Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What kind of writing should Ghost do in the future?

Write more guides - they are helpful
17%
Write more novels or stories with HA themes
17%
Write bullshit sparkly vampire stories for single moms to read and try to make lots of money this way
33%
Stop writing under a pseudonym and write in your "real" life
17%
Other
No votes
Stop writing - you suck
17%

Total votes : 6

-----

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:46 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What kind of writing should Ghost do in the future?

Postby Moretorque » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:11 pm

I think you should write about supernatural hauntings.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:23 pm

Moretorque wrote:I think you should write about supernatural hauntings.

I am pretty good at haunting moon landing deniers.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:44 pm

I am surprised you believe anything these people say.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Ghostwriting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A[/youtube]
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Ghost wrote:I'm at a bit of a crossroads with writing. It's my great love in life, not just about money. Money is secondary, really. I prefer to write what I care about, relating to what I believe in. If I ever make it big, that's great, but I also don't care about mainstream publishing because just like everything else popular with the masses, most of it is shit. That's why some of the most popular books these days are Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. So far I haven't "sold out" and tried to write shit that will appeal to moronic single moms and whatnot, but I'm considering it. I think this is the only path that has the possibility of serious money-making in it.

Since writing Expatriation Apocalypse!, I have ideas for more guides. So I could focus on practical material over stories for the future. I have enough knowledge now to produce about 2 or 3 more useful guides. For example, I could write a pretty kick-ass guide about teaching in China I think.

I've written more than what's linked in my signature. I've done a bit in my real name, which was shit because it wasn't honest or meaningful. Currently nothing out there now. I took it down a while back. So that's another option - writing under my real name and asking family and friends to help spread the word. That's only a good idea if I can muster a good effort though. It means I can't hold back the next time and must write honestly, even if that means exposing my anti-feminist views.

Other than that, perhaps I suck at this and need to do other things.

All right, let me have it. I'm not thin-skinned, so no need to hold back if you've got an opinion.

If writing is your thing, why not write guides under one name and write sparkly vampire bullshit (TM) under another name?
I.e. have a different name for each genre. Other well-known authors have done this.
You can face yourself in the mirror and still cover the rent.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:43 am

Teal Lantern wrote:
Ghost wrote:I'm at a bit of a crossroads with writing. It's my great love in life, not just about money. Money is secondary, really. I prefer to write what I care about, relating to what I believe in. If I ever make it big, that's great, but I also don't care about mainstream publishing because just like everything else popular with the masses, most of it is shit. That's why some of the most popular books these days are Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey. So far I haven't "sold out" and tried to write shit that will appeal to moronic single moms and whatnot, but I'm considering it. I think this is the only path that has the possibility of serious money-making in it.

Since writing Expatriation Apocalypse!, I have ideas for more guides. So I could focus on practical material over stories for the future. I have enough knowledge now to produce about 2 or 3 more useful guides. For example, I could write a pretty kick-ass guide about teaching in China I think.

I've written more than what's linked in my signature. I've done a bit in my real name, which was shit because it wasn't honest or meaningful. Currently nothing out there now. I took it down a while back. So that's another option - writing under my real name and asking family and friends to help spread the word. That's only a good idea if I can muster a good effort though. It means I can't hold back the next time and must write honestly, even if that means exposing my anti-feminist views.

All right, let me have it. I'm not thin-skinned, so no need to hold back if you've got an opinion.

If writing is your thing, why not write guides under one name and write sparkly vampire bullshit (TM) under another name?
I.e. have a different name for each genre. Other well-known authors have done this.

Yes, and to add to this point... Melville's 'Moby Dick' didn't become popular and a subsequent All-American classic, until after his death. Goethe had also spent decades, working on 'Faust', prior to its publication.

Thus, keep one's Magnum Opus close but put out the pulp fiction to pay the bills.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:05 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Signet » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 am

Ghost wrote:I've written more than what's linked in my signature. I've done a bit in my real name, which was shit because it wasn't honest or meaningful. Currently nothing out there now. I took it down a while back. So that's another option - writing under my real name and asking family and friends to help spread the word. That's only a good idea if I can muster a good effort though. It means I can't hold back the next time and must write honestly, even if that means exposing my anti-feminist views.

Your anti-feminist views are not going to do anything to you unless you plan to get a job in a sector where SJWs can exert control. If you are an independent author living off of e-books, if they actually GOT outraged at you, it would do nothing but send you traffic. If you're in a country that laughs at feminism, your bosses aren't going to care if they're over there in the U.S. (or etc.) stamping their feet. I get the feeling you aren't hoping to get a corporate job in the U.S., so attaching your real name to your views will at most get you a few facebook stalkers and some ankle-biters sending you weird messages.

If you're looking to be financially successful, nothing will ever make more money than marketing fiction to women (particularly if you can find a weird niche previously unexploited, such as the women who make $10k a month writing dinosaur-on-human erotica). You could also write YA fiction with female empowerment themes. Being an average writer with only a half decent idea can become something absurdly profitable. Of course, the cost is your dignity (unless you wanted to write YA in that vein), and you probably wouldn't want to write it under an expressly male name, but it's the low hanging fruit.

I'd generally say just write what appeals to you and let it be whatever, but if that's an unhelpful platitude, I'd say to stick in the HA themes sector (whether with guides OR stories), because that seems to be where your head is, and where your most genuine writing will come from. It may be of marginal profitability, but there is a market for it. Additionally, you could try to work those HA themes into YA fiction and kill multiple birds at once.

In whatever case, if you want to be successful in more than a 'hey, I got $200 off this thing I was going to write anyway!' way, then you're going to need a base, not just for advertising, but simply to establish a presence. The more noticeable you are, the more likely people are to look at what you're doing.
Signet
Freshman Poster

-----

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:16 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Moretorque » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:Ghostwriting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A[/youtube]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:58 pm

Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:I think you should write about supernatural hauntings.

I am pretty good at haunting moon landing deniers.

:lol:
you guys...{shakes head}

(thanks for the laugh)
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Teal Lantern wrote:

+1
Yes this is the answer
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:03 am

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Cornfed » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 am

Ghost wrote:Dinosaur-woman erotica. Now I've seen everything. Gives me some ideas, makes me think I should just "sell out" and do it. Hahaha.

LOL. I suggested something similar a while ago, but it would appear that as a plodding traditionalist I grossly underestimated the level of bizarre sickness you need to cater to these days. Perhaps you could try my idea and then proceed to plum lower depths of the female psyche from there.
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17999
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Next

Return to General Discussions