Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby romparoo » Tue May 26, 2015 6:05 pm

Just for a moment reflect on this question.

You are either a cubicle slave or a jobless slave, and probably will never earn enough to stay in foreign countries for long.
Your options are very limited. Either you stay in a poor Asian countries where corruption, crime and appalling infrastructure are part of daily life, then 10 - 15 years later you end up penniless, old and disillusioned. Or you make short trips to a greener pasture as these are all you can afford, which are fun but merely provide you with short term high, then you get old one day and still remain disillusioned.

Rooshv, the poster child, have gone from one banner to another, now this neomasculinity and who knows what's next. It seems like everyone of us is simply running away from reality and make up justifications for this hamster wheel running, but not one thing we do can actually change our life for good.

How many of you accept the cold hard fact that you have to be rich and only then you are truly free and can be happier abroad on a permanent basis?
romparoo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:45 pm







Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Cornfed » Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 pm

I don't see how any goodhearted person living in the West could possibly be particularly happy. Goodhearted people are happy when they are succeeding as part of a successful community achieving common worthwhile goals outside of themselves. When everything about society is going to shit, this is obviously not possible.

Yes, it is becoming increasingly apparent that it is necessary to loot millions of dollars from the system in order to have any kind of decent life.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby The » Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 am

romparoo wrote:Just for a moment reflect on this question.

You are either a cubicle slave or a jobless slave, and probably will never earn enough to stay in foreign countries for long.
Your options are very limited. Either you stay in a poor Asian countries where corruption, crime and appalling infrastructure are part of daily life, then 10 - 15 years later you end up penniless, old and disillusioned. Or you make short trips to a greener pasture as these are all you can afford, which are fun but merely provide you with short term high, then you get old one day and still remain disillusioned.

Rooshv, the poster child, have gone from one banner to another, now this neomasculinity and who knows what's next. It seems like everyone of us is simply running away from reality and make up justifications for this hamster wheel running, but not one thing we do can actually change our life for good.

How many of you accept the cold hard fact that you have to be rich and only then you are truly free and can be happier abroad on a permanent basis?


Because RooshV knows that PUA is dying and he needs to jump on a new trend early...And this neo-masculinity (pussy-pandering) is going to be the new and improved version of "game" :roll: ...Hell, he even tried to get the MGTOW people involved with neo-masculinty and to which the MGTOW's soundly rejected....
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Dragon » Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 am

romparoo wrote:Just for a moment reflect on this question.

You are either a cubicle slave or a jobless slave, and probably will never earn enough to stay in foreign countries for long.
Your options are very limited. Either you stay in a poor Asian countries where corruption, crime and appalling infrastructure are part of daily life, then 10 - 15 years later you end up penniless, old and disillusioned. Or you make short trips to a greener pasture as these are all you can afford, which are fun but merely provide you with short term high, then you get old one day and still remain disillusioned.

Rooshv, the poster child, have gone from one banner to another, now this neomasculinity and who knows what's next. It seems like everyone of us is simply running away from reality and make up justifications for this hamster wheel running, but not one thing we do can actually change our life for good.

How many of you accept the cold hard fact that you have to be rich and only then you are truly free and can be happier abroad on a permanent basis?


Your post is pretty spot on. Life isn't a movie or television show, so not everyone's life is going to end up with a happy ending. Most will probably end up broke and/or die miserably, given the state of society and the economy. Google all the fat white dudes that kill themselves jumping off hotels in Thailand. The people going overseas are mostly there temporarily. The ones that stay long term or forever are usually English teachers scraping by or geriatric pensioners. Only a few young people have enough passive income to live out their dreams.

But all of them bring with them their personal problems and insecurities. Whether it's the guys that send women money online without ever meeting them in person, dudes who can't figure out that talking to women about conspiracy theories doesn't get their panties moist (cough* Winston cough*), or some recent guy complaining that people are pointing out he's a 30 year old virgin, we have a lot of losers here. You virtually never hear about successful professionals like doctors or lawyers wanting the happier abroad experience.

And that's really the caveat of it all. The successful ones and the happier-abroad-seeking ones are almost always mutually exclusive (with a handful of exceptions). It's because the successful ones (by society's standards) have more to lose by going overseas. But the "bottom of the barrel" guys, a.k.a almost everyone here have nothing to lose, so they can "afford" to go overseas. Of course, being the bottom of the barrel guys tend to mean they have less education and professional success (money) than others, along with a plethora of social skills problems. So you have a group that wants to go overseas but doesn't have the means to do so forever...and also probably shouldn't.
I am a terrible person.
Dragon
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby drealm » Thu May 28, 2015 6:16 am

romparoo wrote:Just for a moment reflect on this question.

You are either a cubicle slave or a jobless slave, and probably will never earn enough to stay in foreign countries for long.
Your options are very limited. Either you stay in a poor Asian countries where corruption, crime and appalling infrastructure are part of daily life, then 10 - 15 years later you end up penniless, old and disillusioned. Or you make short trips to a greener pasture as these are all you can afford, which are fun but merely provide you with short term high, then you get old one day and still remain disillusioned.

Rooshv, the poster child, have gone from one banner to another, now this neomasculinity and who knows what's next. It seems like everyone of us is simply running away from reality and make up justifications for this hamster wheel running, but not one thing we do can actually change our life for good.

How many of you accept the cold hard fact that you have to be rich and only then you are truly free and can be happier abroad on a permanent basis?


Of course you're right on many points.

I work in the states and by most standards I have a privileged job. But at the end of the day I'm just a house nigger. I do have vacation time, but it doesn't allow me to accomplish anything long term.

On the other hand if you go abroad doing low paid gigs trying to eek out a life, you'll regret it down the road. It's very likely that some day you'll need to come back to the United States and when you do you'll have nothing to show for it. Does anyone really want to start their career at 30, 40 or 50? Or if you meet a girl and want to start a family, you'll live in poverty. It's easy to rationalize immediate fun and ignore problems many years away. But eventually your fantasy will crash. Your immediate freedom will carry a long term penalty.

The ideal solution is to make your money and then quit. To do this you need to be willing to do stuff you don't like. If you're willing to live modestly, you can quit after a while and move to cheap places like Texas. I don't agree that you need to live abroad. The third world offers women, better food and architecture. If I can get a woman from the third world, grow my own food and build my own house, then I'm perfectly happy living in America.
User avatar
drealm
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Banano » Thu May 28, 2015 7:47 am

People like roosh and winston can easily retire in some asian or sth american country and be happier abroad, finances are not an issue. Most of us here on this forum will never get to that position due to lack of money.

Sometimes iI wonder if the whole idea of leaving your own country and everything behind is the way to go. Roosh was going from place to place in search of poosy paradise, never had any meaningful relationship and he turned into delusional and jaded man.
Winston is in a similar situation, rarely travels these days and when he does all he attracts are either low quality low hanging fruit or gold diggers type.

American in bkk is one of the most prominent expats who is living normal life in a 3rd world country but he sounds too bitter and jaded to qualify as a success story.


Ladislav has been traveling for the past 30 years and now he is miserable old man suggar daddying single mums in a philipines, buying love. He regrets not having a family.

Being a player in your 20s and 30s is good but what hapens after when you get too old and unatractive to be a player?
Banano
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2012
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:26 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Moretorque » Thu May 28, 2015 7:56 am

Cornfed wrote:I don't see how any goodhearted person living in the West could possibly be particularly happy. Goodhearted people are happy when they are succeeding as part of a successful community achieving common worthwhile goals outside of themselves. When everything about society is going to shit, this is obviously not possible.

Yes, it is becoming increasingly apparent that it is necessary to loot millions of dollars from the system in order to have any kind of decent life.


This is why I love the great Corny. There are a lot of problems but not having honest money sure is one of them and we got to this point by the loot mentality with a system that rewards those who do not produce by such a process you describe.
Last edited by Moretorque on Thu May 28, 2015 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4212
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby GoingAwol » Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 am

I have been thinking about this too. It seems like the only people that have the means to really travel are wealthy and they are the only ones who do well in Western Society and don't need to travel to find happiness.
Outside of the wealthy the only other people that get to do serious traveling are in the military and the military isn't for everyone.
It would be nice if the U.S government would give aid to men who want to go overseas to find wives. It would lead to happier men and more productivity.
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Yohan » Thu May 28, 2015 8:32 am

GoingAwol wrote:It would be nice if the U.S government would give aid to men who want to go overseas to find wives. It would lead to happier men and more productivity.


In Western feminist countries it's more the opposite, it's about how to make it difficult for Western men to date foreign women. - And it is getting more and more restrictive.

I do not recommend anyway to bring a foreign women into USA or UK etc.

Leave her in her own country, and try to be HappierAbroad. It's about you to be HAPPIER ABROAD, and not about her.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby GoingAwol » Thu May 28, 2015 9:26 am

Yohan,
But that begs the question... How? Most countries where good women can be found seem to be economically depressed with few opportunities to make a decent living.So how does a guy manage to make a decent living in one of these countries? It's sad that Western men have to go to these lengths to get basic needs met. Just a little over half a century ago an American man could have a decent wife and a decent job right here in the states. Just imagine being a young single man returning from WW2 and having your pick of good American women and enjoying the prosperity of postwar America. Those decades between WW2 and the rise of feminism must have been paradise. Both of my grandmothers were virgins when they were married and stayed with my grandfathers until they died and never remarried afterwards. Both were good mothers and grandmothers. Why can't we go back to that America? The current state of this country pales in comparison...
GoingAwol
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu May 28, 2015 10:55 am

I'm not rich by any Western world standards, and yet I will be able to relocate permanently to the country of my wife's origins in about 3-4 months due to the way I have been able to invest my savings. I will never be a millionaire, not in euros or dollars anyway, but I am able to generate a stable monthly income that allows my wife, myself and our children to have a comfortable life, a roof over our head and enough food on the table for us to remain healthy.

It's not impossible. It's not even incredibly hard. It's a combination of being lucky, of having the right mentors and advisers, of working hard, planning ahead and thinking of your future. People often overestimate the amount of money that one needs to survive abroad, MASSIVELY. They overestimate the price of things, the difficulties, the obstacles. They endlessly think things over, until they become stuck in their heads.

People are their own worst enemies when it comes to successfully making the move. You need to have an adventurous spirit, a good pair of balls and good brains. You need to have the willingness to take risks, to put yourself out there. The willingness to try, at all costs, even when failure is a realistic option. To tell that nasty little voice inside your head, that tells you you'll fail, to f**k off. And not to listen to the naysayers, the doom scenario preachers, the prophets of negativity, telling you your dreams cannot become reality.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 7:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby Moretorque » Thu May 28, 2015 11:31 am

GoingAwol wrote:I have been thinking about this too. It seems like the only people that have the means to really travel are wealthy and they are the only ones who do well in Western Society and don't need to travel to find happiness.
Outside of the wealthy the only other people that get to do serious traveling are in the military and the military isn't for everyone.
It would be nice if the U.S government would give aid to men who want to go overseas to find wives. It would lead to happier men and more productivity.


The wealthiest people have the military travel around the planet to keep them in charge so they can travel around and use them to loot everybody else.

Spoken like a true socialist, you sir unfortunately are what they want for those who created this wealth gape. The mass wanting socialism such as yourself still have not figured out socialism is about creating a massive underclass of a few haves and practically all have not's.

Once you understand the original intent of America you realize there are supposed to be no standing armies here , the navy was to look out for the King and they did not do to well because we use the King's bank today. Along with the Kings bank comes multitudes of armies to enforce the King's communal dictatorship called socialism, this is to be done at gunpoint and only one side the Kings is allowed to own them.
Last edited by Moretorque on Thu May 28, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4212
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby The » Thu May 28, 2015 11:48 am

Moretorque wrote:
GoingAwol wrote:I have been thinking about this too. It seems like the only people that have the means to really travel are wealthy and they are the only ones who do well in Western Society and don't need to travel to find happiness.
Outside of the wealthy the only other people that get to do serious traveling are in the military and the military isn't for everyone.
It would be nice if the U.S government would give aid to men who want to go overseas to find wives. It would lead to happier men and more productivity.


The wealthiest people have the military travel around the planet to keep them in charge so they can travel around and use them to loot everybody else.

Spoken like a true socialist, you sir unfortunately are what they want for those who created this wealth gape. The mass wanting socialism such as yourself still have not figured out socialism is about creating a massive underclass of a few haves and practically all have not's.

Once you understand the original intent of America you realize there are supposed to be no standing armies here , the navy was to look out for the King and they did not do to well because we use the King's bank today. Along with the Kings bank comes multitudes of armies to enforce the King's communal dictatorship called socialism and this is at gunpoint and only one side the Kings is allowed to own them.


Agree 100%...
The
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 725
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby QatarDan » Thu May 28, 2015 9:13 pm

I must be one of the lucky ones lol
QatarDan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: How many of you are happy in your current situation?

Postby MrMan » Fri May 29, 2015 1:27 am

Depending on what you do for a living, you don't have to be rich to live abroad. There are high-paying expat jobs in management and engineering that could land you an overseas assignment. But typically, you have to be experienced and work for a company for quite a while. You could look into international rotation programs. But you need a solid degree useful for business, e.g. management, finance, engineering.

There are also teaching and academic jobs. If you get certified as a teacher, you can look at jobs at international schools in various countries. Rich expat's companies can pay $20k per kid to send a child to a swanky school overseas. Work there as a teacher and make a decent wage. Indonesia had a number of 'national plus' schools with international curriculums for children of rich parents who could afford the tuition. Some of those paid expats reasonably well. There are always those English institutes, but in a place like Indonesia, an actual school usually pays better.

If you get a PhD in something, there are colleges and universities that hire on an international market. I think this is a good way to get a visa to go into a country. Even the US lets PhD's in to teach and do research at universities. They make it tough for manual laborers to come in legally, but 'brain drain' the developed countries by bringing in international faculty. Management, law, and medicine (and probably engineering) tend to pay well. Humanities at the PhD level typically pay not so well, but usually there is job security. It's harder to get a top notch job at a university in some countries, but China, and of course South Korea are trying to bring in international professors and pay them a wage that can even be on par with the average university in the US.

Overseas teaching and university employers may set you up with an apartment and other perks, too.

You don't have to be filthy stinking rich to get a decent job overseas. You do need to have some education or training to get a good job overseas.

Teaching ESL is easy to get into if you have a degree, or was the last I heard. But in some countries it pays okay, and in some it pays poorly. I saw some lousy salaries in Japan many years ago when I was looking, but the average Korean language institute paid pretty well. The last I checked it was airfare there, an apartment (or a room in an apartment with other teachers), and maybe $1800 a month and a few benefits (health insurance, etc.) A lot of Indonesian schools paid about $700 a month when I left. When I first got there, they paid about $1200 in the mid-1990s, so I was careful not to get the typical low-paid job for most of my time there.

If you want to teach ESL, my advice to undergrads is to get a teaching degree in something besides ESL first or get a specialized degree that you can earn a decent living in outside of the field of ESL (e.g. finance, management, engineering, chemistry, etc.) You may be able to find some kind if niche job where you can use your education overseas. If you are a certified teacher and start off teaching at an institute, maybe you can get a job at an international school that pays better. Sometimes, international schools don't give local hires housing or as high a salary, so you have to consider that, too.
MrMan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:52 am

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests