Incels and subhumans

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Incels and subhumans

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:What is your dream ? a lot of mainstream medicine today is a con for the most part, what is your take on this.
To make my money and get out, then retire as a professor in the PI. As to most of medicine being a con, I don't know how you see stabilizing a gunshot victim, unblocking a clogged artery via catheterization, or removing a section of necrotic bowel as a scam. The vast majority of the disease we see is caused by lifestyle- eat right, don't smoke, avoid physical injuries, exercise regularly, and don't drink alcohol and you can enjoy a nice, worry-free life.

The trouble is, people don't want to do these things, then they come begging pharmaceutical companies for their lifestyle-induced diabetes, hypertension, etc, because people are lazy and they want quick fixes. Pharma preys on the laziness of the masses, trying to create pills for the ailments their lifestyles create.

Now, what's wrong with medicine?
Doctors that just mindlessly prescribe because they heard X is the hot new drug.
Doctors that don't recommend lifestyle modification.
Much of oncology is futile, but much of it is also excellent. Stop giving chemo to 80 year old dudes with squamous mets un every organ to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Orthopedics and elective surgeries- when you're a hammer, everything is a nail. Often these docs will trick even themselves into believing a patient needs a treatment that may or may not yet be indicated.
Statins guidelines are terrible and categorize healthy people as suck.
Blood pressure guidelines are also terrible.
Salt intake guidelines are horribly misguided to the point of being retarded.
Mental health needs an overhaul. First line for everything is pills instead of lifestyle modification, because it's faster and easier for the provider.

There's a lot of good stuff though. We're damn good at treating sepsis and other infections. Anesthesia is incredibly safe. Trauma surgery has come a long way. Life expectancy continues to do well, and functional life expectancy has increased along with it. We've got excellent outcomes for those with good insurance compared to the rest of the world. I mean, it's really a complex topic.

Part of the issue is that people have this expectation that doctors and science have so many more answers than we actually do. We're still very much in the infancy of medicine and science, and likely will not have answers to many of the great questions within our lifetimes. Literally every other page in a medical textbook is either a theory or "research in this area is ongoing." We do the best be can with the tools we have. Most of the time, it pans out positively. But real life medicine isn't a bunch of perfect people with all of the answers like on TV- it's a bunch of human beings working to the best of their available knowledge, and sometimes that knowledge isn't entirely correct.

Pharmaceutical companies are largely to blame, as they are downright predatory in their practices and we're dependent upon the research they provide us with to guide treatments. The trouble is, they tend to hide any reports that don't show their medication favorably, so we aren't working with a full set of data. But doctors don't make money off of drugs- it's actually illegal for us to do so. We don't own pharmacies, nor do we receive kickbacks. It's illegal for pharma reps to buy us anything larger than a sandwich nowadays lol, they literally can't even give me a free Bic pen with their logo. So it's not like we prescribe drugs to line our pockets- we're prescribing what we believe to be best based on the limited data presented to us.

I don't intend to end up in a prescriptive role, personally. I'm more likely going to be doing something short term in nature- emergency medicine, anesthesiology, radiology- fields that kind of exempt me from the pharma BS.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Agreed but our rulers who control medicine want our numbers down like real now. Some medicine is good but as you stated the Pharma industry is not it.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:Agreed but our rulers who control medicine want our numbers down like real now. Some medicine is good but as you stated the Pharma industry is not it.
You really fail to grasp the reality of wealth and power. No matter how many people there are, the wealthy still get what they want. The people on the bottom fall further down, and the wealthy are that much better off in comparison. All this conspiracy nonsense about killing off most of the population is stupid on so many levels- the joy of power comes from controlling and lording over others, killing your own subjects is killing your own buzz. Those extra billions of people are more power to subjugate, more desperate women to control, more men to feel superior to and look better than in comparison. But whatever, keep on believing the crazy, I've been here for years and you're still just as delusional as ever about this stupid mass murder plot that there is no evidence or motive for.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

^ The depopulation agenda is quite openly stated and carried out. Obviously farmers quite often become overstocked and cull their herds.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Cornfed wrote:^ The depopulation agenda is quite openly stated and carried out. Obviously farmers quite often become overstocked and cull their herds.
There is no such thing as overstocked when it comes to power. More is always better. As to your clear and openly stated nonsense, I'll be over here rolling my eyes.

The thing most people don't realize is that the world would completely descend into chaos if we lost more than 15% of the population, simply by virtue of how insanley specialized our society has become. If we lost, say, a sixth of our engineers, chances are we're going to lose a guy that was the last or only one that knew how to fix X part in a nuclear reactor, or a power plant, or a dam, etc. I read a lot of journals that deal with pandemic management and upcoming threats, and all the research shows that 15-20% population loss over a period of a year leads to the complete collapse of society as we know it. Like, monetary systems becoming meaningless and the wealthy losing all the fake money that gives them any claim to power to begin with. So yeah, don't count on a mass population decline.

More likely would be a gradual population reduction over centuries via the already existing phenomenon of birth rate stagnation in wealthy countries. Within a few hundred years, our population will have declined to reasonable levels, as affluence and social pressure tend to lead to people either foregoing children entirely or having not enough to sustain population growth, as has haplened in all of Europe and Japan. Hell, the last Japanese person will be born long before the next millennium if current trends hold
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
Cornfed wrote:^ The depopulation agenda is quite openly stated and carried out. Obviously farmers quite often become overstocked and cull their herds.
There is no such thing as overstocked when it comes to power. More is always better. As to your clear and openly stated nonsense, I'll be over here rolling my eyes.

The thing most people don't realize is that the world would completely descend into chaos if we lost more than 15% of the population, simply by virtue of how insanley specialized our society has become. If we lost, say, a sixth of our engineers, chances are we're going to lose a guy that was the last or only one that knew how to fix X part in a nuclear reactor, or a power plant, or a dam, etc. I read a lot of journals that deal with pandemic management and upcoming threats, and all the research shows that 15-20% population loss over a period of a year leads to the complete collapse of society as we know it. Like, monetary systems becoming meaningless and the wealthy losing all the fake money that gives them any claim to power to begin with. So yeah, don't count on a mass population decline.

More likely would be a gradual population reduction over centuries via the already existing phenomenon of birth rate stagnation in wealthy countries. Within a few hundred years, our population will have declined to reasonable levels, as affluence and social pressure tend to lead to people either foregoing children entirely or having not enough to sustain population growth, as has haplened in all of Europe and Japan. Hell, the last Japanese person will be born long before the next millennium if current trends hold
House MD, your not quite there yet. They want around a billion or less of us around. The eco is currently giving up the Ghost under the weight humanity is currently baring upon it. Rather than educate all of us into sustainability which the time has long passed they would rather remain hidden and depopulate by stealth and trickery.

Medicine plays a big role in this as well, you could very well be the next Dr. Josef Mengele if you play your cards right :D . You will just be carrying out your papers orders in order to bring us closer to the reality of the communal dictatorship or more commonly presented as the workers paradise .
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:

House MD, your not quite there yet. They want around a billion or less of us around. The eco is currently giving up the Ghost under the weight humanity is currently baring upon it. Rather than educate all of us into sustainability which the time has long passed they would rather remain hidden and depopulate by stealth and trickery.

Medicine plays a big role in this as well, you could very well be the next Dr. Josef Mengele if you play your cards right :D . You will just be carrying out your papers orders in order to bring us closer to the reality of the communal dictatorship or more commonly presented as the workers paradise .
Yes, I'll totally be depopulation the country by saving car crash victims in the ED, determining whether bones are broken on an X-ray, or by keeping someone alive during surgery :roll: surely, I'm practically a Nazi that is exterminating the masses :roll:

As to resource depletion, what resources are we lacking? And more importantly, why does that affect the wealthy at all? Let's look at a Ferrari. This model of Ferrari only is made in batches of 100 per year, slightly more if you're willing to pay for extra production. Many people want Ferraris, but they are in short supply- the number of Ferraris is rapidly depleted and beyond reach of most people. But to the wealthy, this doesn't matter- they have enough wealth to access the resources. It doesn't matter how depleted the world gets, there will always be enough for the 1%, who will keep unspoilt la.d for themselves under armed guard, and use the depletion of resources to control the masses. In an environment of plenty, you lose control and power. Depletion and scarcity are nothing but good for those on top. Enjoy your fantasy though, it's classic poor person thinking applied to the views of the wealthy, and actually quite laughably sad to behold.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

A lot of the German Nazi staff thought they were going to go down in history as hero's as well.

I have watched modern medicine in action real closely on my mother and now my step father, you are right the ER part of it is pretty good but you can go research the #'s yourself on people who have been killed here in the US by bad medicine as of lately. My mother is one of these statistics.

You will be surprised when you look outside the box just how bad a lot of modern medicine can be, I just look at the food they serve in the hospital to get well. You literally are what you eat.

As far as there always being enough resources to sustain the rich's appetite as being the head of the food chain just tell that to the dinosaurs. :P
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:A lot of the German Nazi staff thought they were going to go down in history as hero's as well.

I have watched modern medicine in action real closely on my mother and now my step father, you are right the ER part of it is pretty good but you can go research the #'s yourself on people who have been killed here in the US by bad medicine as of lately. My mother is one of these statistics.

You will be surprised when you look outside the box just how bad a lot of modern medicine can be, I just look at the food they serve in the hospital to get well. You literally are what you eat.
The hospital I worked at gave people a six page menu of what they could choose to eat. You could have anything from plain oatmeal to a double cheeseburger.

As to it killing people, we save more than we kill, but we're certainly not perfect. If we shorten 40% of lives but lengthen 60%, we've done our duty. We're humans, not gods.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

What about what's going on with Obama care ? it's one size fits all is it not, when you save these lives it's more competition for the remaining resources.

If your in the game for the wealth your thought process is not honed as good as it could be. CRUSH KILL DESTROY so there's more for me. Now repeat this over and over. :) that's the man chant!
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Last edited by HouseMD on June 29th, 2015, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:What about what's going on with Obama care ? it's one size fits all is it not, when you save these lives it's more competition for the remaining resources.

If your in the game for the wealth your thought process is not honed as good as it could be. CRUSH KILL DESTROY so there's more for me. Now repeat this over and over. :) that's the man chant!
Obamacare hardly makes healthcare equal. It just tried to ensure the people at the bottom have bare bones care, which is a gem of a lot better than zero care but not nearly as good as the hospital insurance I used to carry.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
Moretorque wrote:What about what's going on with Obama care ? it's one size fits all is it not, when you save these lives it's more competition for the remaining resources.

Obamacare hardly makes healthcare equal. It just tried to ensure the people at the bottom have bare bones care, which is a gem of a lot better than zero care but not nearly as good as the hospital insurance I used to carry.
I think Obama care is about more wealth transfer and control over our lives through the banking establishment.
Time to Hide!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Moretorque wrote:
HouseMD wrote:

I think Obama care is about more wealth transfer and control over our lives through the banking establishment.
It definitely is. Physicians were the last of the professional class that the government could not enslave. Obamacare has ensured that physicians will now be employees, robbing them of their aytonomy and lowing for top down cuts in pay that physicians would not have previously tolerated. Hospitals will take our salaries, and give us a pittance while keeping the majority of the cash for themselves. The government doesn't like people that work for themselves and have a lot of money, and Obamacare sought to take out a huge group that fits that category.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

So I'm having a rather severe adverse reaction to a vaccine right now and I'm probably in the no vaccines for life camp now. My body just can't take them- my immune system is already jacked up enough to have anaphylactic rxns, and this damn nurse injected a subQ vaccine into my muscle, so now I'm sore from neck to elbow five days later. Naturally, they're all "I've never heard of anything like that" and refuse to take me seriously, because anything unusual is clearly BS. I want to slap the damn nurse and be like, "*****, I'm two years into medical school, I had years of healthcare experience prior to this, I know what is what, so listen to my damn issue and don't brush it off."

If I end up with something like MS or the like, I'm going to be so pissed. And I'll have them put "torque was right" on my tombstone.