OkCupid Experiences

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

OkCupid Experiences

Post by MustVisitAsia123 »

I've recently gotten an OkCupid account a couple of days ago. I asked my friend if I could borrow his pictures so I used his picture for the account. Now my friend isn't very attractive but he's an average looking guy. The reason I don't want to use my photos is because I don't want to put myself out there just yet until I check out the local people. He's not ugly in any aspects but when I messaged around 40-50 girls I've only gotten 5 responses. Most of these responses don't lead to any meetups or further conversation. Also it's not my picture I do feel frustrated because some girls I messaged were average looking yet they don't respond. I hear fat girls and ugly girls who create an OkCupid account gets tons of messages. I'm from Toronto, Canada by the way, has anyone experienced something like this?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: OkCupid Experiences

Post by Dragon »

MustVisitAsia123 wrote:I've recently gotten an OkCupid account a couple of days ago. I asked my friend if I could borrow his pictures so I used his picture for the account. Now my friend isn't very attractive but he's an average looking guy. The reason I don't want to use my photos is because I don't want to put myself out there just yet until I check out the local people. He's not ugly in any aspects but when I messaged around 40-50 girls I've only gotten 5 responses. Most of these responses don't lead to any meetups or further conversation. Also it's not my picture I do feel frustrated because some girls I messaged were average looking yet they don't respond. I hear fat girls and ugly girls who create an OkCupid account gets tons of messages. I'm from Toronto, Canada by the way, has anyone experienced something like this?
Nigga, you're in Toronto. One of the hardest places to date in North America.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Dragon wrote:
MustVisitAsia123 wrote:I've recently gotten an OkCupid account a couple of days ago. I asked my friend if I could borrow his pictures so I used his picture for the account. Now my friend isn't very attractive but he's an average looking guy. The reason I don't want to use my photos is because I don't want to put myself out there just yet until I check out the local people. He's not ugly in any aspects but when I messaged around 40-50 girls I've only gotten 5 responses. Most of these responses don't lead to any meetups or further conversation. Also it's not my picture I do feel frustrated because some girls I messaged were average looking yet they don't respond. I hear fat girls and ugly girls who create an OkCupid account gets tons of messages. I'm from Toronto, Canada by the way, has anyone experienced something like this?
Explain? I got a general idea
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

MustVisitAsia123 wrote:
Dragon wrote:
How old are you?
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Dragon wrote:
MustVisitAsia123 wrote:
Dragon wrote:
How old are you?
Pretty young compared to most people on these forums. I'm currently 19 along with my friend :)
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

MustVisitAsia123 wrote:
Dragon wrote:
MustVisitAsia123 wrote:
Dragon wrote:
How old are you?
Pretty young compared to most people on these forums. I'm currently 19 along with my friend :)
Ah, that pretty much explains everything.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Nigga, you're in Toronto. One of the hardest places to date in North America.[/quote]

Pretty young compared to most people on these forums. I'm currently 19 along with my friend :)[/quote]

Ah, that pretty much explains everything.[/quote][/quote]

Could you fully explain? I would appreciate it :)
Stag
Freshman Poster

Post by Stag »

OkStupid, you mean?

I created a fake profile of a stud, and the interest shown is non existent! What hope is there for us?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Why don't you use another site? My wife gets lots of 'Hello' messages from military men wanting to friend her. Maybe military guys go for pretty Asian faces. She let me now about it, and just ignores the friend requests.

But I wonder if some single women would respond to friends of friends friending them on Facebook and sriking up conversations. Facebook tells you what city people on there are from.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

Stag wrote:OkStupid, you mean?

I created a fake profile of a stud, and the interest shown is non existent! What hope is there for us?
It doesn't mean there's no hope for "us". Finding dates and relationships isn't an issue for me, I came to this forum to ask people's experience on why OkCupid isn't working with a picture of my friend. You do realize girls receive over 40 messages per day on OkCupid and to test this theory I made a fake account with a fat girl. There's over 100 messages in one day! It's understandable why most girls don't respond to the OkCupid profile of my friend. In reality most girls aren't this picky because there aren't 100 + guys approaching her in a day unless she's a supermodel or incredibly famous.
MustVisitAsia123
Freshman Poster

MrMan wrote:Why don't you use another site? My wife gets lots of 'Hello' messages from military men wanting to friend her. Maybe military guys go for pretty Asian faces. She let me now about it, and just ignores the friend requests.

But I wonder if some single women would respond to friends of friends friending them on Facebook and sriking up conversations. Facebook tells you what city people on there are from.
I tried some other websites already with a picture of my friend. I would get at least 1-3 messages a day unlike OkCupid where I got none. When I used my legitimate photo I got over 20 messages. In a way I wanted to test out how average looking guys would fare on a website like OkCupid which is a useless site for most people in my opinion. I tried messaging girls on Facebook before and it does work depending on the girl. There is a possibility she may not respond and think you're a creep though.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Stag wrote:OkStupid, you mean?
Lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

If you only sent around 50 messages and got 5 replies you are doing pretty good. I could send 100 messages on okcupid and not get a reply.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

MrMan wrote:Why don't you use another site? My wife gets lots of 'Hello' messages from military men wanting to friend her. Maybe military guys go for pretty Asian faces. She let me now about it, and just ignores the friend requests.

Wife. On OKCupid.

You crazy?
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

onethousandknives wrote:

Wife. On OKCupid.

You crazy?
What's so surprising? it's a western dude.
"honnneeey [with meek voice] you can go out with him, you guys have fuuuunn cupcake, don't forget to use protection"
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?