Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Your HA Facebook is Killing Your Forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Your HA Facebook is Killing Your Forum

Postby Winston » Wed May 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Mr S wrote:You're making the same circular misinterpretation argument that I'm attacking your character and that you are 'fixing' my or others errors cause your 'right' and I or we are 'wrong'. We are all making our own observations and opinions and just because you think you are correct doesn't make it so or I and others wouldn't be posting on this type of discussion post to begin with. I'm not making any character assassinations, you are twisting things to fit whatever emotional state you happen to be in at the time of reading these then going on a rampage about how shitty we are with our logic and how we are 100% wrong and that we need to get a life cause your right and we are wrong, and that's pretty much the deal. You want people to argue or comment according to your ideals and when someone doesn't fit that you go on an emotional tirade and attempt to belittle their persona to the point where they either flame back at you or they get pissed off and leave or a combination of both.

We're not telling you how to run your website, we are making observations about it and this all just proves how dismissive you are of other peoples suggestions. Rather than emotionally batter them and tell them how stupid they are and how superior you are, how about you explain in a detailed logical sense without ripping them a new one about whatever you disagree with and specific points why? This is why I don't get into specifics with anything anymore cause it's a waste of my time and the postings just go on and on with refuting each other with no end in site. Just like what is happening now, like how long will this go on until I or others just get sick of replying cause you don't want to fully acknowledge or address our concerns until the whole discussion post has been turned into a pile of dog turd cause the simple questions weren't addressed properly in a civilized manner to begin with?

I don't care what you do with your site, do what you want, but on occasion I like to drop suggestions if someone has something interesting to say about it, but I guess that's completely out of the question now. So it's a high probability now that when asking members about HA forum stuff most won't bother answering or commenting now cause it's pointless since their suggestions will not be taken seriously and they will just get shot down and rebuked for the most part.

And yes, I give you credit for not being overly emotional in your replies in the last few posts but your initial ones were over the top for no reason attempting to address our concerns.

People come to the forum for different reasons I am more for the practical benefit because I don't feel the need to express myself in a certain way or whatever but others may need this desire. I'm more about like minded intellectuals that see the bigger picture about what's going on around the world and personally I'm not angling to make some kind of emotional release with it. However, since more people do use the forum for emotional release issues there are less quality postings overall then postings that can be viably used for information or things like that. There lies the problem, maybe you should be putting the intellectual, factual, motivational information stuff and related in your blog postings on a regular basis and then just using the discussion board as a place for people to rage about inane topics related to the main stuff you post on the blog about HA related stuff. Interconnect them, but keep them somewhat separate at the same time.

And I agree with Rock about the mini forum app, it's lame and annoying to use. I prefer using the desktop forum format. Maybe some people don't care either way or some prefer the mobile app, but I'm sure it's in the minority. There's nothing you can really do about it since it's proprietary software anyways, but I'm just saying this kind of forum discussion board doesn't translate well to mobile and tablet devices in my opinion. It was made originally for computers and only now trying to fit this new market with varying success.

Also, I think good writers are becoming harder and harder to find, especially willing to post for free on boards like this. So down the road you may have to entice good ones monetarily or return links to their main sites if you want to continually provide quality, unique writings that are attached to your site only. I know at least for myself, I'm not going to be writings any more long winded writings about whatever topics like I might have done in years past. I would rather do it on a personal site where it benefits me directly in some way or I get paid to do it for someone else. Yeah, I and others with decent writing ability may still post, but it would be short commentaries or repostings of other articles from other sites most likely.

And yes get rid of the FB groups and make them post on the discussion board if they want to comment. Have a HA fan page where you can get them to follow discussion topics or whatever that would drive more traffic to your site and make some of these dudes use your forum rather than FB. Or at least temporarily shut them off for maybe 6 months without telling them whether you will turn them back on or not and see if it changes anything on your site.

As stated previously, these are all opinionated suggestions so don't lambast me if you disagree, your majesty, or I'll just have to go on a long self imposed exile from the realm of HA to other internet blog/forum lands.


But Mr S, what valid points are you making that I'm dismissing. You should know me very well. I do NOT argue for the sake of arguing. I am not a devil's advocate type who argues for the sake of arguing. I only argue if I have a VALID POINT. You should know that. That's my primary characteristic.

You said we are losing content here cause of our FB group. I'm not too sure about that. Plus the posts in our FB group are mostly rantings against western women, same as here, so not much is lost. Our traffic is still good. I don't see any indication that we are losing posters to the FB group. And even if we were, I don't like to force people to come here if they prefer to be on FB. I believe in free choice and people should have a choice in where they want to discuss. We can see our FB group as an extension or colony of HA. lol

Also you insinuated earlier that we had no blog and no mobile friendly theme for the forum. It's in your own words in your posts. There is no denying it. Both your statements were factually wrong and I pointed them out. So that definitely was NOT a valid argument. In fact, when a mature civilized gentlemen makes mistakes, he usually apologizes and acknowledges them. He usually says, "I stand corrected". Even Rock has apologized a few times before when he erred. Why haven't you? Everyone makes mistakes. Honorable men will admit when they've made one.

Bottom line is that I do NOT reject valid advice or valid points. So what are you complaining about? Why do you claim that I do? I always give credit where credit is due.

I do agree with you when you said:

"There lies the problem, maybe you should be putting the intellectual, factual, motivational information stuff and related in your blog postings on a regular basis and then just using the discussion board as a place for people to rage about inane topics related to the main stuff you post on the blog about HA related stuff. Interconnect them, but keep them somewhat separate at the same time."

Yes that's a valid point. And that's what I'm doing. I don't usually post something in the blog unless it's good. The blog format looks more formal and professional, so I am pickier about what I post on there than in the forum. A forum is like a chat board that gets recorded and indexed, it's not supposed to be an information resource unless we are discussing problems and solutions, like computer related forums do.

I have many article drafts but not enough time to post them in the blog. We have a few blog posters but they don't post that much.

However, you should understand something. Even if I post more blog articles more often, that will not increase traffic. If you don't believe me, try it. Put up your own blog and post one article everyday. Do it for 100 days so that you have 100 posts. You will see that unless you promote it to a lot of fans who love your work and are attracted to it, it still won't get much traffic. Volume does not create traffic.

Our HA blog already has over 100 posts in it in fact. Yet traffic is still the same, light but steady. So you see, it's not that simple. You need to be on a roll to get a lot of traffic. It has to go viral. That has to do with a lot of intangible forces that we can't control.

There could also be forces out there that are against us and keeping us from becoming too popular too. Remember that I've been singled out on YouTube and censored, whereas far more offensive guys like Roosh or Sandman have not been censored. I do not do anywhere near the level of women bashing that they do. Yet I get censored more than others. So something out there must be against me, and it has nothing to do with how offensive my content is.

As to this suggestion of yours:

"So down the road you may have to entice good ones monetarily or return links to their main sites if you want to continually provide quality, unique writings that are attached to your site only."

Yeah I've already done that. On our blog, I offer new writers return back links to their websites. See here:

http://blog.happierabroad.com/p/if-you-would-like-to-become-author-in.html
viewtopic.php?t=20949

As to paying writers to post in our blog, well you know, the good writers who are native English speakers are going to want a lot of money. If I hire cheap writers from India and the Philippines, well who knows. But I'll look into that. So thanks for the suggestions.

About the HA Facebook Fan Page, yeah maybe I will set that up too. I will look into that. But the guys in our FB group like the group and I don't want to disappoint them by taking it down, especially if there's no evidence that it's really detracting from the forum. This forum still has good traffic and a fair amount of posts everyday.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Your HA Facebook is Killing Your Forum

Postby Winston » Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Yohan wrote:
Winston wrote:I'm sure we have plenty of traffic. The main problem is that most of the traffic we get are from visitors who do not return again. Only a small percentage return. That's the KEY problem here. If a larger percentage of visitors return, then our traffic would grow steadily and we would be as big as Roosh's forum. So the key question is: Why don't more visitors return?

But let's face the TRUTH guys. The reason most of you come here is not because the forum is useful. The reason is psychological: You can share things and talk about things here that wouldn't be tolerated on other forums. You can EXPRESS YOURSELF here and BE YOURSELF here. That's the REAL reason you are here. Not for some practical benefit. Admit it.


Many people who are signing up in forums just want to see if there is something else inside, which they cannot see as a guest, after they make maybe 3 to 5 comments and disappear. This is the same in almost every forum.

To attract more people and more comments: Maybe useful if you had a gallery where members could save/share their own pictures.
Also a chat-room is missing, except the free speech option the forum itself offers little facilities, just my opinion.
Also the forum has a somewhat US-preference style, as most members are from USA - this is eventually a turn-off for newcomers not from the States etc.

Yes, there are some steps, Winston could do to improve a little by little the performance of the HA-forum, linking to webpages to other members might also be useful, I think Winston needs more support from similar to websites like all these feminist blogs which are operating large networks. It seems, his HA-Forum is something a stand-alone model. It is not really so easy to find it on the internet.


But our whole forum is public and viewable to guests, except for the NSFW board.

I explained before that if I allow attachments and uploading of photos, the size of this forum would balloon in terms of file size, which would eat up our hosting space. Bluehost will not let me upgrade to a larger VPS, which is stupid. They did not even tell me that before I migrated to VPS. I only found that out after I migrated. Their staff lacks a lot of common sense and when I contact them I feel like I'm talking to a child who doesn't have common sense. It's weird because they advertise themselves as state of the art web servers with the latest technology.

There isn't enough demand for a chatroom. Only Eurobrat wanted it. Plus it may slow down the forum.

I have tried to get backlinks from other sites. We have some. But not from the big sites. I've exchanged links with several webmasters and try to do so when the opportunity arises.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23612
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Your HA Facebook is Killing Your Forum

Postby JeyanCalderone » Wed May 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Winston wrote:
Yohan wrote:
Winston wrote:I'm sure we have plenty of traffic. The main problem is that most of the traffic we get are from visitors who do not return again. Only a small percentage return. That's the KEY problem here. If a larger percentage of visitors return, then our traffic would grow steadily and we would be as big as Roosh's forum. So the key question is: Why don't more visitors return?

But let's face the TRUTH guys. The reason most of you come here is not because the forum is useful. The reason is psychological: You can share things and talk about things here that wouldn't be tolerated on other forums. You can EXPRESS YOURSELF here and BE YOURSELF here. That's the REAL reason you are here. Not for some practical benefit. Admit it.


Many people who are signing up in forums just want to see if there is something else inside, which they cannot see as a guest, after they make maybe 3 to 5 comments and disappear. This is the same in almost every forum.

To attract more people and more comments: Maybe useful if you had a gallery where members could save/share their own pictures.
Also a chat-room is missing, except the free speech option the forum itself offers little facilities, just my opinion.
Also the forum has a somewhat US-preference style, as most members are from USA - this is eventually a turn-off for newcomers not from the States etc.

Yes, there are some steps, Winston could do to improve a little by little the performance of the HA-forum, linking to webpages to other members might also be useful, I think Winston needs more support from similar to websites like all these feminist blogs which are operating large networks. It seems, his HA-Forum is something a stand-alone model. It is not really so easy to find it on the internet.


But our whole forum is public and viewable to guests, except for the NSFW board.

I explained before that if I allow attachments and uploading of photos, the size of this forum would balloon in terms of file size, which would eat up our hosting space. Bluehost will not let me upgrade to a larger VPS, which is stupid. They did not even tell me that before I migrated to VPS. I only found that out after I migrated. Their staff lacks a lot of common sense and when I contact them I feel like I'm talking to a child who doesn't have common sense. It's weird because they advertise themselves as state of the art web servers with the latest technology.

There isn't enough demand for a chatroom. Only Eurobrat wanted it. Plus it may slow down the forum.

I have tried to get backlinks from other sites. We have some. But not from the big sites. I've exchanged links with several webmasters and try to do so when the opportunity arises.


You got banned from YouTube because your truth-telling was too much for the mainstream public. The Powers That Be don't want the truth to come out. They let clowns like Roosh exist because he's an easy woman-hating target for the feminists to focus their wrath upon. Did you see Roosh on the Dr. Oz show? He got a roasting from a panel of fat women. LOL!

Winston, why is your avatar pic depict you as a king? Are you of royal blood of some Chinese dynasty? Or is it to feed some kind of Ego?
JeyanCalderone
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Woodridge, Illinois

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanta76 and 4 guests

cron