This is a great review of internet forum movement: MGTOW

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

This is a great review of internet forum movement: MGTOW

Post by BlackKnight »

There is something very wrong with MGTOW. Instead of talking about 'men going their own way', we see...

-Declarations of Chicken Little economic/social/cultural collapse.
-Religious screeds against a particular religion or against all religions.
-Conspiracy theories.
-Evangelizing the 'Deck-Stacked-Against-Us-Have-No-Hope' view of society (which is unproductive)
-Evangelizing that one ought to live like a Mexican...
-...or another country...
-Forums become a 'Yes!' echo chamber. There is no discussion, just rants filled with yes-men.

These 'elements' are well known but ignored because of the 'good things' that do come out. We should just shrug off these things and compromise with them. Well, there is one problem.

When food and poison compromise, which is the victor? It is the poison. Eating it may be sustaining... for the short term... but your body fills up with these poison toxins. You begin to lose your ambition, your passion, and generally become filled with bitterness.

I have wondered how this is occurring. It is not uncommon. Many 'movements' somehow get filled with negative filled people with anger issues and other wackos. But not all movements. So how did MGTOW become a container for this garbage?

The answer is that MGTOW is founded on a negative itself: avoidance of woman. This has caused blanket rants against women. "But many of these rants are accurate, Pook!" So what? A farmer can rant all day about the unfairness of frost, but that will not get him anywhere. There is no cosmic justice out there. The world is what it is and its better to live in it that in a hyper-reality.

Perhaps this will hit more to the point. How many years has MGTOW existed? And what has changed since then? Really, nothing has changed at all.

But I have to wonder why no one in MGTOW can keep to the subject. Pick any random thread and you will find someone start going off the reservation of a speech against a religion or another unasked for soapbox sermon on some oddball subject. Often, many will randomly insert his "brilliant" assertion that civilization will collapse in ten years.

MGTOW is based on the belief that men have made mistakes (which should be spared making mistakes). These mistakes can include marriage, being nice guy, being worshipful to women, and so on. All these mistakes have a common theme: egotism. When the man got married, he was so sure he was doing the right thing and the naysayers were all jealous villains.

Since so many join MGTOW based on being wrong in the past, why does everyone act like they are right all the time? It is amazing! The egotism never died. It just shifted into new forms. This would explain why someone can't keep to the subject of MGTOW and instead must start bashing a religion, bashing a country, or bashing something else. One can be right on something and be wrong on other things. But MGTOW do not see that. They act like they have suddenly become right on everything (so they become vocal on it).

If we were wrong in the past, and it damaged our lives (such as getting married to a fiend), why do we strut around as if we have such 'wisdom'? If we were so wrong once, we could be wrong again. Yet, this reservation is nowhere to be found in MGTOW. Every man has his own pet theories. The dogs slip their leash and begin to ravage the good content.

To be honest, I don't see many happy MGTOW. There are no celebrations about being 'free' but complaining about... something. Trust me; celebrations and good cheer are far more effective and contagious than "being right all the time".

In normal society, people do not like being around someone 'right all the time'. Even if they are right, they are downright annoying. People prefer light-hearted, good cheered fun. When I think of MGTOW, 'good cheer' is the last to come to mind. MGTOW isn't about being alive as it is about escaping pain.

For as much as we mock feminists for being negative, for getting with women to talk bad about men, it is becoming more and more clear that MGTOW is becoming more like the mirror image. Behavior by behavior, a MGTOW male acts very similar to a feminist in lifestyle and habit. You begin to live alone, have meetings with guys to 'talk bad about women' (to ease existential pains), and write bad essays.

I think it is becoming clear that marriage and children is a natural longing in not just women but men as well. Nature did not intend gender avoidance. I believe generally everyone is repelled by the negative pessimistic tone found on MGTOW. However, people return consistently for a dose of the poison to ease the existential pain (caused by the natural longing of wife and children which is found in every culture and time). Once convinced by the rantings that women are more painful than pleasurable, the male goes off semi-satisfied. But, alas, the natural longing creeps up again causing the male to return.
Sounds like every other shitty internet forum/forum movement out there LOL
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: This is a great review of internet forum movement: MGTOW

Post by jamesbond »

Wow, that explains the MGTOW movement in a nutshell. It started off with good intentions and then it morphed into an ideology that encourages the thinking that ALL women are evil bitches (not just women from Anglo countries). It also sees all conspiracy theories as being completely true (even the ones that are absolutely outrageous).

The movement started off with good intentions and now it's been hijacked by crazy people who believe that aliens started the human race, ALL women in the world are evil sadistic bitches and the economy will collapse within one year. One more thing, some of them also believe that our current pope is the anti Christ. :shock:

Welcome to the new MGTOW movement! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Ghost wrote:
Yeah, Paggy still believes in plagiarism.
What, you can't see it's "quoted" WITH the gray outline and under is my comment? lol, SERIOUSLY, how obvious is that? But that's what you get with a bunch of "male" feminist ahah

Last edited by BlackKnight on May 25th, 2015, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I would not call this drivel a 'great review' and it is over 7 years old and within a dead blog. The author did not post anything there anymore since about 7 years. However MGTOW-Forums do still exist.

Who was writing this? Maybe a feminist?

Of course the financial and legal aspect in this article is totally missing. Why to avoid women? Well, because this can cost you as a man the savings of your life and push you into poverty in case something is going wrong, in case of a divorce, in case you met the wrong woman who is cheating you.

To claim feminists are avoiding men too, this might be true, but feminists are not known to me to avoid money from men either...
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Yohan wrote:I would not call this drivel a 'great review' and it is over 7 years old and within a dead blog. The author did not post anything there anymore since about 7 years. However MGTOW-Forums do still exist.

Who was writing this? Maybe a feminist?

Of course the financial and legal aspect in this article is totally missing. Why to avoid women? Well, because this can cost you as a man the savings of your life and push you into poverty in case something is going wrong, in case of a divorce, in case you met the wrong woman who is cheating you.

To claim feminists are avoiding men too, this might be true, but feminists are not known to me to avoid money from men either...
Lol, the author is one the founders of the whole manosphere/redpill movement going back to 1999. He got tired of the whole thing and moved on:
Most of these losers don't have self-discipline. They would rather take a news story about some feminist or woman, proceed to bash it, and then leave satisfied only to return later and do it all over again. It does not seem such people are enjoying life. And enjoying life is how one converts and wins.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

BlackKnight wrote: Lol, the author is one the founders of the whole manosphere/redpill movement going back to 1999. He got tired of the whole thing and moved on
This means he gave up... up to him...his blog is dead, this means he moved on, but failed...
Otherwise he would report proudly how advanced his life is now without MGTOW..
Some of these guys who gave up transferred themselves into male feminism, but failed again...

He is gone but this does not mean that MGTOW does not exist anymore.
There are not so many MGTOW/MRA blogs, forums etc., but they are quite active and feminists feel deeply disturbed by them.

In some sense, also this forum HappierAbroad is about 'men going their own way'.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Ghost wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Yeah, Paggy still believes in plagiarism.
What, you can't see it's "quoted" WITH the gray outline and under is my comment?
Can't you just quote the damn source?
The source URL wasn't included in the post with the quoted material. In other words, it was quoted just like here. If someone wanted to look up the URL, they are free to do so themselves. I got better things to do :lol: