just a possible ending. I could beat the odds and live but the cards were never stacked in my favor so I have plans for the best and plans for the worst.
Tsar
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu May 14, 2015 5:45 am

Tsar wrote:Since before I joined HappierAbroad I had a plan of going to the Netherlands to die if I failed in life.


I can tell you right now, that plan of yours is bullshit and you better let go of it. Let's say you DID go to the Netherlands. You could get weed, but it would be harder for you to get as you are a kind of awkward, foreign man without any street-qualities about you. You have a stutter, and you are a dreamy and naive man. Getting cocaine will be even harder because with the way I imagine you to act, you will probably be caught by some undercover cop trying to get your hands on it.

Now for the second part: your euthanasia. You seem to think there are clinics and doctors in the Netherlands who will kill just about anyone when they ask them to do it. Well, they don't. That's American republican propaganda, and no such thing ever happened. A few years back in the Netherlands, a doctor even got in jail for ending the life of a depressed 100 year old woman, who was otherwise reasonably healthy. Assuming you didn't get arrested yet before then, do you think they would euthanize a coked-out-of-his-mind American? Lol, you'd have to be dangerously ill and on the brink of dying, and even then you would have to be a local for them to even CONSIDER helping you die because it's such a hassle for them otherwise.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby S_Parc » Thu May 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Marcos, there was another dreamer, friend of a friend's family, who'd accomplished nothing in life (you know, the lifelong fantasy Rock 'n Roll legend) but then later became an Oxycontin addict, when he hit his late 30s.

Since Oxycontin is not too far from Morphine, pharmacologically, you can guess where that's going. A number of Americans have off'ed themselves combining the prescription pain killer with alcohol a/o sleeping pills.

Last I'd heard, although the fantasy rock star is still alive, someone in his immediate area had killed herself with Oxycontin and whiskey. This opiate pain killer addiction is now a pandemic.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Ghost » Thu May 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Tsar wrote:That's been the plan if I fail for a long time. Since before I joined HappierAbroad I had a plan of going to the Netherlands to die if I failed in life. Why do you think I never mention it to anyone in reality? It's my secret and I wouldn't want anyone getting in the way if 2027 becomes the year I die. The resources you quoted would have came from maxed out credit cards, and as many personal loans as I could get. That would be bank fraud and a crime because I would have no intention of paying it back considering I would be going to my death. I wouldn't have any reason to care about breaking the law to get money or ruining my credit to get money because I would be dead in two weeks from the day I have all that money.


As MarcosZeitola pointed out, your plan is bullshit and wouldn't work. (Which I suspected, but he's from Netherlands. I'll take his word for it over yours!)

12 years or 22 years, you won't do jack shit. You definitely should NOT commit suicide, but you wouldn't do that anyway because that would take effort.

I don't want to die, especially then, but it's just a possible ending. I could beat the odds and live but the cards were never stacked in my favor so I have plans for the best and plans for the worst.


Based on what you've posted, it does seem like you want to die, but only if it is dramatic. You want to die, but wish you could still see others pity and mourn for you.

Your "plan" for life was to stay off drugs and other non-actions. That's not a plan. But your death you've apparently made a decent plan for. It reeks of drama.

Even when you "do" something, you don't really do anything. For example, S Parc tells you that you should download and use the other Pimsleur lessons. So you say you download it, but we don't hear anything about you using it, or how your language study/practice is going, or connections you are making because of it. That one thing has a lot of potential, but you don't do anything with it. It's difficult, sure, but you pretty much have pigeon-holed yourself to having only a Russian-speaking girl, so I'd think you'd have at least some passion about it.

Heck, I could help you get a teaching job in Russia itself, and you could just bypass Northern China. (I have suggested Northern China because you could make more money.) Your job wouldn't pay much, but if you'd show passion for the Russian language and culture, I think you'd make so many connections that you would better yourself over there in no time. And it's not like only rich guys get hot virgin wives.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Jester » Thu May 14, 2015 5:43 pm

Tsar wrote:
But let's say I wanted to enact my bad ending. I could do it immediately because I could take out the maximum personal loan, max out credit cards, and then probably have $14,000 or so for an okay bad ending, but $20,000 excluding airfare would be even better. If I were to travel and then die, that would be easy because I would be able to do it immediately. Then all that debt just goes away because the banks and creditors can't go after a dead man, especially a dead man with no assets. $20,000 is enough for a reasonably flashy experience. $5,000 for a hot virgin jailbait would surely entice her, but even if she wasn't it's better than being with a hooker. Then I probably take her along for the trip, as a travel companion. Seeing Europe and talking, paying her a few hundred more each day she stays with me on my sight-seeing of Europe. I go to the Netherlands and get really high on marijuana and drink absinthe. Hopefully get some cocaine and then hopefully my jailbait escort tries some of it too, and then another good experience before death. After all is done, I'll have enough to pay a Dutch doctor to end my life. Closure. Fleeting happiness. Bad ending but at least I got closure.



Damn actually thats not such a bad idea for a movie. Somewhere in the marijuana cloud, enter an angry unpaid Turkish pimp..... and then the Russian mafia.........

Calling Nicholas Cage...
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby S_Parc » Thu May 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Jester wrote:Damn actually thats not such a bad idea for a movie. Somewhere in the marijuana cloud, enter an angry unpaid Turkish pimp..... and then the Russian mafia.........

Calling Nicholas Cage...


I believe that many moons ago, Tsar was fantasizing about doing business with the Russian Mafia in eastern Europe, thinking that they were these congenial fun guys like Marlon Brando of the Godfather movie.

What he'd failed to realize is that unlike our congenial American mafioso types, the Russian mob are ruthless and execute entire families w/o pity.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that the closest thing he'll get to Russia is ordering a Pirozhok from some deli in New England.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby S_Parc » Thu May 14, 2015 6:48 pm

Ghost wrote:or how your language study/practice is going, or connections you are making because of it. That one thing has a lot of potential, but you don't do anything with it. It's difficult, sure, but you pretty much have pigeon-holed yourself to having only a Russian-speaking girl, so I'd think you'd have at least some passion about it.


Actually Ghost, Pimsleur is not hard at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition

Instead of being bombarded by incomprehensible Cyrillic letters and words, the listener simply repeats basic question and answer type of conversations, with a right amount of spacing and timed repetition so that after each day, some 70% of the material is retained. And what's important here is that w/o letters around, the mind can't generate English phonetic spellings to throw ppl off.

The following day, the next lesson opens with a review and then, even as new material is incorporated, elements of all earlier lessons are reviewed and integrated. And thus, anyone who's dedicated to putting in those 30 mins (or 45-50 if you want to take it slow) per day, will have in one's subconscious mind, a vocal feeling of how the language flows. And thus, getting from being a pure beginner to someone with an element of confidence in starting in an intermediate level using the present tense form.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby S_Parc » Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 am

I know this is sounding like a dead horse but I have a personal experience, regarding the Pimsleur thing. This is all deja vu for me.

When I was learning the Thai I 30 lessons, another guy I knew, was interested in the 60 Greek I & II lessons. This was a good number of years ago.

He was always talking about the fact that his grandparents had come from Greece and this idea of perhaps meeting a Greek gal over there, not too distinct from Tsar but perhaps a bit more realistic, as he had some family contacts in the old country.

My Thai I program was finished within a month and a half. Last I'd heard, he was still somewhere between lessons 8 and 10, years after he'd copied the materials from the library. And yes, he's no closer to getting a Greek GF than he was, all those years ago. The last I'd spoken to him, back in 2014, he was talking about finishing the Pimsleur series but he seems to continually manufacture reasons like re-reviewing lesson 2 for some reason, even though it's fully memorized.

During that endless cycle of going nowhere, another Greek-American I'd known, went to Greece, got married, and is raising a girl with his wife, right here in Massachusetts. So one Greek fella went through the K-1 visa process, marriage (wedding ceremony in Greece, license in MA), and having a toddler, while the other, can't buckle down and do some simple daily lessons.

Which fellow reminds you more of Tsar?
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2414
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Ghost » Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 am

Jester wrote:Damn actually thats not such a bad idea for a movie. Somewhere in the marijuana cloud, enter an angry unpaid Turkish pimp..... and then the Russian mafia.........

Calling Nicholas Cage...


Nicolas Cage as Tsar. Best. Movie. Idea. Ever.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Seeker » Fri May 15, 2015 2:43 am

To be honest Tsar I don't really mind you. You're probably just an easy target for all the frustrated guys on here to take their frustrations out on you. Most of them aren't really any better off than you. In your case it's hard and scary to get started when you haven't really been out in the world before, you just need to take that first step. I get the feeling you're not too uncomfortable where you are right now, doing what you're doing (not much). You just need an extra push.
Seeker
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby Ghost » Fri May 15, 2015 2:51 am

S_Parc wrote:
Jester wrote:Damn actually thats not such a bad idea for a movie. Somewhere in the marijuana cloud, enter an angry unpaid Turkish pimp..... and then the Russian mafia.........

Calling Nicholas Cage...


I believe that many moons ago, Tsar was fantasizing about doing business with the Russian Mafia in eastern Europe, thinking that they were these congenial fun guys like Marlon Brando of the Godfather movie.

What he'd failed to realize is that unlike our congenial American mafioso types, the Russian mob are ruthless and execute entire families w/o pity.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think that the closest thing he'll get to Russia is ordering a Pirozhok from some deli in New England.


Tsar: Ghost, I have some ideas for how I can go abroad. I want to run them by you.

Ghost: Great! Lay ‘em on me.

Tsar: Well, first I could try doing business with the Russian Mafia.

Ghost: Uh…that’s a bit dangerous isn’t it?

Tsar: No! They are Russian, so they are all nice folks.

Ghost: Um…What else you got?

Tsar: I thought I could try to get into stripping.

Ghost: Well…that’s a little out there…any other ideas?

Tsar: Yes. I could try winning the lottery!

Ghost: There’s a better chance of getting struck by lightning! It’s the f***ing lottery! You can’t plan to win that.

Tsar: Ghost, why are you always so critical of my completely plausible and well thought out ideas?

Ghost:….look. How about something with a decent chance of working. How about, say, being an English teacher in Russia instead of dealing with the mafia?

Tsar: GHOST! ARE YOU NUTS? I CAN’T DO SOMETHING CRAZY LIKE THAT!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Postby MrMan » Fri May 15, 2015 2:59 am

The wrote:Man...I can't believe Tsar still has my dick in his mouth!


That comment is gay.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 5 guests