Thailand aint that bad afterall

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Thailand aint that bad afterall

Post by drronnie »

Maybe I should stop bashing Thai women and start seeing the postives. It seems to me that women are getting my negative vibe and that is not too helpful. In November the Asean opens and there will be a lot more choices. Actually I communicate quite well with Filipinas and Burmese girls who work here. Burmese women eventhough Buddhist do not seem to be so materialistic as their Thai counterparts.

For a social awkward person like me it is already helpful if women enable a friendlier approach without being so defensive like the Westen women.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thailand aint that bad afterall

Post by Yohan »

I am in Thailand now, in the Pattaya area. All is fine here, the only problem is the exchange rate. Thailand is somewhat overvalued against Western currencies and the Japanese yen.

Not really so cheap anymore, expect prices up 30 percent and more compared to last year only because of the exchange rate!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Yohan wrote:I am in Thailand now, in the Pattaya area. All is fine here, the only problem is the exchange rate. Thailand is somewhat overvalued against Western currencies and the Japanese yen.

Not really so cheap anymore, expect prices up 30 percent and more compared to last year only because of the exchange rate!
Pattaya is a blast. Is PIC Kitchen still there? Soi 5 Pattaya 2nd road. Really cool place. It's like a little compound with many different buildings. They have a neat jazz lounge upstairs in one of the buildings.

Also, make sure and check out Ko Larn. Worth a trip spending the night.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Yohan wrote:I am in Thailand now, in the Pattaya area. All is fine here, the only problem is the exchange rate. Thailand is somewhat overvalued against Western currencies and the Japanese yen.

Well the USD is a western currency. Thai Baht has fallen over 4% against the USD since July 1, 2014 (last 12 months).

On July 1, 2014, a USD would buy 32.39 Baht

Now, July 1, 2015, a USD will buy 33.82 Baht.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

drronnie,

I knew this slightly over weight balding Chinese American guy who is an expat in Thailand. He doesn't even make allot of money. However, he only targets expats girls in Thailand and according to him they are easy to pick up. Most western guys in THailand are focus on Thai girls so that leaves the western girls alone. Not all western girls in Thailand are middle age and fat you have those young coeds that travel around with their back packs..he focus on them .

he said because they are on vacation they already in good mood ..however, his very good socially and he does know pua and I think that;s a big part in him scoring.

Just wondering from your experience..with western women in thailand.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Rock wrote: Well the USD is a western currency. Thai Baht has fallen over 4% against the USD since July 1, 2014 (last 12 months).

On July 1, 2014, a USD would buy 32.39 Baht

Now, July 1, 2015, a USD will buy 33.82 Baht.
It is true that the USD is doing well against Asian currencies, including the Japanese yen. For me it's different from Japan.

Last year yen 10.000,- = about baht 3800,-

Today yen 10.000,- = about baht 2700,-

Anyway, we have our own rooms in Pattaya/Jomtien, no hotel bill and ANA direct flight from Japan did not change the airfare, same in Yen as last year. The exchange rate is not really such a problem for us. We do not spend more in Thailand than we would spend in Japan.

But also the Euro is much less worth than last year.

Same with Philippines, last year 2 yen = 1 peso, today 3 yen = 1 peso....
This does not help overseas workers sending money home like our Filipina office maid.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

pete98146 wrote: Pattaya is a blast. Is PIC Kitchen still there? Soi 5 Pattaya 2nd road. Really cool place. It's like a little compound with many different buildings. They have a neat jazz lounge upstairs in one of the buildings.
Also, make sure and check out Ko Larn. Worth a trip spending the night.
From Pattaya Central to Pattaya North 2nd road not much changed so far, the major constructions are somewhere else, like the huge buildings along Jomtien South for example.

We have our own motorcycle, just 10 minutes to BaliHai Ferry to Koh Larn, which is the best place in Pattaya if you want to see a clean beach.

The beach along Pattaya and Jomtien is not the best, noisy, dirty, also dangerous as too many motorboats and also terrible traffic along the beach road.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

The currency which has actually moved in relative value is the Yen, not the Baht. The Japanese Yen had become super strong after 2008 financial crisis until 2013. Since then, it has lost anywhere from 20% to 40% of it's exchange value depending on the currency or commodity you base it on.

Most other Asian currencies including Thai Baht have been a lot more stable than Japanese Yen in last 2 years. Consider just 3 years ago, one USD bought less than 80 JPY. That's pretty much the high value on the Yen if you look back several decades. Before that, the last time it crossed 80 was back around 1995. Now it's already back to nearly 125.
drronnie
Freshman Poster

Post by drronnie »

chanta76 wrote:drronnie,

I knew this slightly over weight balding Chinese American guy who is an expat in Thailand. He doesn't even make allot of money. However, he only targets expats girls in Thailand and according to him they are easy to pick up. Most western guys in THailand are focus on Thai girls so that leaves the western girls alone. Not all western girls in Thailand are middle age and fat you have those young coeds that travel around with their back packs..he focus on them .

he said because they are on vacation they already in good mood ..however, his very good socially and he does know pua and I think that;s a big part in him scoring.

Just wondering from your experience..with western women in thailand.
I have had very bad experiences with Western girls in the past so I do not even bother. Why would someone want to pickup Western girls while in South East Asia? My target is more Filipinas, Burmese or maybe Thais
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Pattaya and the touristy parts of Bangkok aren't for me. Honestly, Pattaya is one of the slimiest places in all of Thailand and is full of addicting vices. I've been there twice, spending one night on each visit, and was instantly turned off. Not my cup of tea.

I recently spent about 2 weeks wandering around rural Isaan (NE Thailand), and got to know many locals in Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Yasothon, Mukdahan, and also across the border in Savannakhet, Laos. Turns out many people from the area work in Taiwan too, so they often asked me a lot about Taiwan. I met so many wonderful, authentic folks in Isaan. And of course, I spoke in Thai to monolingual Thai speakers, and made friends with ordinary, simple Thai folks, not bar girls, massage touts, slimy expats, and fishy people.

I also explored Chiang Rai and other parts of the north.

Please, go beyond the comfort zone of the tourist traps and experience a different side of life.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I had fun in Pattaya but I'd never look for a wife there :shock: .

I'm in Berlin at the moment and it's got a huge Vietnamese population (obviously). Lol, this city is pretty crazy. Anyway, why the Vietnamese are here is quite a complex story you can read about on Wikipedia, but they are here in numbers and the young Vietnamese are very pretty and there are plenty of nice looking milf types as well. I think I will check out Vietnam on my next trip to Asia.

Vietnamese look quite similar to Southern Chinese but they tend to be a bit more petite and have prettier faces. Their food is very healthy although in Berlin they often tend to cook "generic" Asian food like unauthentic pad Thai or Massaman curry. It's also modified for German tastes, like putting cucumber in Massaman curry.

The language is tough but it sounds similar to Cantonese. The written language is much easier to learn though. The climate would be tough there with Guangzhou-like volumes of rain.

Vietnam is also much more welcoming of visitors and it's easier to get a long stay visa (or any visa at all) compared to paranoid China.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Falcon wrote:Pattaya and the touristy parts of Bangkok aren't for me. Honestly, Pattaya is one of the slimiest places in all of Thailand and is full of addicting vices. I've been there twice, spending one night on each visit, and was instantly turned off. Not my cup of tea.
Pattaya is a rather large city and it takes several weeks if you want to see what is going on in this place and nearby. To spend only 2 nights and to claim it's nothing else there in Pattaya but nightlife is plainly wrong.

Of course, Pattaya is not an ordinary provincial Thai city like Yasothon or Surin or similar places - it is an international holiday city with over 5 million visitors, with about 1.2 million Thai people often owning in this area a second home, and also with about 400.000 foreigners of any nationality who like to live in this city.

Pattaya is a good escape from Bangkok, as Pattaya is free of political demonstrations and never has high flood, as there are no large wide rivers in this area.

If you don't want to meet bargirls etc. then don't go to those places in Pattaya where they are - for example Walking Street, around BigC-North Pattaya etc. The area is large enough for everybody.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Falcon wrote:Pattaya and the touristy parts of Bangkok aren't for me. Honestly, Pattaya is one of the slimiest places in all of Thailand and is full of addicting vices. I've been there twice, spending one night on each visit, and was instantly turned off. Not my cup of tea.

I recently spent about 2 weeks wandering around rural Isaan (NE Thailand), and got to know many locals in Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Yasothon, Mukdahan, and also across the border in Savannakhet, Laos. Turns out many people from the area work in Taiwan too, so they often asked me a lot about Taiwan. I met so many wonderful, authentic folks in Isaan. And of course, I spoke in Thai to monolingual Thai speakers, and made friends with ordinary, simple Thai folks, not bar girls, massage touts, slimy expats, and fishy people.

I also explored Chiang Rai and other parts of the north.

Please, go beyond the comfort zone of the tourist traps and experience a different side of life.
:-) lol hahahaa